Spacious holiday home with hot tub facilities, set in 7 acres of private, beautiful landscaped gardens and woodland. Secluded and peaceful yet in a highly convenient, easy to access location near the market town of Machynlleth in Mid Wales. Dating back to 16th century, this characterful house offers comfort and style, has two welcoming woodburners and many unique features. The perfect place to unwind. Half a mile to a lovely village pub / restaurant and close to Snowdonia, sandy beaches and numerous attractions.
Spacious hallway with slate tiled floor features a bench seat, space to hang coats and shelves for hats and other storage.
Kitchen / Dining room - Spacious, split level 30 foot long kitchen / dining room with tiled floor. The kitchen features an induction hob, eye level twin fan oven and microwave, large fridge freezer, dishwasher, tumble dryer and breakfast bar. Large area of worktop, fully equipped with kettle, toaster etc. High quality stainless steel pots and pans and kitchen knife set.
Within the dining area there is a Welsh dresser and a large fireplace with woodburning stove. The dining table situated in the bay window is able to seat 10 persons and overlooks the grounds to the front of the property. 3 easy chairs gives space to relax to the Bose sound system/radio with Bluetooth. There is also a writing desk with various informative books and tourist information leaflets
Bedroom 1 - Kingsize bed (or two single beds on request), with a wardrobe, large mirror, bedside tables, hairdryer and 2 easy chairs, overlooking the front garden.
Utility room in adjacent outside building (very close to the front door). This includes a washing machine and tumble drier, clothes hanger, space for storage of bikes or other sports equipment
Upstairs - First Floor
Living room - Spacious and comfortable sitting room with sofas and armchairs. Woodburning stove, overlooking the grounds to both the front and rear of the property. 50 inch smart TV with freesat and DVD player, XBox 360 Kinect with games, various DVD’s, books and board games.
Bedroom 2 - Beautiful master bedroom with a super king sized bed and roll top bath in bay window overlooking the front garden and woodland. Modesty shutters to enable bathing with a view of the stars through the window. Bedside cabinets, wardrobe, chest of drawers, easy chairs, hairdryer and a sink included.
Bedroom 3 - Single bedroom with a standard double bed overlooking the front garden. Shelving and hanging space, dressing table with mirror and chair.
Bathroom - Large bath with rainwater shower above, sink and toilet
Separate toilet and hand wash basin.
Upstairs - Second Floor
Bedroom 4 - Reached by a characterful staircase with exposed original beams. Contains 1 king sized and one single bed (or 3 single beds on request), TV with DVD player, comfortable chairs and table, valet hanging space, chest of drawers and bedside tables. Window seat overlooking the grounds to the front of the property and Velux windows overlooking the rear
Front and rear patio areas with hot tub and BBQ on the private rear patio for the exclusive use of Llety Morben guests. With low light pollution, this holiday home with hot tub facilities also offers the perfect setting for star gazing on clear nights.
Extensive, spectacular and secluded grounds extending over 7 acres. This includes a large lawn area with children’s play equipment (slide, swing, trampoline, castle), patios and many paths leading though mature garden, past ponds (please take care with young children), several acres of natural bluebell woodland, wildflower meadow, large herbaceous border, fruit trees and bee hives. Lots of birdlife, including wood peckers, buzzards and red kites frequently visible. Good views of the surrounding hills and Dyfi Estuary.
- Welcome homemade cake is provided on arrival with complimentary tea and coffee, sugar and milk, salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Central heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 2 hairdryers provided
- Bath robes supplied for hot tub use
- Starter supply of logs provided for each fire. Additional seasoned hardwood logs available on site @ £10 per bag
- Wifi available
- Travel cot and high chair provided. Please bring your own linen for the cot.
- No pets or smoking
- Plenty of parking spaces
- Co-op is your local supermarket which caters for all your grocery needs (can deliver)
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Other items provided include...
