Located in one of only five Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the whole of Wales, this spacious, detached Mold accommodation enjoys a beautiful, peaceful setting. Its location in the rural hamlet of Pen y Felin, near the picturesque village of Nannerch provides the ultimate 5 star retreat. Relax, unwind and enjoy a well-earned break with a welcoming woodburner, great views, excellent facilities throughout and the added bonus of being just a stone’s throw from Offa’s Dyke Path.
Spacious open plan kitchen / dining room. The large modern kitchen features a limestone tiled floor, original beams and a range cooker with electric oven and gas hob. Comfortable dining for eight hungry guests. (Also includes dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer). The dining area has lime-stone flooring with dining table and Welsh Dresser, TV/DVD with free-view
Lounge - The beautiful living room features stone window frames and a wood-burning stove and is the perfect place to relax at the end of a long day. Freeview TV, DVD & music player and games console provided. A selection of books, games DVDs & CDs are also available.
Utility Room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner etc
Bedroom 1 - Downstairs bedroom with Super-king bed (can be twin on request). Drawers, wardrobe, luggage rack, dressing table and mirror. Adjoining en-suite bathroom with walk in shower, wc and basin.
Bedroom 2 – Super-king bed (can be twin on request). Drawer units, wardrobe, dressing table and mirror luggage rack.
Family bathroom with a large walk-in shower, bath, WC and basin bathroom cabinet.
Bedroom 3 - Double bedroom, drawer units, dressing table, mirror and bedside lamp.
Bedroom 4 – Super-king bed, wardrobe, drawer units, luggage rack, dressing table and mirrors.
This self catering Mold accommodation has a large lawn and patio with table and chairs. BBQ facilities and access to three acres of land.
- Please specify at the time of booking if you would like the beds to be prepared as super-king or twin in bedroom 1 & 2
- Heating and electricity included. Starter pack for log burner also included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Hairdryers provided (one in each bedroom)
- Wifi provided.
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request
- No pets or smoking
- Plenty of private off road parking space outside this self catering Mold cottage.
- Kitchen essentials provided - such as tea, coffee, sugar, small bottle of milk, tea towels, washing up liquid and a few dishwasher tablets.
- Please note: no groups under the age of 25
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 1 Double bed
- 4 Zip&link beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 14.5 Miles from a beach
- 4.5 Miles from a pub
- 4.5 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
A beautiful home from home. Everything has been thought of. Martin is the perfect host, nothing is too much trouble. Myself and my family travelled from Western Australia to spend a holiday with family in North Wales. Ysgubor y Cwm was the ideal holiday home in ideal surroundings. Easy access to beautiful Wales. Best of Wales was friendly and efficient.Gaynor from Atwell, Western Australia - 12th December 2018
Ideal location, superb accommodation. Thanks for being a fabulous host.Tiff from Netley - 27th October 2018
Lovely property, well equipped with very welcoming and friendly owner - nothing was too much trouble.Mrs L Hammond - 14th April 2018
Beautiful, well equipped cottage in a lovely peaceful setting. Offas Dyke footpath has some outstanding walking with magnificent views.Ron form Suffolk - 3rd May 2017
We had an amazing stay, everything was a perfect 10, stunning barn, with stunning views, owners caring and attentive, a place not to be missed.
Recommends: Explore countryside near the barn, lovely area.Gail from Stone, Staffordshire - 17th October 2016
An amazing property: beautiful views, well furbished, friendly owners.
We had a wonderful time and stayed around the property all weekend where the children playedStephen and Family - 8th September 2015
Fantastic, perfect to get away from it all.
The cottage is extremely nice, spacious and the surroundings are beautiful. All boxes ticked and we would love to returnLynsey from Stockport - 23rd April 2015
Tastefully decorated and modern twist to a traditional barn conversion
Great as a base to explore the areaClive from Manchester - 28th February 2015
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Detached, 5 star cottage situated on the eastern flank of the Clwydian Range of hills, just a stone’s throw from the Offa’s Dyke Path. This self catering Mold accommodation offers magnificent walking and mountain biking opportunities. Surrounded by tranquil countryside and with beautiful views towards Moel Arthur, it offers an ideal base to explore North Wales’ coast and countryside.
The nearest convenience store can be found in Caerwys (4.5 miles), whilst Mold (7 miles) and Denbigh (9.5 miles) offer a wide range of amenities, including supermarkets. Amongst the best places to eat in the area, you have Cross Foxes, 1 mile away in Nannerch Village, The Piccadilly in Caerwys (4.5 miles) and The Crown in Pantymawn (7 miles). Cross Foxes is a lovely village pub and the two pubs in Caerwys are also recommended.
Just 7 miles from your self catering Mold offers a regular market, a selection of shops, good pubs and of course, Theatre Clwyd, the National Theatre for Wales. The North Wales coast is also well worth a visit with endless miles of golden sands. Attractions along the coast include the Welsh Mountain Zoo in Colwyn Bay and Llandudno with its spectacular Victorian Pier, boat trips, Ski & Snowboard Centre, toboggans etc. A little further west is the historic, walled town of Conwy with its magnificent Castle - one of the few extra-special places in the British Isles to be awarded World Heritage Site status.
For children and teenagers, there are numerous days out, places to go and things to do even if it’s raining, all within a short distance of your Mold accommodation. These include the Deeside Ice Rink, Rhyl Miniature Railway, GTX Go-carting, Teqniquest, tenpin bowling, quad bikes, paint ball, softplay and much more. Chester Zoo is also within a short drive.
- Offa’s Dyke – National Trail (177 miles in total) following the Welsh/English border. Join the path 0.2 miles from your Mold accommodation.
- All Wales Coast Path – Nearest joining point at Greenfield, 7 miles.
- Greenfield Valley Walk –A Medieval abbey, 19th century mills and a Victorian farm are some of the locations worth visiting on this 2.5 mile walk. Fairly easy, flat walk with good surfaces. 7 miles
- Loggerheads Country Park – Moel Famau, Cilcain – 554 meter high mountain walk. Popular destination for family walks, situated in a country park near Loggerheads. 10 miles
- 15 mile cyclig route from Nanerch to Shotton (mixture of country lanes and main roads). From the doorstep
- Llangwyfan Down Hill course for experience bikers. 3 miles
- Mountain Bike Trails at Llandegla Forest – for all abilities. 19 miles
- *Bike storage can be provided at the cottage, by arrangement, at no extra charge.
- Linden Farm Riding & Trekking Centre - Hourly, half or full day rides over moorlands, bridle ways and scenic Clwydian hills. Suitable for all levels. 3 miles
- Sychdyn Riding Centre – offering group lessons, private lessons and pony parties (for children birthdays etc). 9.4 miles
- Caerwys Golf Club. Set within the rolling Clwydian hills, this is a picturesque 9 hole woodland golf course. 3.5 mile
- Holywell Golf Club. A 18 hole moorland course, ideal for visitors of all abilities with a good mix of par threes, fours and fives to test the more experienced golfer. 4.5 miles
- There are actually 14 other golf courses to choose from within a 10 mile radius as well.
- Wal Goch Fishing, Nannerch – fishing lake in glorious North Wales countryside, currently stocked with Brown and rainbow trout. 1.5 miles
- Talacre - highly recommended beach. Nature reserve sand dunes. 14.5 miles
- Prestatyn Beach – another 4 miles of family friendly sands divided between three great beaches; Ffrith Beach, Central Beach and Barkby Beach. 14.5 miles