Newly developed barn conversion offering a stylish mix of traditional and contemporary. Enjoy the tranquil, scenic setting with the added bonus of having the market town of Machynlleth and all its amenities just over 3 miles away. A great, central base to explore Mid Wales, southern Snowdonia and Cardigan Bay. Picturesque walks, narrow gauge railways and numerous other attractions nearby.
A spacious open plan living area with a vaulted ceiling above the kitchen and oak trusses providing a lovely feature. Light and airy, with a beautiful combination of traditional and modern. Two steps lead to a glass door and a small, raised patio with countryside views.
Fully equipped, contemporary kitchen with electric hob and oven, microwave and dishwasher and a fridge freezer with cold drink dispenser.
Stylish lounge area with oak floor, two sofas and a chair in front of a large, flat screen, wall mounted TV.
Bathroom - Spacious ground floor bathroom with WC, wash basin, shaving point, heated towel rail, bath and separate shower.
Utility - Includes a washing machine and separate tumble dryer, ironing board and iron and useful storage units.
Bedroom 1 - Large single bedroom with a full size single bed, spacious wardrobe and dressing table set.
Bedroom 2 - King size bed, wardrobe and hanging rail, dressing table set and comfy chair. Flatscreen TV. This room is located at one end of the cottage and accessed via its own staircase.
Bedroom 3 - King size bed, wardrobe, dressing table set and comfy chair. Light and airy. This room is located at the other end of the cottage, above the single room.
Landing area - Landing area connecting bedroom 3 to the upstairs bathroom. Includes a reading / relaxing area with 2 comfy chairs, small table and hanging rail.
Bathroom - Spacious bathroom with WC, wash basin, radiator with towel rail above, shaving point, bath and shower above.
Large private outdoor area to front of property with countryside views across the valley. 2 bistro style tables with 8 chairs for alfresco dining on patio.
Large open garage and lockable storage shed for your use.
- Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, sugar, milk and a cake
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 2 hairdryers provided
- Heating and electricity included
- Wifi available
- Travel cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring you own cot linen.
- Iron and Ironing board.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage please
- Ample private parking outside property
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, dish-washing brush and scourer, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, anti-bacterial cleaner.
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 1 Single bed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Saturday changeover
- 13 Miles from a beach
- 3 Miles from a pub
- 3 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Enjoy a relaxing holiday at this newly converted, semi-detached barn near the historic market town of Machynlleth. Set in the beautiful Dyfi Valley, guests of the cottage will benefit from an extensive outdoor area to the front with unobstructed views of rolling hills.
Only 3.5 miles to the nearest shops, cafes and restaurants in Machynlleth, as well as all other amenities. Here you will also find the old Welsh Parliament, dating back to 1404 and the oldest street market in Britain (every Wednesday). Some of the best restaurants in town include Bistro Number Twenty One and The Wynnstay, whilst the White Lion is recommended for a range of Welsh ales. 3 miles in the other direction brings you to another lovely country pub called the Dovey Valley Hotel in Cemmaes Road.
Ty'n Fron offers a great base for your holiday in Mid Wales and is also a gateway to southern Snowdonia and Cardigan Bay. Amongst the main attractions nearby are the Centre for Alternative Technology, the Museum of Modern Wales (MOMA) in Machynlleth and the Dyfi Osprey Project.
There are beautiful, sandy beaches within half an hour, including Aberdyfi beach, Ynys Las and Barmouth. Talyllyn narrow gauge railway offers a great day out, as does Ynys Hir Nature Reserve, the range of historical castles, and Corris Craft Centre, to name just a few.
- Glyndwr's Way is a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path in Penegoes, 1.5 miles.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join path 1.5 miles from cottage.
- Cadair Idris (Snowdonia mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (12 miles), Abergynolwyn (16.5 miles) and Dolgellau (20 miles).
- The Mawddach Trail - Suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 20 miles
- Precipice Walk – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages. 20 miles from cottage
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 3.5 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – As mentioned above
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 27 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 13.5 miles
- Clywedog Sailing Club - 6 mile lake, open to all types of non powered watercraft from canoes and sailboards to dinghies, cruisers and keelboats. 19 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. The river flows a few fields away and licence can be purchased at the local post office, 3 miles.