Enjoy a relaxing holiday at this modern, welcoming and homely accommodation in Snowdonia. With features including a hot tub and a welcoming woodburner, Llidiart y Llyn is located within its own grounds in a tranquil, rural setting with great views down Cwm Maethlon (Happy Valley). Beautiful area with spectacular mountains, golden beaches, numerous attractions and scenic walks from the doorstep.
Modern kitchen includes dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave, electric oven and coffee machine. Large farmhouse table overlooking the patio area and views of the stunning valley.
Living room with a woodburner, comfortable seating for 6 and beautiful views over the valley. Large flat screen with Sky TV, DVD player and a selection of DVDs.
Play room with a 2 seater sofa bed, large TV, Wii games, toys and board games. Table football and collection of books also provided.
Utility room with slate worktop area. Washing machine and Belfast sink.
Bedroom 1 – Double bed with double wardrobes and dressing table. Ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 2 – Twin bedroom with bedside table and lamp, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Bedroom 3 – King size bed with a magnificent view down the valley. Wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside tables and lamps.
Large family bathroom with bath and shower above, radiator, WC and washbasin.
Front lawn with patio and a great view down the valley. Seating includes garden bench and picnic table.
Hot tub with patio area and garden bench seating area.
Large enclosed garden to side of cottage which is suitable for dogs.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand, bath and beach towels provided.
- Hairdryer provided
- Wifi available
- Cot and high chair provided
- Up to 2 dogs welcome @ £25 each - in kitchen and utility room only.
- No smoking inside
- Plenty of parking space on the grounds
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 1 Double bed
- 2 Single beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Accepts 2 pets
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 4 Miles from a beach
- 4 Miles from a pub
- 4 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- Games room
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No travel cot available
Our holiday cottage was fantastic, everything and more that we could have needed. The owners were very friendly and lovely people. Really made for a perfect holiday for all the familyMr A Jupe - 13th August 2018
I would recommend anyone stopping here, everything was perfect.Miss Clare Hunt - 23rd July 2018
Outstanding holiday property. The true heart of the Welsh country side. Stunning views and amazing facilities. Dylan and Fiona property owners are fantastic hosts. Anyone who stays here will want to return time and time again. Mrs Germaine Collier - 13th June 2018
The cottage was absolutely outstanding - really spacious and fantastically well equipped. We were particularly impressed by how well set up it was for children. We had our 1 year old with us and there was pretty much everything he could need. Dylan and Fiona were also really welcoming hosts, a highlight of the holiday was an evening walk to see the farm animals, our little boy loved being shown the animals up close.Mrs Victoria Cutler - 28th May 2018
Beautiful home from home! Amazing views, very friendly owners! Sarah from Cornwall - 22nd November 2017
Homely and welcomingFamily from Midlands - 7th August 2017
Stayed in many over the years but this was the best.
Recommends: The lake behind the cottage is worth the climb. The beach at Aberdyfi and the Talyllyn railway.Moira from Northumberland - 21st May 2017
Relaxing, blissful and perfect. Aberdyfi is beautiful, try some honey ice cream in Tywyn and enjoy the beaches.Sarah from Wrexham - 4th April 2017
Lovely setting, warm and relaxing.
Tips: Aberdyfi to eat and Twywyn for groceriesFriends from Chester - 28th February 2017
Beautiful cottage, so relaxing. Owners so friendly! Surrounded by countryside and so peaceful! The views are amazing!
Recommends: The walk just by the cottage bearded lake. And the riverside hotel for food!
Sharna from Coventry - 14th February 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This detached self catering accommodation in Snowdonia enjoys a rural, picturesque setting with uninterrupted views down Cwm Maethlon (Happy Valley) in the southern, coastal area of the National Park. Situated on a family farm at the starting point of a beautiful walk that leads up to Llyn Barfog (Bearded Lake) where you can enjoy some amazing views over the valley and out to sea over Aberdyfi.
The historical village of Pennal (4 miles) offers a lovely restaurant / bar called Glan yr Afon, a village shop and Y Garth restaurant at Plas Talgarth's health and leisure complex. Plas Talgarth is an ideal venue to treat yourself to a massage, a range of beauty treatements or enjoy the heated indoor and outdoor pools. For a wider range of amenities, the seaside town of Tywyn (4 miles in the other direction) includes a supermarket, steam train station and good public transport links.
The coastal resort of Aberdyfi (6 miles) also offers a good range of amenities, from cafes, shops and pubs to recommended restaurants such as Sea Breeze, Pharoah’s Cellar Bistro and Penhelig Arms. Aberdyfi is located in a beautiful spot where the mountains meet the sea and its sandy beach stretches for 4 miles, all the way to Tywyn. It is also features an 18 hole golf course, beautiful walks and watersports.
Also within 8 miles is Machynlleth, the Ancient Capital of Wales where the first Welsh parliament still stands today. Machynlleth also hosts the oldest street market in Britain every Wednesday and has many other amenities including mountain bike tracks, a leisure centre and a supermarket. Recommended restaurants in Machynlleth include Bistro Twenty One and the Wynnstay.
Many other attractions are also within a short distance of your accommodation in Snowdonia, from the world famous Centre for Alternative Technology to Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur’s Labyrinth. Talyllyn steam railway offers a great day out and it also provides access to a number of scenic walks. Ynys Las RSBP Nature reserve is another popular attraction whilst the walk up Cader Idris is well worth the effort with some very rewarding views from its peaks.
- Bearded Lake Walk - This 10 mile walk will take you up into the hills behind Aberdyfi to Bearded Lake. Join walk from the doorstep.?
- Wales Coast Path – this can be joined 0.5 miles from your cottage on the 'Panorama Walk' section that leads down to Aberdyfi.
- 12 mile, spectacular circular walk that incorporates a visit to Castell y Bere (a 13th-century Welsh castle) and Craig yr Aderyn, a dramatic scenic feature and a wonderful viewpoint. 10 miles
- Cader Idris (mountain walk) – 3 main routes starting from Llanfihangel-y-Pennant (12 miles), Minffordd (14 miles) and Dolgellau (23 miles).
- The country lane from the cottage is ideal for cycling. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – A range of mountain biking tracks, all starting from Machynlleth. 8 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 30 miles
- Tywyn Beach - sandy beach along with a promenade and paddling pool. 4 miles
- Aberdyfi Beach - a long and beautiful sandy beach. 6 miles
- Other beaches along the North West Wales coast
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. 4 miles
- Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all round angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn (4 miles) and Aberdyfi (6 miles) or lake fishing at Tal-y-llyn (13 miles). Read more about fishing in Aberdyfi and surrounding area.
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 6 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 8 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 6 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 16 miles