Large Self Catering with Swimming Pool in North Wales | Bodrydd
GBP 100 discount for holidays taken between 07 Apr 2017 and 25 May 2017 minimum of 7 nights maximum of 14 nights
Introductory Offer on Brand New Holiday Let with Swimming Pool
Large Self Catering with Swimming Pool in North WalesSpacious, 5 star self catering with swimming pool facilities in an amazing location on the Llyn Peninsula. Overlooking beautiful gardens and 6 acres of fishing lakes, Bodrydd is a comfortable, modern and welcoming country farmhouse. Enjoy the beautiful kitchen, sumptuous lounge with a 52 inch TV and baby grand piano, an orangery with amazing views, 6 large bedrooms and underfloor heating throughout. This is the place for unforgettable reunions and family get-togethers.
Brand New Addition to the Website
The large kitchen/dining area in Bodrydd is a place where everyone will want to gather for scintillating social meals and snacks. With its warm country feel, beautiful gas/electric range and modern integrated microwave/oven/grill, dishwasher and small coffee maker, extensively equipped kitchen and handy granite top island unit you could cater for large groups with ease. The solid oak table seats 12 with two additional classic country farmhouse chairs for any overflow. Utility room next to the kitchen includes a washing machine, tumble dryer and a large freezer.
Whilst engaged in cooking you could tune into your favourite TV show or radio station with the on wall mounted television. Or watch the sun rise/set over the lakes through the patio doors, opening out to the spacious terrace and well-kept garden.
The sumptuous lounge has big squashy softs to snuggle up on in front of a gas wood burner effect fire set in a deep inglenook, with exposed oak beam and stonework. Be entertained with 52-inch plasma Sky TV supporting a Blue Ray and theatre system or while away the hours reading or playing the baby grand piano in the Library area.
Leading out of the lounge by the way of 3 sets of patio door is the bright and airy orangery. Light tile flooring and bright coloured sofas, soft furnishing giving a different ambience with the availability to dine under the stars on days when the weather isn’t quite so kind. Access to the patio and garden is available through 3 more sets of patio doors.
Annex - Stunning views engulf you from every angle in a spacious games room, with modern beamed ceiling and soft wooden floors. The games room includes a pool table and a dart board - a great way to keep everyone entertained in the evenings.
The ensuite master bedroom, on the ground floor, is huge with a king size bed, walk in wardrobes and patio doors which lead out onto the patio/decking and to the enclosed heated swimming pool area. Ensuite includes a deep Jacuzzi tub as well as a large walk in shower, heated towel rail, wash basin and toilet.
The Annex also includes two spacious ground floor bedrooms - one with twin beds and the second which includes a king size bed that looks out on to the garden and over the lakes through the patio doors.
Ground floor wet-room with a bath, wash basin and toilet. There is also a separate ground floor toilet with handbasin and underfloor heating.
Ascending from a very spacious hallway lit by a magnificent crystal chandelier, the oak stair case leads up to the three other generously sized well equipped bedrooms. Take your pick between:
Bedroom 4 - comfortable ensuite family room furnished with 1 king size and 1 single bed. Large ensuite with a bath and overhead shower as well as a wash basin, toilet and novelty mirror.
Bedroom 5 - spacious ensuite double room with a king sized bed for a couple or someone who likes a lot of room to themselves. Another large ensuite with a bath and overhead shower, wash basin and toilet and novelty mirror.
Bedroom 6 - large bedroom furnished with *3 single beds (or *1 super-king and 1 single on request). *Please state your preferance at the time of booking
All rooms overlook the garden and lakes and each room is kitted with TV/DVD and has access to WiFi.
You’ll not want for outside space with a lawn (perfect for family games) with views down to the 6 acres of fishing lakes, a patio with large table and chairs on the decking area is excellent for al fresco dinning, barbequing and lazing away sunny afternoons.
Pool - Enclosed heated small leisure swimming pool with remote controlled current machine. Please note: the pool is surrounded by fencing with a lockable gate. There are stone steps leading down to the pool so adult supervision is highly recommended.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar and milk. It also includes local eggs, Welsh cakes, Welsh butter and jam, shortbread biscuits and a few bottles of beer and soft drinks.
- Central heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 6 hairdryers provided (one in every bedroom)
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request (please bring your own linen for the cot)
- Wifi available
- Dogs friendly - Up to 3 mature and well behaved dogs will be welcomed at Bodrydd - in the provided kennels only. Secure heated kennel space with specified dog shower area attached is available for visitors, £30 per week or short breaks.
- No smoking inside the house please
- There is plenty of parking at Bodrydd, enough for at least six cars.
- Please note that a pre-authorised bond of £300.00 is required (pre-auth on payment card prior to arrival)
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and scourer.
- Bathroom: soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
|Be the first to leave a review|
With plenty of space outside and in, you will certainly be tempted to spend all your time on site - sipping wine on the patio, relaxing by the swimming pool, walking the grounds, fishing down by the lakes, or enjoying al fresco dinning, barbequing and lazing away those sunny afternoons. However, the Llyn Peninsula is a beautiful part of Wales and there is so much to do and see.
Less than 3 miles away is the picturesque seaside village of Aberdaron with a range of amenities including cafes, 2 pub restaurants a thatched roof bakery and a convenience store. If you wish to eat out, both these pub restaurants (Ty Newydd and Ship) in Aberdaron, as well as the Ship in Edern (9 miles) are highly recommended. For a good local pub, the Lion in Tudweiliog (5.8 miles) is also very popular.
Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and Bodrydd offers an ideal base to explore its network of footpaths and coastal walks around 84 miles of stunning coastline. The Llyn Peninsula, where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish, is renowned for its beautiful beaches and watersport whilst the majestic mountains of Snowdonia are also within a short travelling distance.
Boat trips are available from Porth Meudwy (5 miles) to Bardsey Island - once a site of religious pilgrimage, now a National Nature Reserve. There are numerous activities in the area including fishing, horse-riding, golf and Glasfryn Parc where you can enjoy go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc. Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and tea room with sea views is well worth a visit, whilst Ffestiniog Railway, castles and the Italian village of Portmeirion are all nearby.
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 4.5 miles
- Towyn, Tudweiliog - a lovely, hidden beach that can be accessed via the coastal path. 5.8 miles
- View 10 of the most popular beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The nearest joining point is 2.4 miles from the cottage at Llanfaelrhys.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 14 miles from cottage.
- Two large and safe fishing lakes in beautiful surroundings at the far end of your huge landscaped garden. Well stocked with carp and tench.
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 11 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 10.5 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 10 miles
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 11.5 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 11.5 miles
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre, Pwllheli. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 5.8 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 11 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 13 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Beautiful country lanes from the doorstep
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
Check-in from: 15:00 / Check-out by: 10:00
Book or get prices
- Sleeps up to 14
- 6 bedrooms: 3 king, 1 king & single, 1 twin, 1 with three single beds (or 1 super-king & single)
TestimonialsBe the first to leave a review