Set in a wonderful, elevated position with panoramic views of Snowdonia and Cardigan Bay. With a large balcony and full-length patios, Maes Teg cottage brilliantly frames this spectacular vista from a spacious, open plan living area and two of the bedrooms (with king sized beds). Pwllheli, with its Marina, beach and a range of independent shops, cafes and restaurants is just 1 mile away.
This is a great base to explore the Wales Coast Path, the Llyn Peninsula - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a range of attractions such as Portmeirion and Criccieth Castle. Not to mention Snowdonia National Park and the Isle of Anglesey.
Open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge - As you enter the property you will be amazed at the view through the glass wall which includes large patio doors. These lead to a large balcony with glass balustrade and stunning views over Cardigan Bay towards Harlech and Snowdonia.
The large lounge area offers comfortable seating for eight in front of a multi-fuel stove and Smart TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime. If you enjoy music, there is a record player and a selection of records in the cupboard in the hallway. This cupboard also houses a selection of books, maps, guides and board games.
The kitchen is exceptionally well equipped and includes a fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher. There is also a microwave oven, kettle, toaster and coffee machine. Spacious dining area with seating for up to 8 guests.
Bedroom 1 - This ground floor room with a king sized bed also has large patio doors opening out onto the large balcony with stunning views. Furnished with 2 bedside tables with lamps, a clothes rail, chest of drawers and chair.
Bedroom 2 - At the back of the property on the ground floor there is a large double bedroom with 2 bedside tables and lamps, a clothes rail and a chest of drawers.
Shower Room - A substantial shower room with walk in shower cubicle, sink with bathroom cupboard beneath, WC and a heated towel rail.
Bedroom 3 - Stunning, large room with panoramic views towards Pwllheli in the west and Snowdonia in the east. King sized bed, 2 bedside tables with lamps, wardrobe, chest of drawers and chair.
Bedroom 4 - Cosy twin room with views over the back of the property and has 2 single beds with bedside lamps.
Bathroom - Spacious room with a shower cubicle, large bath, pedestal sink, WC and heated towel rail.
With its large balcony in an elevated position, this is the ideal setting for alfresco dining or a morning coffee on the patio, overlooking the stunning view.
There is also a sloping lawn area with the same magnificent view, which is great for children to play and explore.
- Welcome pack includes Prosecco, chocolates, crisps, tea and coffee pods for the coffee machine, sugar, milk and seasonally appropriate items. Discount code for local art prints displayed around the cottage also included.
- Heating and electricity included
- Starter pack provided for the log burner. Additional logs etc can be purchased in Pwllheli e.g. at Home Bargains.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 3 hairdryers provided
- Travel cot and high chair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen with you.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- The following items are also provided:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products, hoover, dustpan and brush, iron and ironing board.
- Private parking for up to 3 cars
- If you would like to forget about the car during your stay at Maes Teg holiday cottage Pwllheli can also be accessed by bus from Llwyn-hudol bus-stop, just round the corner.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 1 Double bed
- 2 Single beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Saturday changeover
- 1.3 Miles from a beach
- 1.5 Miles from a pub
- 1.3 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
From this beautiful, detached holiday cottage Pwllheli and all its amenities is just 1 mile away. With panoramic views towards Cardigan Bay and Snowdonia, Maes Teg enjoys a peaceful setting in a small hamlet of houses, whilst also benefiting from having Pwllheli Marina, Pwllheli beach and a number of small independent shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants on its doorstep. There is also an Asda supermarket and all the other amenities you need in this coastal town.
Considered to be the unofficial capital of the Llyn Peninsula, Pwllheli is home to an impressive Marina where many watersports events and competitions are held throughout the year. You can also join the All Wales Coastal Path nearby, in the village at Abererch, or Pwllheli. The Llyn Peninsula is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish. Discover the beautiful coastal villages such as Abersoch, Llanbedrog, Porthdinllaen and Aberdaron that are dotted around the Peninsula, along with amazing beaches and plenty of other delights. Maes Teg cottage offers an ideal base to explore the area, as well as nearby Snowdonia and the Isle of Anglesey.
Amongst the other popular attractions nearby is the renowned Plas Glyn y Weddw in Llanbedrog (5.5 miles), a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and a tea room with sea views. Glasfryn Parc, 3.5 miles away is another great day out, offering a wide range of activities including bowling, go-carting, archery and wakeboarding and has an extensive farm shop, café and restaurant. Cricieth castle (7.5 miles), Ffestiniog Railway in Porthmadog (12 miles), and the Italian village of Portmeirion (15 miles) are all worth visiting as well.
- Abererch to Glandon, Pwllheli – enjoy a 4 mile stretch of sand which incorporates Abererch and Glandon beaches. Accessed 1.3 miles away
- South Beach, Pwllheli - mainly shingle, Blue Flag beach. Stretches from Gimblet Rock, across the promenade, and around towards Llanbedrog. 1.7 mile
- View other beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Pwllheli Sailing Club, Pwllheli Marina – excellent facilities and possibly the best sailing waters in the U.K. 1.2 miles
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 8 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path – 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. Join the path 0.5 miles from the cottage in Abererch.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 7.5 miles from cottage.
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula – suitable options for all ages.
- Pwllheli Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, suitable for golfers of all ages and abilities. 2.4 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre – Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 4.5 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 5 miles
- Find out more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula