Stay in style on Llyn Peninsula - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Llain Iago offers a beautifully designed retreat where you can simply relax, or make the most of the inspiring surroundings, including a hidden sandy beach less than a mile from the doorstep. You can also access the Wales Coast Path nearby to discover many more golden beaches such as Porthoer (Whistling Sands) and Aberdaron (3.5 miles) - a picturesque village on the tip of the peninsula with lovely cafes, pub restaurants and much more.
One of three stunning 5 star cottages on site (all private from each other) which also makes it ideal for extended family of friends should you wish to invite them along.
Large and welcoming living space with underfloor heating, consisting of a:
Lounge area - sumptuous corner sofa and chair in front of a large TV. Patio doors and windows with countryside views in both directions.
Kitchen / dining area - fully equipped, stylish kitchen and dining table with a high ceiling creating a great sense of space. Kitchen includes an island with breakfast bar, fan oven and hob, fridge freezer, washer / dryer and dishwasher. Table with seating for up to 6 guests.
Bedroom 1 - large bedroom, beautifully furnished and featuring a king sized bed and wall mounted TV. Ensuite entrance to bathroom.
Bathroom - curved bath and shower above, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Upstairs retreat - a flight of stairs leads from the main living space to a relaxing gallery room that overlooks the kitchen area. Another inspiring setting with sea views.
Bedroom 2 - the gallery room leads to a second spacious ensuite bedroom with a king sized bed and wall mounted TV. Countryside and sea views.
Ensuite - includes a large walk-in shower, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Enclosed patio and lawn with garden furniture with countryside and sea views. BBQ set available on request.
- Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, sugar, milk and cake.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- Wifi available
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate provided on request
- 2 hairdryers
- 1 pet welcome free of charge - please notify us when booking.
- No smoking indoors please
- Off road parking space for up to 3 cars.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 1 Sofa bed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Accepts 1 pet
- WiFi internet
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 0.9 Mile from a beach
- 3.5 Miles from a pub
- 3.5 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Enjoy your own private corner at Llain Iago - one of three semi-detached cottages within a beautifully converted barn complex on the Llyn Peninsula. Surrounded by stunning countryside and sea views, within a mile of a hidden beach and just 3.5 miles to Aberdaron on the western tip of the peninsula. The three cottages enjoy privacy from each other - perfect if you want your own retreat and also ideal if you wish to invite family members of friends to join you at the other two cottages. With its own enclosed patio and lawn, this is a true haven to relax and to be inspired.
In addition to the hidden, sandy beach at Porth Iago, you will also benefit from access to the Wales Coast Path within a mile. Follow this path for just over a mile to the west and you will discover The National Trust beach of Porthoer (Whistling Sands - where the sand does actually whistle when the conditions are right) with its beach-side cafe.
The picturesque seaside village of Aberdaron offers a range of amenities, including two pub/restaurants (Ty Newydd and The Ship) with excellent food, a thatched roof bakery with a tea room, lovely cafes, Spar and National Trust shop. It is also worth exploring the rest of the peninsula to discover more of the hidden treasures, little cafes and pretty villages that are dotted around. This includes Morfa Nefyn (10 miles) and Abersoch (11 miles), a slightly bigger coastal resort with a wide range of amenities including restaurants and shops. Pwllheli (15 miles), the unofficial 'capital' of the Llyn Peninsula offers a good range of local amenities including a variety of independent shops, cafes and restaurants, supermarket, banks and 2 markets - one on Wednesdays and the other on Sundays (May to September).
Some of the main attractions include the sacred island of Ynys Enlli (Bardesy Island) - once a site of religious pilgrimage, now a National Nature Reserve. Boat trips are available from Porth Meudwy (5 miles) to Bardsey Island. Slightly further than Porth Meudwy, on the most westerly point of the Peninsula is Uwchmynydd - a historic headland offering a spectacular viewing point towards Barsey Island and the coast. As these examples suggest, the Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and Llain Iago offers an ideal base to explore this special part of Wales.
The Llyn Peninsula, where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish, is renowned for its beautiful beaches and watersport whilst the majestic mountains of Snowdonia are also within a short travelling distance. There are numerous activities in the area including fishing, horse-riding, golf and Glasfryn Parc where you can enjoy go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc. Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and tea room with sea views is well worth a visit, whilst both the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highlands Railways also offer great days out. Not to mention Cricieth and Caernarfon castles, the Italian village of Portmeirion, a walk or train ride up Snowdon and much more.
- Porth Iago - a lovely, hidden sandy cove within walking distance. 0.7 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 1.5 miles
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3.5 miles
- View 10 of the most popular beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The path can be joined from the doorstep.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 15.5 miles from cottage.
- Lovely and peaceful coastal lanes from the doorstep - perfect for cycling.
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre, Pwllheli. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 7 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 11 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 13.7 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 11 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 11.5 miles
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 11 miles
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 11 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 12.5 miles
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.