Attractions & Experiences Back to Holiday Extras
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
Terms and conditions
- The Original Cottage Company Ltd (TOCC) acts as an agent in relation to the provision of ‘Holiday Extra’ products and services from third party suppliers.
- The contract of sale for this ‘Holiday Extra’ product/service is between you and the third party supplier, Corris Mine Explorers, and their terms and conditions apply.
- Cancellation of ‘Holiday Extra’ products/services will be covered by the terms and conditions of the third party supplier. TOCC’s holiday cancellation scheme does not cover the cost of ‘Holiday Extra’ products/services.
- TOCC is not responsible for any acts or failure to act of third party suppliers, nor for any loss, damage or injury in relation to the products/services that they provide.
- TOCC ‘Holiday Extras’ products/services are subject to availability.
- Information about TOCC ‘Holiday Extra’ products/services is, to the best of our knowledge and belief, accurate at the time of publication on our website.
- Your contact and holiday details will be passed to the third party supplier so that they can provide the requested product/service.
First excavated in 1836, the Braich Goch Slate Mine in Mid-Wales closed around 40 years ago. Take a trip into the mines with Corris Mine Explorers and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
At the peak of the mine being worked in 1878, 250 men were mining for slate in the dark and damp underground tunnels. Spookily, as you explore, it feels like the miners have just downed tools and finished work for the day. Come across tools, machinery and personal artefacts that have not been touched in decades, and in some cases, over a century!
All explorations of the mines are guided by professionals with full health and safety equipment provided depending on how far into the mine you would like to venture. The guides will also amend your visit to ensure it is suitable for your friends and family. Due to this, pre-booking is essential.
Prices for a Taster Trip:
Adult: £12.50 (£11.25 after our discount)
Child (aged 8-15 incl.): £8.50 (£7.65 after our discount)
Prices for Mine Explorer Trip 2 hours - ages 10+
£27 per person (£24.30 after our discount)
Prices for Half Day Mine Expedition - ages 13+
£52 per person (£46.80 after our discount)
Just add to your booking to submit a no-obligation enquiry.
Corris Mine Explorers will contact you directly with further information. If you decide to go ahead, they will agree the details of your booking and organise payment.
Holiday Extra provided by
Corris Mine Explorers