From this cosy, compact holiday cottage Pwllheli Marina, beach and a range of independent shops, cafes and restaurants are all within 1 mile. Penlon cottage is also pet-friendly and the Coastal Path that can be accessed from the village is a lovely walk for you and your dog to enjoy. With plenty of attractions nearby, this is a great base to explore the Llyn Peninsula - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - as well as nearby Snowdonia, Anglesey and the beautiful North Wales coast.
Compact kitchen diner overlooking the patio. Fully fitted kitchen with fridge (and freezer compartment), microwave, hob and oven included.
Cosy lounge with sofa bed, easy chair and freeview television.
Bedroom with king size bed, small wardrobe and bed side tables with lamps.
Shower room with large shower, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Enclosed patio area with garden furniture. From the elevated corner of the patio it is also possible to catch a little glimpse of the sea that’s less than a mile from your cottage.
- Heating (electric storage heaters) and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Cot and high chair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen with you.
- Please note that you will need to notify us at the time of booking if you wish to make use of the sofa bed so that preparations can be made.
- Up to 2 pets welcome
- No smoking inside the cottage
- Off road parking for one car right next to the cottage
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- If you would like to forget about the car during your stay at Penlon holiday cottage Pwllheli can also be accessed by bus from Llwyn-hudol bus-stop, just round the corner.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- Friday changeover
- 1.3 Miles from a beach
- 1.5 Miles from a pub
- 1.5 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No freezer
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- No washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No stairgate available
- No travel cot available
|Date Range||7 night price *||3 night price *|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£266||£200|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£355||£266|
|6 Jan 18 - 9 Feb 18||£266||£200|
|9 Feb 18 - 23 Feb 18||£282||£212|
|23 Feb 18 - 23 Mar 18||£266||£200|
|23 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£308||£231|
|13 Apr 18 - 25 May 18||£277||£208|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£355||£266|
|1 Jun 18 - 20 Jul 18||£287||£215|
|20 Jul 18 - 31 Aug 18||£366||£275|
|31 Aug 18 - 19 Oct 18||£287||£215|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£308||£231|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£266||£200|
|21 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£355||£266|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
Very relaxing and enjoyable, clean and tidy.
Recommends: Abersoch, AberdaronCouple from Worcestershire - 25th June 2017
The cottage was ideally located just a few minutes drive from Pwllheli and a large Asda. Was a short drive to surrounding towns and attractions, so was an ideal base. The cottage itself was cosy and room enough for two. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
I would recommend Pontoon, a restaurant on Pwllheli marina which serves excellent Mexican food. The coastal path to Llanbedrog is a pleasant walk, approximately two hours each way, Llanbedrog beach offers stunning views of the Llyn Peninsula. Portmeirion is within half an hours drive from the cottage and I would thoroughly recommend a visit.Couple from Liverpool - 12th June 2017
Very nice, well designed cottage. Abersoch was a nice area. Also Portmeirion was lovely, must take a train ride.Couple from Swansea - 21st May 2017
Very good, lovely cottage. Would stay there again.
Tips: Visit Abersoch and enjoy the beaches in the area.Couple from Welshpool - 14th May 2017
Excellent and good value for money. Must visit Llandudno and Barmouth.Couple from Worcestershire - 9th October 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
From this cosy, semi-detached holiday cottage Pwllheli and all its amenities is just 1 mile away. Whilst enjoying a peaceful setting in a small hamlet of houses, the cottage also benefits from having Pwllheli Marina, Pwllheli beach and a number of small independent shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants on its doorstep. There is also an Asda supermarket and all the other amenities you need in this coastal town.
Considered to be the unofficial capital of the Llyn Peninsula, Pwllheli is home to an impressive Marina where many watersports events and competitions are held throughout the year. You can also join the All Wales Coastal Path nearby, in Pwllheli or from the village at Abererch. The Llyn Peninsula is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish. Penlon cottage offers an ideal base to explore the area, as well as nearby Snowdonia, Anglesey and the beautiful North Wales coast.
Amongst the popular attractions nearby is the renowned Plas Glyn y Weddw in Llanbedrog (5.5 miles), a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and a tea room with sea views. Glasfryn Parc, 3.5 miles away is another great day out, offering a wide range of activities including bowling, go-carting, archery and wakeboarding and has an extensive farm shop, café and restaurant. Cricieth castle (7.5 miles), Ffestiniog Railway in Porthmadog (12 miles), and the Italian village of Portmeirion (15 miles) are all worth visiting as well.
- Glan-y-mor, Pwllheli – enjoy a 3 mile stretch of sand all the way to Abererch beach. 1.3 miles
- South Beach, Pwllheli - mainly shingle, Blue Flag beach. Stretches from Gimblet Rock, across the promenade, and around towards Llanbedrog. 1.7 mile
- Both the beaches at Pwllheli allow dogs from October through to the end of April. The nearest dog-friendly beaches all year round are Afon-wen (4 miles) and Abersoch (8 miles).
- View other beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Pwllheli Sailing Club, Pwllheli Marina – excellent facilities and possibly the best sailing waters in the U.K. 1.2 miles
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 8 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path – 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. Join the path 0.5 miles from the cottage in Abererch.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 7.5 miles from cottage.
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula – suitable options for all ages.
- Pwllheli Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, suitable for golfers of all ages and abilities. 2.4 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre – Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 4.5 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 5 miles
- Find out more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula