This comfortable one bedroom holiday cottage in Mid Wales is located in the heart of the Dyfi Valley, central to the market towns of Machynlleth, the Ancient Capital of Wales (9 miles) and Dolgellau (13 miles). Recently refurbished, this cottage offers a lovely base for a relaxing break in beautiful countryside. Wonderful cottage garden with many pollinating friendly borders, beehives and fruit and vegetable beds. Just 2.5 miles from Snowdonia National Park with lovely walks, a variety of attractions and some fine country pubs and restaurants nearby.
A large, open-plan living room which comprises of a lounge, kitchen and dining area. The bright, well-equipped kitchen includes an oven, microwave and washing machine. A breakfast bar with high-backed chairs looks through to the grounds of Dolcorsllwyn Hall to the Dyfi River beyond. For your convenience, there are electric sockets with USB ports for your Ipads, phones etc.
The lounge has two comfy two seater settees, electric fire stove, TV with full Sky Package, and a DVD player. Extensive collection of DVDs for guests to borrow and a range of books and games are provided.
The spacious bedroom can be made up as super-king or twin and looks onto the pretty cottage garden with views up the valley.
Adjacent to the bedroom is a large shower room with a generous walk in shower and heated towel rail.
Guests are free to make use of the garden where there are a number of seating areas some of which overlook the river. Access to the river, where, if you are lucky you can spot dippers, kingfishers and maybe an otter. Fruit and vegetables also grow in the garden and guests are welcome to use some of these.
- Heating and electricity included
- All towels, cotton bed-linen and tea towels provided
- Your welcome pack includes tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, eggs from our friendly hens, homemade jam and cake
- Free wi-fi. (Please note that this is not high speed internet and it is dependent on the service provided by BT)
- Large barn on site where bicycles, fishing gear and outdoor activity equipment can be stored safely
- There is a strict no-smoking policy and no pets
- There is a hairdryer, iron, ironing board and clothes-airer
- Kitchen roll, cling film and foil provided
- Transport and luggage transfer can be arranged.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 2 Zip&link beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Saturday changeover
- 15 Miles from a beach
- 1 Mile from a pub
- 9 Miles from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No freezer
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Very peaceful. Good location for lots of outdoor activities. Mr Jeremy Godden - 5th June 2018
Friendly, comfortable, arranged and decorated with great care and taste.Owen from Derbyshire - 3rd September 2017
The hosts were very welcoming. The cottage was beautifully appointed and had everything we needed.
Recommends: The Centre for Alternative Technology.Kaye from London - 11th June 2017
Peaceful, pleasant, charming and relaxing.
Recommends: Local pubs, walking in the mountains, a visit to Castell y Bere.Couple from Waverton - 3rd May 2017
Stunning cottage. Great hosts. Gorgeous country side. Very relaxing. Lots to do in the area.
Teip: Plenty of walks in the area. Possibility to hire bikes if you wanted to cycle but didn't manage to bring your bike.Sandro from Cambridge - 6th August 2016
The house and garden nestling between the hills was delightful. The owners were great and felt more like personal friends. We plan to return.
Recommedations: Aberdyfi and "Y Bwtri Blasus" for lunch. Machynlleth and "Siop Alys" for lunch.Dewi from Cardiff - 25th June 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
This holiday cottage in Mid Wales is located down a farm track, surrounded by lush fields a garden and the River Dyfi. 2 miles from Cemaes village (traditional pub / restaurant) and 3 miles to Mallwyd (pub / restaurant and garage). Centrally located between the market towns of Machynlleth (9 miles) and Dolgellau (13 miles) it offers a great base to explore central Wales, southern Snowdonia and Cardigan Bay.
Enjoy numerous walks in the Dyfi Valley and beyond, a steam train ride, a round of golf and world class mountain biking routes, including the Coed y Brenin Centre near Dolgellau.
Near the golden sandy beaches of Aberdyfi and Ynys Las, the glorious sights of the Snowdonia Mountains as well as many local attractions such as Centre for Alternative Technology, Historical Castles, Ynys Hir Nature Reserve, King Arthur’s Labyrinth and Corris Craft Centre.
- Glyndwr's Way is a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Maps and guides can be obtained at the Tourist Information Centre in Machynlleth. 3 miles from the cottage.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Maps and guides can be obtained at the Tourist Information Centre in Machynlleth. Join path 1 mile from cottage.
- The Mawddach Trail - Suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 14 miles
- Precipice Walk – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages. 14 miles from cottage
- Cadair Idris (Snowdonia mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Dolgellau (14 miles), Minffordd (14 miles) and Abergynolwyn (20 miles).
- Dyfi Mountain Biking / Mach ClimaX – All routes start from Machynlleth. 9 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – As above
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 20 miles
- Lake Vyrnwy – 12 mile circuit around the scenic Lake Vyrnwy. Suitable for the whole family. 21 miles.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 20 miles.
- Clywedog Sailing Club - 6 mile lake, open to all types of non powered watercraft from canoes and sailboards to dinghies, cruisers and keelboats. 19 miles.
- Lake Vyrnwy – Canoeing, kayaking, sailing and windsurfing - suitable for the whole family. 21 miles.
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. Licence can be purchased at the local post office in Cemaes Road, 3 miles away.