If you’re looking for stunning and secluded holiday accommodation in North Wales countryside, Hafan Hiraethog cottage is the place for you. Its rural setting offers a blissful retreat with ever-changing views and no light pollution. Located within its own enclosed garden and surrounded by agricultural land, it enjoys great views in all directions.
Only 6 miles to the historic town of Denbigh and to Llyn Brenig Lake and Visitor Centre which offers cycling, fly fishing and walking. Set in unspoilt countryside with a wealth of cultural and leisure activities on the doorstep and just 12 miles from the coast, the cottage offers an ideal holiday destination.
This 5 star holiday accommodation in North Wales offers a contemporary oak conservatory with large windows enjoying fantastic views of the Clwydian Mountains and countryside. Cane furniture and stunning exposed stone walls.
Kitchen/diner – Open plan extremely well equipped contemporary kitchen/diner with beams and French doors allowing access to the garden. Attractive breakfast bar and stools and seating for six in total comfort. Dishwasher, fridge-freezer and washing machine included. The three windows and French doors make this room extremely light and airy. All blinds, curtains and light fittings coordinate perfectly. The room has a flat screen television with DVD player and a selection of DVDs for guests.
Lounge – Comfortable sitting area with feature large stone fireplace and multi-fuel stove. Comfortable sofas ensure that this is a perfect room for relaxing with a glass of wine in front of a cosy fire.
Bedroom 1 – Double bedroom with metal traditional effect bed and coordinating furniture and fabrics. The room is full of character and style.
Shower/utility room with sink, washing machine and laundry facilities, toilet and shower/wet room.
Feature stained glass window on stairs overlooking garden
Bedroom 2 – Double bedroom which is modern and stylish with white furniture and coordinating bedding and curtains.
Bedroom 3 – Twin room, again with coordinating fittings and furnishings
Bathroom – Attractive tiled bathroom with shower over centre of bath, toilet, washbasin and heated towel rail.
Large enclosed garden with patio furniture, BBQ and Gazebo. Garden comprises of lawn, landscaped area, hard-standing patio and play area with indoor and outdoor toys.
- Welcome pack includes bottle of wine and cakes or chocolates, tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
- Heating and electricity included and one bag of logs provided free of charge. Coal charged at £8.00 per bag, extra logs £3 per bag.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Travel cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own cot bedding.
- Parking for unlimited number of cars
- Ground floor double bedroom and wet room may be suitable for less mobile guests
- All furniture and soft furnishings have been carefully selected to offer a luxurious feel throughout the property
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- This stunning holiday accommodation in North Wales enjoys views that are forever changing with the seasons and no light pollution – perfect for star-gazing.
- No wi-fi so an ideal location to escape from day to day life
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- Saturday changeover
- 17 Miles from a beach
- 6 Miles from a pub
- 3 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- No stairgate available
- Travel cot available
|Date Range||7 night price *||3 night price *|
|28 Oct 17 - 23 Dec 17||£470||£353|
|23 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£930||£698|
|6 Jan 18 - 10 Feb 18||£470||£353|
|10 Feb 18 - 24 Feb 18||£543||£407|
|24 Feb 18 - 24 Mar 18||£470||£353|
|24 Mar 18 - 14 Apr 18||£752||£564|
|14 Apr 18 - 26 May 18||£564||£423|
|26 May 18 - 2 Jun 18||£930||£698|
|2 Jun 18 - 21 Jul 18||£564||£423|
|21 Jul 18 - 1 Sep 18||£930||£698|
|1 Sep 18 - 22 Sep 18||£564||£423|
|22 Sep 18 - 20 Oct 18||£470||£353|
|20 Oct 18 - 3 Nov 18||£564||£423|
|3 Nov 18 - 22 Dec 18||£470||£353|
|22 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£930||£698|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
A great location with nothing but sheep as company!
Absolutely quiet and a great place to relax. A Great walks within several miles (around lakes, through fields, etc.).Arjan from the Netherlands - 10th August 2017
It was a good base for the whole family, including grandparents. House was well kitted out. Our day at Anglesey was the best. We visited the light house then went on to the beach for the afternoon. We have certainly found a lovely place on the beach for our next holiday to Wales. Beautiful! You were excellent and email replies were prompt and would recommend you for a stress free holiday booking experience.Angela from Edinburgh - 16th July 2016
Tranquil setting the perfect place for a relaxing family holiday. There are many attractions nearby, Mount Snowdon, steam railway, National Trust properties, Swallow Falls, Liandudno, Denbigh castle and many more.Zena and family - 3rd June 2015
The area was very scenic and tranquil with stunning views from the cottage Fantastic Family Christmas in an exceptional traditional welsh cottage. The cottage has been renovated to a very high standard with everything you need to make your stay comfortable. Sylwen and Bryn do everything to make it a memorable stay lovely bottle of wine, Christmas biscuits and the Christmas decorations made it feel like Christmas at home! Boxing day was a real treat with the snow lovely log fire to keep us warm too. Diolch yn fawr !Lesley - 31st December 2014
A wonderfully tranquil location with truly stunning views.
The cottage is a beautifully equipped and coordinated throughout, which only added to the serenity of the entire vacation. The property owner couldn't do enough for us on arrival. A 5* holiday cottage and highly recommended. Grill on the Square in Ruthin Serves Fantastic Meals In a vibrant atmosphere.First rate.Mr and Mrs Face - 10th September 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This stylish and tasteful holiday accommodation in North Wales enjoys complete privacy in rural isolation on a working farm. Set within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the cottage is set in stunning countryside overlooking the Clwydian Mountains. 6 miles from the busy historic market / castle town of Denbigh and the scenic lake of Llyn Brenig with all its leisure amenities.
The village of Llansannan (3 miles) has a village shop and more extensive shopping is available in Denbigh which has a Morrison’s and an Aldi. For eating establishments the Brookenhouse Mill and Con Amici in Denbigh can be recommended and the Guildhall Tavern also in the town is recommended as a good pub. The Radhuni Asian Restaurant (5 miles) and the Kinmel Arms in Llandyrnog should also be mentioned. For lovers of history and culture, Denbigh has a castle and a library.
For outdoor enthusiasts the attractions of Llyn Brenig, the fourth largest lake in Wales, must not be missed. Cycle hire, walking and fly fishing are available and there is also a modern visitor centre which is open from 8-4 pm daily (apart from Christmas Day) and includes a waterside restaurant selling home cooked food.
Other days out from your 5 star holiday accommodation in North Wales include Loggerheads Country Park, the popular village of Betws y Coed (the official ‘Gateway to Snowdonia’) and Tree Top Adventure. There is also a great go-karting course at Cerrigydrudion and an Open Door Adventures Centre and scientifically important caves at Bont-Newydd.
- Designated lakeside walking routes are signposted from the Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre. 6 miles
- Alwen Trail - Way marked, 7.5 mile circular route around the Alwen Reservoir. Start the trail from the Alwen Dam near Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre. 6 miles
- Hiraethog Way links the villages of Pentrefoelas, Cerrigydrudion, Llanfihangel Glyn Myfr and Llanrhaeadr via public footpaths, quiet lanes and country roads. Starts at Pentrefoelas, 11 miles.
- Bike hire available at Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre.
- Around the Lake Trail - 9.5 mile route, suitable for beginners and families. Start from the main car park at the Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre. 6 miles
- Alwen Trail – easy to follow, 7.5 mile circular route around the Alwen Reservoir. Forest tracks and paths from Alwen Dam along the water’s edge and up to the moorland of Mynydd Hiraethog. 6 miles
- 30 mile circular cycle ride from Llyn Brenig. Challenging ride through varied terrain with spectacular views. 6 miles
- Betws y Coed provides a variety of trails including the renowned Marin Trail (16 miles) and the Penmachno (18.5 miles) Red Routes. Bike hire is also provided. 18 miles
- Llyn Brenig offers the highest sailing club in Wales. 6 miles.
- Kitesurfing School at Kinmel Bay, 16 miles.
Fly fishing available from Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre. 6 miles.
Denbigh Golf Club. 18 hole golf course. 6 miles
Riding available for all ages and abilities at Dolgoed Riding School in the Cathedral town of St Asaph. 11 miles
- The tourist coastal town of Rhyl has a large, blue flag sandy beach with a range of amenities. 17 miles
- Llandudno Beaches - Wales’s largest beach resort has two beaches with one boasting the Blue Flag award. Wide range of seasonal entertainment and leisure facilities. 26 miles
- Most beaches along the North Wales coast have won Seaside Awards for cleanliness and water quality.