Set in luxuriant gardens on a wooded hillside overlooking the Dyfi Valley, this welcoming cottage is just 1 mile to Machynlleth, the Ancient Capital of Wales and 8 miles to Aberdyfi. Stabal Pant y Lludw is pet-friendly, eco-friendly and offers disabled access holidays in a peaceful, secluded and truly picturesque setting. Ideal if you wish to relax, paint, read or write and also an excellent base for an activity holiday with Snowdonia's attractions and beauty right on your doorstep.
Kitchen and dining room with pantry - Dramatic high ceilinged room with windows on both sides and French windows on to the east patio. Original purlins and oak truss, antique barn door converted into table for 8, gas stove, fridge/freezer, microwave oven, washing/drying machine, as well as a slate floor with underfloor heating. View over woodland with a very popular bird feeder on the hedge in close range (bird seed provided). The adjoining pantry is unheated and perfect for food storage etc also includes a freezer.
Sitting room - Light airy sitting room looking over the garden to the south and opening on to the west patio through French windows. Welcoming woodburner as well as underfloor heating, TV and DVD player, radio and CD, guidebooks, novels, games and a toy box. The west patio has sitting area for afternoon sun, with slate table, herb patch and garden views.
Porch and Lobby - For guests requiring disabled access holidays, the main entrance offers level access (900mm wide front door). The porch also gives good shelter with glass roof and white rafters making it light. Useful wooden rack for hanging coats and bags as well as a firewood store. Leads into the lobby with more hanging space: good for drying clothes and equipment.
Hall - Spacious hall with view out on to east patio, tough slate floor, original wooden chest and underfloor heating. Wooden stairs to first floor.
Downstairs bedroom - Wheelchair access, cosy bedroom with underfloor heating that can be arranged as a superking or twin room (please request your preference at the time of booking). Low clothes rail, organic cotton and non-allergenic bedding, window and door on to east patio. All rooms painted in organic low solvent paint.
Shower/wet room - Fully tiled wheel-in shower, next to hand basin and toilet, all with grab rails for use if needed. Wall mirror, shaver light, white and terracotta/grey colour scheme. Outside window and underfloor heating.
Granary bedroom - First twin bedded room with view on to the garden and exposed beam ceiling. Organic cotton and non-allergenic bedding, bedside tables, chest of drawers, hanging rail and radiator. Wooden floor with one step in.
Gallery bedroom - Second twin bedded room with original “gallery” window looking down into the kitchen – a great lookout place for children – and a Victorian gothic style window. Organic cotton and non-allergenic bedding, bedside tables, chest of drawers, hanging rail and radiator. Wooden floor.
Toilet and washroom - Toilet with handbasin and mirror, in warm room heated by towel rail and hot water tank.
Play areas are all round the cottage, a garden table and chairs and a barbecue set are provided. Children’s croquet set available on request.
Guests also have access to a footpath through the wonderful garden. The footpath goes up to Llyn Ruck lake at the top of the hill where the views of the Dyfi estuary and the sea are spectacular. The garden is a mixture of woodland and shrubs with a sloping lawn opposite the cottage. In spring and early summer there is a stunning display of rhododendrons and azaleas, and at all times there is a wide variety of wildlife.
- Welcome Pack including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar and welsh milk, fairtrade biscuits and bara brith.
- Bed linen provided
- Hand and bath towels provided on request - *please note at the time of booking if required*.
- Heating and electricity included
- Logs provided for the woodburner
- Cot provided on request
- Wifi available
- Up to 4 pets welcome (no puppies)
- No smoking inside the cottage please
- Parking spaces outside the cottage
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid, hand soap, new dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film, tea towels, laundry liquid, rubbish bags, food compost bin and bags, matches, night lights.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: environmentally friendly cleaning materials for all areas – multipurpose, toilet cleaner, cream cleaner, white vinegar, floor soap.
- Disabled access holidays - Mobile hoist, ramp for toilet and bed/chair raisers available on request and at no extra charge.
- Eco-friendly building and contents
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 4 Single beds
- 2 Zip&link beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Accepts 4 pets
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Saturday changeover
- 9 Miles from a beach
- 1 Mile from a pub
- 1 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Disabled Friendly
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- No highchair available
- Travel cot available
What an amazing place: great location, extremely tranquil and peaceful, just want we needed . The cottage is wonderful with everything you need for a fantastic & relaxing time. So much thought has gone into providing everything. We had loads of information from Nicola before we arrived, and lots of books in the cottage with interesting facts about the local area. We had a wonderful walk to Llyn Ruck – fantastic views! Bird watching from the kitchen is lovely, what a great sight when having breakfast. Thank you so much for creating this wonderful place. Three nights was not enough and we’ll book again for longer.Comments from visitors 29 Dec – 1 Jan 2018 - 1st January 2018
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
The cottage is set in luxuriant gardens on a wooded hillside in the Dyfi Valley, near Machynlleth, and in the internationally recognised Dyfi Biosphere. Pet-friendly and offering disabled access holidays, it enjoys a peaceful, secluded and picturesque setting, only 1 mile from Machynlleth market town, the Ancient Capital of Wales. The area is also a gateway to Snowdonia National Park and all its spectacular scenery.
The nearest shops are also 1 mile away in Machynlleth and include 3 supermarkets (small to medium size), newsagent, bakery, butcher and cafes, pubs and restaurants. Amongst the numerous recommended places to eat are Wynnstay Hotel, White Lion and Bistro Number 21 in Machynlleth, Glan yr Afon in Pennal (2 miles) and Proper Gander in Tywyn (10 miles). Glan yr Afon in Pennal and White Lion in Machynlleth are also ideal for a relaxing drink, including local ales.
Some of the main attractions in the area include the Centre for Alternative Technology (3 miles) with displays and activities on renewable energy and sustainable living, as well as Talyllyn Steam Railway with Thomas the tank engine in Tywyn. The sandy beaches at Aberdyfi (9 miles) and Ynys Las (13 miles) at opposite ends of the estuary, Aberdyfi links golf course and the Spa at Plas Talgarth in Pennal are also popular attractions, not to forget MOMA Wales at Machynlleth, a multi-arts complex featuring exhibitions, concerts and an annual festival each August featuring musicians from all over the world.
Other popular days out include Corris Craft Centre, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Mines, just a few miles north. To the south, you have the RSPB Reserve and Dyfi Osprey Project at Ynyshir. A few miles further and you will get to the coastal university town of Aberystwyth, home to the largest arts centre in Wales, a steam railway, cinema, the National Library of Wales and a wide range of amenities and shops. With such a central location, a holiday in Machynlleth means that the whole of Wales is within travelling distance and the number of recommended days out are endless.
- All Wales Coast Path - this world famous path will provide you with amazing views on your way to Aberdyfi and the North Wales coast. 1 mile from the cottage
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. 1 mile.
- Roman Steps leading to Bryn Glas and Llyn Glanmerin (lake) - circular route that starts from the Plas in Machynlleth. 1 mile
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path in town, opposite the Parliament House - 1.2 mile.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Abergynolwyn (11 miles), Dolgellau (15 miles) and Minffordd (17 miles).
- Lon Las Cymru (the cycle route that connects North and South Wales) can be accessed within 1 mile
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 1 mile
- The Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (15 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. 0.3 mile
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 1.5 mile
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 9 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 15 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 9 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 13 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 9 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 20 miles