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 2 Single beds
- 2 Zip&link beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Friday changeover
- 10 Miles from a beach
- 0.5 Mile from a pub
- 2.5 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
We've all had an absolutely lovely time here at LLety Morben. The grandchildren loved playing in the garden, and we all had a moment to relax in the Hot Tub. We enjoyed Aberdyfi, Talyllyn Lake, The Tal y llyn Railway, and the Dyfi Osprey Project. Thanks for providing the best possible facility - Its been Fab.Karen, Darell, Layla, Rich , Isac, Joe, Sophie , Sasha, Adi, Hugo and Imogen. - 31st August 2018
How couldn't we enjoy ourselves in such a lovely home! We all enjoyed the hot tub, Toasting marshmallows and the bath in . the bedroom. The house enabled us to celebrate a family birthday in warm comfortable surroundings - in a very beautiful part of Wales Vanessa, Jeffrey, Arron Rachel, steven & Maddison - 5th February 2018
Thanks for a fab stay - Highlight has to be toasting marshmallows on the Fire and a mid night Jacuzzi swim. Would love to return one day.Mr & Mrs Evans - 27th December 2017
We have had a wonderful time in a wonderful house. The beds were extremely comfortable and everyone had a great nights sleep. Llety Morben is in lovely, Peaceful location and the children enjoyed playing in the hot tub. Thank you very much for letting us stay in the beautiful LLety Morben. - PS - Lovely Welsh cakes !Jo, Chris, Tia, Phil, Marie, Harvery, Clair, Ben and Milly - 14th December 2017
Thank you for a wonderful weekend. You've provided everything we could possibly need. We all loved the Hot tub even in the pouring rain. Its a home away from home, we were all able to relax. The house is set in such beautiful surroundings. Highly recommend Zip world for the longest fastest zipwire. We may well Return.Steph, Chris, Jen, Alex, Evelyn And Errin - 23rd October 2017
Beautiful cottage in stunning surroundings. Very clean and cosy and everyone loved the hot tub!Friends from Aberdare - 4th July 2017
Thank you for your lovely house, the rooms were very comfortable. We had a lovely time in the hot tub. We’ve spent a lovely week, driving around the area, walking in the woods, enjoying the view. Thank you again and hope we see you again!Teofil Andreica - Watford - 4th January 2017
Thank you for a lovely stay, the rooms were lovely and beds comfortable. We enjoyed using the hot tub and felt very relaxed during our stay. It was also nice to find lots of homely items around the place such as books, DVD’s and the X-box which was a hit with the kids!Claire, Carlo, Rocco & Lola Esposito, Bristol - 27th December 2016
Thank you again!
Dave and Chris – Thanks for a great ChristmasDan, Tash, Ebony & Marley Valentine - Oswestry, Shropshire - 26th December 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Set in private, extensive landscaped gardens and surrounded by farmland, Llety Morben offers a convenient, easy to access location near Machynlleth in Mid Wales. Shared only with the owners who live next door, it provides the perfect setting for anyone wishing to switch off and enjoy complete relaxation in peaceful surroundings. It also offers the benefit of being very central and within a short distance of many amenities and attractions, including the Osprey Centre and Machynlleth, the Ancient Capital of Wales which hosts the oldest street market in Britain every Wednesday.
Your holiday home with hot tub facilities is also within half a mile of the Black Lion in Derwenlas - a lovely village pub that serves great food. An additional 2 miles (along the walking / cycling route if you wish) brings you to Machynlleth itself. Here you will find an abundance of quirky shops, restaurants, cafés and takeaways along with a range of amenities such a supermarket, garages, banks etc. Machynlleth is also home to MOMA Wales (a showcase of modern Welsh art) and provides the southern gateway to Snowdonia National Park.
Amongst the other recommended restaurants in the area are the Pizzeria, Wynnstay Arms and Bistro Number 21 in Machynlleth and Glan yr Afon and Y Garth in Pennal (7 miles). It is also worth mentioning Sea Breeze restaurant in Aberdyfi (13 miles) and for some fine dining, the Michelin star restaurant at Ynyshir. Llety Morben is also close to the university town of Aberystwyth and is an ideal location to explore the coast and amazing beaches along Cardigan Bay. Some of the other main attractions nearby include Ynys Hir RSBP Reserve (recently televised ‘Springwatch’ location), the Centre for Alternative Technology and King Arthur’s Labyrinth (an underground adventure).
Tal-y-llyn steam railway also offers a good day out and for something totally different; why not venture to Blaenau Ffestiniog for some zip wire and Bounce Below adventure. Other recommendations include a walk up Cadair Idris, visiting the Mawdwch estuary, the National Library of Wales, camera obscura and sea front at Aberystwyth and the World Heritage Site of Harlech Castle. To experience a festival atmoshphere in Machynlleth, book your holiday to coincide with the Comedy Festival in May, El Sueno Music Festival in August or the Machynlleth Lantern Procession at the end of October.
- The Wales Coast Path can be accessed 0.5 miles from your house
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path within 2.5 miles.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path in Machynlleth, 2.5 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (11 miles), Abergynolwyn (14.5 miles) and Dolgellau (18 miles).
- Cycle route to Machynlleth can be accessed very nearby. 0.5 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – 4 circular routes that can be joined in Machynlleth. 2.5 miles.
- Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (18 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 25 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. Permit required. 100 meters
- Sea fishing at Aberdyfi (13 miles) and Aberystwyth (15 miles)
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 3 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 11 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 13 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 9.5 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 13 miles
- Ynyslas (9.5 miles) for wind and kite surfing and Borth (11 miles) for surfing.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 13 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 16 miles