Self Catering Accommodation Llyn Peninsula | Melin Llyn
OFFER: Guests staying 4+ nights between April - June 2017 will receive a *£50 voucher* to spend at Cwt Tatws.
Cwt Tatws is a local, unique shop with an electic range of stylish home accessorries where you will also be welcomed by a cake and cuppa.
Self Catering Accommodation Llyn PeninsulaMelin Llyn is a large and luxurious holiday cottage. With its stylish, contemporary interior and beautiful furnishings, this old water mill is the perfect setting for a family or friends get together. Melin Llyn is located at the heart of the Llyn Peninsula, within its own enclosed garden in a tranquil location. From this wonderful accommodation Llyn Peninsula's long, golden sandy beaches are all within a few miles.
Kitchen - Bespoke painted oak kitchen with granite worktop, Belfast sink and TV. Includes a NEF integrated dishwasher, double oven and electric hob, fridge freezer, microwave, dualit toaster and kettle. Zinc and marble kitchen island and zinc table with contemporary chairs.
Lounge - Large room with a welcoming woodburner. Italian leather sofa, teal velvet sofa, contemporary red leather chair and a dark tan sumptuous leather chair. Designer cushions and throws. Original Indian cart coffee and bespoke oak refectory table with 10 oak chairs. All curtains and blinds made by hand. Chinese style sideboard and contemporary lighting. Retro style GPO sound centre. Large television with dvd player and sumptuous floor cushions.
Hall - Modern bench and high ceiling.
Shower room - Modern, rustic ground floor shower room with WC and shower.
Master bedroom - Luxurious king size bed with en suite shower room. Leather mirror, bespoke locally made stool, white luxury towels and toiletries.
Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron.
Aberdaron Bedroom - Antique style king size iron bed with designer throw and Welsh linen cushions. Industrial style leather chair and foot stool. Industrial style chest of drawers and mirror. Sheepskin rug.
Rhiw Bedroom - Two single beds with Welsh wool throws, welsh linen cushions and sheepskins. Teal drawers and modern clothes rail.
Bathroom - Bath with overhead shower, porthole mirror and luxury accessories.
Meillionydd Bedroom - Two single beds with Welsh wool throws and designer cushions. Sheepskin on floor and designer clothes rail.
Plas Newydd Bedroom - Luxury black velvet king size bed and ottoman, colonial style furnishings and antique style clothes rail. Designer cushions and bed throw and sheepskin rug.
Large enclosed garden with garden furniture and countryside views. Guests can sit around the fire pit and enjoy the wonderful surroundings.
- Guests will be welcomed by a selcection of local produce. Please let us know if your stay is a special occasion and we can make it even more memorable for you.
- Heating and electricity included
- Basket of logs and skuttle of coal included in the price.
- Bed linen,hand and bath towels provided
- 5 hairdryers provided
- Travel cot and high chair available on request (please bring your own linen for the cot)
- No smoking inside the cottage
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs welcome @ £25 per dog
- Private off road parking for up to 5 cars
- Catering services and pampering by local beauty therapists can be arranged on request
- Guests of Melin Llyn are also eligible to a 10% discount at Cwt Tatws during their stay. Cwt Tatws is an unique shop with an electic range of stylish home accessorries where you will also be welcomed by a cake and cuppa.
- Please note that a pre-authorised bond of £150.00 is required (pre-auth on payment card prior to arrival)
|Stunning place. Luxury home-from-home. Perfect location for an escape from day-to-day life with the family. Even though it was a typical winter weekend - weather-wise - the beaches were perfect for the family to play cricket and the dogs to run around. Abersoch and Aberdaron both had flat sands, so can only imagine they are perfect when it comes to a warm summers day!
Everything was great. Thank you Best of Wales and home owner!
|Stephanie from Shropshire, Feb 2017
|Amazing, fantastic. Lovely beach around, amazing place, very quiet, was perfect.|
|Dariusz from Clevedon, Nov 2016
|A very comfortable house for our party of 9 + dog. It is very well equipped with stylish decor, large bbq and a fire pit in garden, surounded by countryside but not isolated, could go on for ever, great time had by all.
Recommendations: Car needed. Aberdaron well worth a visit, Morfa Nefyn very shelted, nice pub with food.
|Linda from Powys, Oct 2016
Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and Melin Llyn offers an ideal base to explore its network of footpaths and coastal walks around 84 miles of stunning coastline. The Llyn Peninsula, where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish, is renowned for its beautiful beaches and watersport whilst the majestic mountains of Snowdonia are also within a short travelling distance.
Boat trips are available from Porth Meudwy (5 miles) to Bardsey Island - once a site of religious pilgrimage, now a National Nature Reserve. There are numerous activities in the area including fishing, horse-riding, golf and Glasfryn Parc where you can enjoy go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc. Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and tea room with sea views is well worth a visit, whilst Ffestiniog Railway, castles and the Italian village of Portmeirion are all nearby.
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3.7 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 4.8 miles
- Towyn, Tudweiliog - a lovely, hidden beach that can be accessed via the coastal path. 5.8 miles
- View 10 of the most popular beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The nearest joining point is 2.2 miles from the cottage at Llanfaelrhys.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 14 miles from cottage.
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 10 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 10.5 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 10 miles
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 10.5 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 11 miles
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre, Pwllheli. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 5.8 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 10 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 12.6 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.
Check-in from: 16:00 / Check-out by: 10:00
TestimonialsStunning place. Luxury home-from-home. Perfect location for an escape from day-to-day life with the family. Even though it was a typical winter weekend - weather-wise - the beaches were perfect for the family to play cricket and the dogs to run around. Abersoch and Aberdaron both had flat sands, so can only imagine they are perfect when it comes to a warm summers day!
Everything was great. Thank you Best of Wales and home owner!Stephanie from Shropshire, Feb 2017Amazing, fantastic. Lovely beach around, amazing place, very quiet, was perfect.Dariusz from Clevedon, Nov 2016A very comfortable house for our party of 9 + dog. It is very well equipped with stylish decor, large bbq and a fire pit in garden, surounded by countryside but not isolated, could go on for ever, great time had by all.
Recommendations: Car needed. Aberdaron well worth a visit, Morfa Nefyn very shelted, nice pub with food.Linda from Powys, Oct 2016