Spacious, 5 star self catering with swimming pool facilities in an amazing location on the Llyn Peninsula. Overlooking beautiful gardens and 6 acres of fishing lakes, Bodrydd is a comfortable, modern and welcoming country farmhouse. Enjoy the beautiful kitchen, sumptuous lounge with a 52 inch TV and baby grand piano, an orangery with amazing views, 6 large bedrooms and underfloor heating throughout. This is the place for unforgettable reunions and family get-togethers.
The large kitchen/dining area in Bodrydd is a place where everyone will want to gather for scintillating social meals and snacks. With its warm country feel, beautiful gas/electric range and modern integrated microwave/oven/grill, dishwasher and small coffee maker, extensively equipped kitchen and handy granite top island unit you could cater for large groups with ease. The solid oak table seats 12 with two additional classic country farmhouse chairs for any overflow. Utility room next to the kitchen includes a washing machine, tumble dryer and a large freezer.
Whilst engaged in cooking you could tune into your favourite TV show or radio station with the on wall mounted television. Or watch the sun rise/set over the lakes through the patio doors, opening out to the spacious terrace and well-kept garden.
The sumptuous lounge has big squashy softs to snuggle up on in front of a gas wood burner effect fire set in a deep inglenook, with exposed oak beam and stonework. Be entertained with 52-inch plasma Sky TV supporting a Blue Ray and theatre system or while away the hours reading or playing the baby grand piano in the Library area.
Leading out of the lounge by the way of 3 sets of patio door is the bright and airy orangery. Light tile flooring and bright coloured sofas, soft furnishing and extendablle table, giving a different ambience with the availability to dine under the stars on days when the weather isn’t quite so kind. Access to the patio and garden is available through 3 more sets of patio doors.
Annex - Stunning views engulf you from every angle in a spacious games room, with modern beamed ceiling and soft wooden floors. The games room includes a air hockey table and a dart board - a great way to keep everyone entertained in the evenings.
The ensuite master bedroom, on the ground floor, is huge with a king size bed, walk in wardrobes and patio doors which lead out onto the patio/decking and to the enclosed heated swimming pool area. Ensuite includes a deep Jacuzzi tub as well as a large walk in shower, heated towel rail, wash basin and toilet.
The Annex also includes two spacious ground floor bedrooms - one with twin beds and the second which includes a king size bed that looks out on to the garden and over the lakes through the patio doors.
Ground floor wet-room with a shower and separate bath, wash basin and toilet. There is also a separate ground floor toilet with handbasin and underfloor heating.
Ascending from a very spacious hallway lit by a magnificent crystal chandelier, the oak stair case leads up to the three other generously sized well equipped bedrooms. Take your pick between:
Bedroom 4 - comfortable ensuite family room furnished with 1 king size and 1 single bed. Large ensuite with a bath and overhead shower as well as a wash basin, toilet and novelty mirror.
Bedroom 5 - spacious ensuite double room with a king sized bed for a couple or someone who likes a lot of room to themselves. Another large ensuite with a bath and overhead shower, wash basin and toilet and novelty mirror.
Bedroom 6 - large bedroom furnished with *3 single beds (or *1 super-king and 1 single on request). *Please state your preferance at the time of booking
All rooms overlook the garden and lakes and each room is kitted with TV/DVD and has access to WiFi.
You’ll not want for outside space with a lawn (perfect for family games) with views down to the 6 acres of fishing lakes (which are open to the public), a patio with large table and chairs and BBQ on the decking area is excellent for al fresco dining, barbequing and lazing away sunny afternoons.
Pool - Enclosed heated small leisure swimming pool with remote controlled current machine. Please note: the pool is surrounded by fencing with a lockable gate. There are stone steps leading down to the pool so adult supervision is highly recommended. Please note that maintanence staff will be atending to the pool twice a week for a short period of time.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar and milk. It also includes local eggs, Welsh cakes, Welsh butter and jam, shortbread biscuits and a few bottles of beer and soft drinks.
- Central heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 6 hairdryers provided (one in every bedroom)
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request (please bring your own linen for the cot)
- Wifi available
- Dogs friendly - Up to 3 mature and well behaved dogs will be welcomed at Bodrydd - in the provided kennels only. Secure heated kennel space with specified dog shower area attached is available for visitors, £30 per week or short breaks.
- No smoking inside the house please
- Fishing lakes are open to paying public. Access is via a road to the side of the property.
- There is plenty of parking at Bodrydd, enough for at least six cars
- This property has a £300 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and scourer.
