- £612 per week
- £87 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Games room
- Private parking
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
This lovely holiday cottage near Llangollen is brilliantly located overlooking the beautiful Ceiriog Valley, described by Lloyd George ‘as a little bit of heaven on earth’. Enjoy having access to table tennis, table football and magnetic darts on site, follow the footpaths from the doorstep or take the short journey to the picturesque town of Llangollen with water sports on the River Dee, a wide range of outdoor pursuits, a steam train, canal and range of individual shops and cafes.
Kitchen / dining / sitting room: Enter through double glazed doors to a stylish fully fitted kitchen including an integrated oven, hobs and fridge. Here you can also enjoy views to the west and east from a bespoke window seat. There is a cosy wood burning stove with a glass door so you can lie back on the sofa and watch the fire after a lovely meal.
The sitting area has a small library and board games for the children/adults (toys and extra age specific books can be borrowed on request). There is a television with dvd player and a broadband connection. The walls are decorated with a selection of local and Welsh artists’ work which creates a pleasant and interesting environment.
A light, large entrance and utility which is ideal to store boots and coats after outdoor activities. Also includes a separate sink and an integrated washing machine. You can step out directly onto a private terrace with an outside sink and picnic table with views down the spectacular valley.
A warm, light shower room with a heated towel rail. East facing window with magnificent views down the Ceiriog Valley.
Bedroom 1 - beautifully light, double room with fantastic views to the East and West and a garden to the north. Comfy divan bed with a traditional Welsh tapestry and bedside lights. 2 chest of drawers, mirror and storage for hanging clothes and racking for bags.
Bedroom 2 - cosy, light room with views to the east, west and south down the valley. Two comfy twin beds with traditional Welsh tapestries and bedside lights. Large chest of drawers and mirror.
Private terrace to the east with a picnic table to enjoy the morning sun and views down the valley. Garden furniture including 2 recliners and a BBQ set (please bring your own charcoal).
On the west side of the cottage there is a terraced area with a table and chairs to enjoy the afternoon / evening sun with spectacular views.
Also on site (and shared with one other cottage for 6 on site) is an indoor games room with table tennis, table football, magnetic darts and child size pool table. On a separate field, next to the games room is a football goal and fire pit (wood supplied). Please note that the property is on the site of an old hill farm. We do sometimes get snow and ice in the winter and in extreme conditions this can mean leaving the car in the village and an adventurous walk up the hill (about 15 mins) to get to the property.
- Welcome pack of coffee, tea, milk and sugar and fresh free range eggs, courtesy of the owners' hens
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels included
- Electricity and heating included
- Starter pile of logs for free. Additional logs can be purchased from the owners @ £5 a bag.
- A store room adjoins the cottage and this includes a standard freezer with 3 drawers.
- Travel cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Hairdryer provided.
- WiFi available at the property but please note that this is 'rural broadband' and is it at times slow or intermittent.
- Outside sink which is ideal for muddy boots and washing down bikes.
- There is an under-stairs broom cupboard with iron, ironing board, drying rack and storage
- No smoking inside the cottage
- No Pets allowed.
- Parking available on gravel drive.
- Elevated position with great views, accessed by a country lane. During the winter months we recommend taking holiday insurance in case of snow. Insurance details can be requested when placing the booking.
- Late departure - customers can stay until midday on Sundays only for an additional fee of £25
- Additional items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and scourers, tea towel and oven gloves.
- Bathroom: complimentary local handmade goats milk soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet
- General cleaning products: bleach, bathroom cleaner, kitchen cleaner, clothes horse, hoover and brushes
- Fresh organic vegetables available to buy as part of the village's organic community garden scheme. The range is a seasonal variation of veg and salad, priced 15.00 per box for 2 people. Delivery can be organised or you can go on a lovely walk and visit the garden to collect it.
- It is also possible to arrange a supermarket delivery to the cottage.