Special Offers: 10% Low Occupancy Discount (1-7 guests) Off Peak
Perfect for family get-togethers, this elegant Georgian listed property overlooks the River Dyfi and a beautiful valley in Mid Wales. Highly convenient location, within a mile of Machynlleth market town - the Ancient Captial of Wales and just 9 miles along a scenic route to the river's estuary and beautiful sandy beach at Aberdyfi. Detached and spacious with two large living rooms, a woodburner, games room and amazing views, as well as access to the Wales Coastal Path and river fishing.
Brand New Addition to the Website
A spacious front hall welcomes you to this Machynlleth self catering accommodation, leading to the main stairs and to two living rooms, one at either side.
Lounge 1 offers a spacious, relaxing room with a welcoming woodburner, comfortable leather sofas and scenic French doors leading to the front garden.
Lounge 2 is a Georgian style sitting room with TV, antique furniture, inviting sofas around a coal effect electric fire and window seating to enjoy the view over the river.
The large kitchen diner is well-equipped and includes a Range cooker, built in microwave, fridge and dishwasher. Large dining table with seating for all guests.
The adjoining utility hall includes a large fridge-freezer, a washing machine and tumble dryer, an area for coats and boots and also a ground floor WC.
Upstairs - First Floor
Media and Games Room - This is an ideal retreat for children with a large TV and DVD player, small pool table, games and a library. Accessed either via a long landing from the first floor bedrooms or via a second staircase from the kitchen, it also offers a comfortable sofa and chairs with foot-rests to relax and enjoy the entertainment / views.
Bedroom 1 - Ensuite double aspect room with a king size bed and views over the patio, garden and valley. Ensuite includes a bath, separate shower and WC.
Bedroom 2 - Twin bedroom with views over the valley.
Bedroom 3 - Spacious twin bedroom with TV and the same great view as bedroom 2.
Stylish shower room with a large walk in shower, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Upstairs - Second Floor
You will be welcomed by a 'landing library' - a comfortable area to sit and read a range of books whilst also enjoying a magnificent view from a window that overlooks the valley. At either side you will find two more spacious bedrooms...
Bedroom 4 - Large ensuite bedroom with a super-king bed and a substantial ensuite with a bath and separate shower and a double sink.
Bedroom 5 - The largest bedroom of all includes a king size 4 poster bed along with a second king size sleigh bed and an ensuite shower room. Ideal as a family bedroom.
Enjoy the sense of space and some amazing views from the grounds that surround this elegant Machynlleth self catering house. A large, paved patio area with river views provides the perfect setting for alfresco dining and includes a charcoal BBQ set.
Lawned area with a bench to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings, including a view up the river to Dyfi Bridge. For guests who have some energy to burn, a wooden gate leads uphill from the grounds to join the coastal path that links Machynlleth, Pennal and Aberdyfi.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea, coffee, sugar, milk, eggs and a cake.
- Bed linen, towels and 5 hairdryers provided.
- Heating and electricity included.
- First basket load of logs provided for the woodburner. Additional logs can be purchased within a mile at Garage.
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- High chair, travel cot and stair gate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Baby bath and changing mat also available.
- Wi-fi available.
- Iron & ironing board available.
- Binoculars provided
- The following items are also provided at the cottage for your stay…
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti-bacterial spray etc.
- Asda delivers to the cottage and there's also plenty of shops in the nearby town of Machynlleth, including an award-winning butcher, if you wish to shop locally
- No smoking inside and no pets.
- Fishing on River Dyfi available to rod licence holders (permits can also be purchased within a mile at Machynlleth).
- Lockable bike storage space on site
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 King size/super king beds
- 4 Single beds
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 9 Miles from a beach
- 1 Mile from a pub
- 1 Mile from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- Games room
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
Absolutely fantastic house. We chose the property as a base for the comedy festival as we wanted to be comfortable. Our group consisted of 8 adults. We were amazed at the level and quality of the furnishings and facilities. The owners couldn't do enough to help with our stay. It's a superb location with stunning views. A real gem. Will definitely be returning. Richard from Llanelli - 9th May 2018
Excellent property of the highest standard, fabulous for a large gathering. A little piece of heaven on earthHannah from Warwickshire - 17th January 2018
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Large and detached Machynlleth self catering accommodation in an elevated position overlooking the River Dyfi and across the valley to Machynlleth and the hills. Less than a mile to town, you can enjoy its rural, scenic setting whilst being within walking distance or a very short taxi ride to the restaurants, cafes and pubs. The historic market town of Machynlleth offers a full range of amenities including two small supermarkets and is home to the Museum of Modern Art, Owain Glyndŵr's Old Parliament House and the oldest street market in Britain every Wednesday.
Some of the recommended restaurants nearby include Number Twenty One Bistro and Wynnstay in Machynlleth, Glanyrafon in Pennal and Black Lion in Derwenlas (both 3 miles) whilst Llew Gwyn (White Lion) is a lovely pub within a mile of your house. Some of the main attractions from your Machynlleth self catering home include the sandy beaches at Aberdyfi (9 miles) and Ynys Las (13 miles) at opposite ends of the estuary, Aberdyfi links golf course, Spa at Plas Talgarth in Pennal and Talyllyn Steam Railway. The area also enjoys UNESCO status as the 'Dyfi Biosphere' and provides the southern gateway to Snowdonia National Park.
Other popular days out include the Centre for Alternative Technology, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Mines, just a few miles north. To the south, you have the RSPB Reserve and Dyfi Osprey Project at Ynyshir. A few miles further and you will get to the coastal university town of Aberystwyth, home to the largest arts centre in Wales, a steam railway, cinema, the National Library of Wales and a wide range of amenities and shops. With such a central location, a holiday in Machynlleth means that the whole of Wales is within travelling distance and the number of recommended days out are endless.
- All Wales Coast Path - accessed via a wooden gate from the grounds of your holiday home, this world famous path will provide you with amazing views on your way to Aberdyfi and the North Wales coast.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path on the doorstep, via tha wooden gate from the grounds.
- Roman Steps leading to Bryn Glas and Llyn Glanmerin (lake) - circular route that starts from the Plas in Machynlleth. 1 mile
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path in town, opposite the Parliament House - 1.2 mile.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Abergynolwyn (11 miles), Dolgellau (15 miles) and Minffordd (17 miles).
- Lon Las Cymru (the cycle route that connects North and South Wales) goes past your Machynlleth self catering accommodation. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 0.7 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (15 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. 0.1 mile
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 1.5 mile
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 9 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 15 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 9 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 13 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 9 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 20 miles