- Bathroom: soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
- Sleeps 14
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Accepts 3 pets
- WiFi internet
- Friday changeover
- 3 Miles from a beach
- 3 Miles from a pub
- 3 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- Games room
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
|Date Range||7 night price *||3 night price *|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£1,541||£1,280|
|22 Dec 17 - 29 Dec 17||£2,857||£2,143|
|29 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£3,004||£2,253|
|6 Jan 18 - 9 Feb 18||£1,557||£1,280|
|9 Feb 18 - 23 Feb 18||£1,907||£1,430|
|23 Feb 18 - 23 Mar 18||£1,780||£1,335|
|23 Mar 18 - 30 Mar 18||£2,288||£1,716|
|30 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£2,430||£1,823|
|13 Apr 18 - 25 May 18||£1,907||£1,430|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£2,857||£2,143|
|1 Jun 18 - 20 Jul 18||£2,116||£1,587|
|20 Jul 18 - 31 Aug 18||£3,067||£2,300|
|31 Aug 18 - 14 Sep 18||£2,116||£1,587|
|14 Sep 18 - 19 Oct 18||£1,803||£1,352|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£2,351||£1,763|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£1,557||£1,280|
|21 Dec 18 - 28 Dec 18||£3,066||£2,300|
|28 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£3,139||£2,354|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
One of the best holiday lets we have been to, something for all the ages of our family. Very helpful housekeeper(Becky) Family breakfasts at Morfa Nefyn cafe, Whistling Sands and Aberdaron beaches. Great fishing in the lakes.Ian from Lancashire - 28th August 2017
The house was beyond amazing, every comfort had been thought of.
The views were incredible, it was perfect, thank you. We also enjoyed Zipworld, it is a fantastic experience!Helen and Family - 9th August 2017
A fantastic, luxury property that is absolutely like a home not a rental. Great space for everybody and great spaces to use for all sorts of different purposes.
Recommendations: Hell's Mouth Beach - try to park on the small car park at the Aberdaron end and take the footpath down the cliff. Aberdaron. Eat out at Gwesty Ty Newydd.Family from Stoke-on-trent - 6th June 2017
We stayed at Bodrydd, a most amazing property. Equipment and fitting better than any previous holiday let we have ever stayed in. Went as a big family group with ages 7/8 years to 21/22 years and this accommodated us better than we could have ever wished for. Was three generations - ourselves, two daughters and their husbands and our four grandchildren. Was a fabulous holiday had by all.
We visited several beaches during our stay but Porthor (Whistling Sands) - only 15mins away, was our favourite also the Rabbit Farm just outside Criccieth was a favourite of the children. Market at Pwllheli is also worth a visit. Too many lovely villages and towns to mention in one.Vivien from Telford, Shropshire. - 22nd April 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Bodrydd farmhouse - a stunning self catering with swimming pool facilities - is located in a complete haven on the Llyn Peninsula. The house itself overlooks beautiful, landscaped gardens, all the way down to 6 acres of fishing lakes. You will feel the calm immediately as you arrive at this special setting - it really is a perfect place for a truly memorable family gathering.
With plenty of space outside and in, you will certainly be tempted to spend all your time on site - sipping wine on the patio, relaxing by the swimming pool, walking the grounds, fishing down by the lakes, or enjoying al fresco dinning, barbequing and lazing away those sunny afternoons. However, the Llyn Peninsula is a beautiful part of Wales and there is so much to do and see.
Less than 3 miles away is the picturesque seaside village of Aberdaron with a range of amenities including cafes, 2 pub restaurants a thatched roof bakery and a convenience store. If you wish to eat out, both these pub restaurants (Ty Newydd and Ship) in Aberdaron, as well as the Ship in Edern (9 miles) are highly recommended. For a good local pub, the Lion in Tudweiliog (5.8 miles) is also very popular.
Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and Bodrydd offers an ideal base to explore its network of footpaths and coastal walks around 84 miles of stunning coastline. The Llyn Peninsula, where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish, is renowned for its beautiful beaches and watersport whilst the majestic mountains of Snowdonia are also within a short travelling distance.
Boat trips are available from Porth Meudwy (5 miles) to Bardsey Island - once a site of religious pilgrimage, now a National Nature Reserve. There are numerous activities in the area including fishing, horse-riding, golf and Glasfryn Parc where you can enjoy go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc. Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and tea room with sea views is well worth a visit, whilst Ffestiniog Railway, castles and the Italian village of Portmeirion are all nearby.
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 4.5 miles
- Towyn, Tudweiliog - a lovely, hidden beach that can be accessed via the coastal path. 5.8 miles
- View 10 of the most popular beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The nearest joining point is 2.4 miles from the cottage at Llanfaelrhys.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 14 miles from cottage.
- Two large and safe fishing lakes in beautiful surroundings at the far end of your huge landscaped garden. Well stocked with carp and tench. Please note that the fishing lakes are also open to paying public and is accessed via a footpath to the side of the property.
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 11 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 10.5 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 10 miles
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 11.5 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 11.5 miles
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre, Pwllheli. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 5.8 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 11 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 13 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Beautiful country lanes from the doorstep
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula