A beautiful, rustic and detached stone cottage in a tranquil setting with stunning views and close to numerous beaches. Only 1.3 miles to the picturesque coastal village of Aberdaron, this cottage features its own enclosed garden and plenty of outdoor space. Stunning clear skies for star gazing, close to a geocache spot and many footpaths, including the Wales Coast Path.
This self catering Aberdaron cottage welcomes you with a modern kitchen in a rustic environment with brick wall, original A frames and wooden floors. The kitchen includes a microwave, electric hob and gas oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washing machine. Dining area is a wooden table built into the kitchen unit with wooden top and bench seating.
Rustic yet modern living room with a log burner set within a jasper stone wall reclaimed from the land. Double aspects room with views of the sea, velux window and a feature window showing the old barn. Wooden floors, luxurious rugs and furnishings, leather sofa, Sky TV, video and music system. Wooden coffee table and another glass table with soft lighting.
Bedroom 1 - Double bedroom with a high ceiling, wooden floor, wooden bedside table and TV. Chest of drawers and wardrobe also included.
Family bathroom with velux window, wooden floor, bath with shower attachments, modern toilet and basin. Plenty of light.
Bedroom 2 - Twin room with a TV, wooden chest of drawers and wardrobe.
Wet room with a shower, toilet and basin.
Bedroom 3 - Master bedroom with a wooden double bed, chest of drawers, bedside tables and wardrobe. Also includes a red velvet chair, luxurious rug and TV.
The hallway and all of the cottage has paintings for sale from a local artist. Please note that there are 3 steps along the hallway that leads to the bedrooms and wet room.
This self catering Aberdaron cottage offers a spacious, enclosed and tranquil garden with patio area. Great views with garden furniture and barbecue.
- Welcome Pack on arrival includes wine, homemade welsh cakes or local biscuits, tea, coffee, sugar, milk and coffee for coffee machine
- Underfloor central heating and electricity included
- First batch of logs for the woodburner provided for free - additional logs can be purchased from the nearby Wynnstay store (£10 for 4 bags)
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Cot and high chair provided on request
- Up to 3 pets welcome
- No smoking inside the cottage please
- Plenty of parking spaces available
- Storage space available for bikes, outdoor clothing and equipment and also parking space for a boat if required.
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 1 toilet roll per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Double beds
- 2 Single beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Accepts 2 pets
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Friday changeover
- 1.3 Miles from a beach
- 1.3 Miles from a pub
- 1.3 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Searched for a suitable dog friendly cottage and found the ideal place in an area we wanted to visit for the first time. "Ty Cam" near Aberdaron proved an excellent choice and the website accurately described all it had to offer. We were not disappointed in anything and had a fantastic "get away from it all" break. The Llyn Peninsula is a wonderful place to explore, even during the recent storms. Peter Curtis - 23rd September 2018
Excellent, owners are a real asset as they helped us have a fabulous experience despite arriving in major snow storms and being snowed in a couple of days, very warm and friendly, excellent cottage and facilities.Mr Andy Jones - 12th March 2018
Fantastic property and lovely owner . Peace and quiet in a wonderful remote location. Mr Paul Varney - 16th November 2017
Lovely cosy cottage and felt very at home there. Would definitely recommend and would definitely go back. Thanks for all your help as always :) Mrs Christina Nadin - 26th October 2017
Lovely property in a beautiful location. Mrs Lisa Wagstaff - 17th September 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Visiting Spa Company Escape & Unwind Treatment Package
Couples, groups or individuals can book a 2, 3 or 4 hour treatment package from as little as £22 per person and enjoy some blissful indulgence and relaxation.
- £175.00 - £265.00
Detached, self catering Aberdaron cottage, set within its own enclosed garden in stunning rural surroundings with mountains and sea views. The cottage has been lovingly converted by the owner from a 200 year old barn to a modern and rustic accommodation.
Only 1.3 miles away is the beautiful seaside village of Aberdaron, the most western village on the tip of the Llyn Peninsula, where you will find a range of amenities. This includes a number of good eating establishments; The Ship and Ty Newydd (pub restaurants), 2 cafes and a thatched roof bakery with tea room, a fish and chip shop and pizza takeaway. Ty Newydd with its terrace overlooking the beach and The Ship both also offer a lovely setting for a relaxing pint of local ale or a glass of wine. For your shopping requirements, there is a Spar in the village and Asda will also deliver from Pwllheli.
There are plenty of unique experiences that can be enjoyed locally on the Llyn Peninsula, including a boat trip to Bardsey Island (Ynys Enlli in Welsh) also known as the island of 20,000 saints. Also recommended is a visit to Ty Coch, the 3rd best beach bar in the world at Porthdinllaen, via the coastal path along a sandy beach. Amongst the numerous sandy beaches within a short distance of your self catering Aberdaron cottage, one of the nearest, Whistling Sands (Porthor in Welsh) features a cafe and white sand that actually whistles beneath your feet. In the village of Aberdaron you will also find Porth y Swnt, a National Trust visitor attraction.
Other recommended days out include a visit to the coastal resort of Abersoch (10 miles), the historical Plas yn Rhiw manor house (5.5 miles) and also Pwllheli, the ‘capital’ of the Llyn Peninsula. Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish. Explore the nearest castles at Cricieth (25 miles) and Caernarfon (35 miles) and the mountains of Snowdonia or relax on the Ffestiniog Railway. For a family day out, Glasfryn Parc (21 miles) is a must with its go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc. The Italian village of Portmeirion, Greenwood Forest Park and the National Slate Museum at Llanberis are also highly recommended.
- Aberdaron Beach - glorious sandy beach backed by this idyllic seaside village. 1.3 miles
- Porthor National Trust beach (Whistling Sands). 1.4 miles
- Porth Meudwy - 2.3 miles
- Porth Iago - 3.4 miles
- Porth Ysgo - 3.8 miles
- View the Top 10 beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path – 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. Join the path at Aberdaron or at Whistling Sands.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 18 miles from cottage.
- Cycle hire available in Aberdaron and plenty of scenic country lanes to explore.
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre - Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 9 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre – Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 13 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 10 miles
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 13 miles
- Sea Fishing at Aberdaron - 1.5 miles
- Llyn Lakes - 2 beautifully landscaped lakes stocked with carp and tench. 4 miles
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula – suitable options for all ages.
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 10 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell’s Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 12.5 miles
- Find out more about Watersports on the Llyn Peninsula.