- £519 per week
- £74 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 single beds
- 1 single Zip&Link bed (combine for king/super king)
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
This beautiful Bala self catering cottage with hot tub facilities (exclusively for you) has everything you need within a 5 minute walk. Tastefully furnished with a modern touch, this barn conversion benefits from a unique position at the edge of town. Its setting within an enclosed yard (previously a farm yard) creates a real sense of privacy - it's like enjoying the benefits of the countryside without the responsibility of having to drive everywhere. 500 meters from Bala Lake with all its watersports, and less than a 5 minute walk from all the market town’s restaurants, cafes, shops and pubs.
A great, central base to explore North Wales with picturesque walks, white water rafting and a narrow gauge railway being just some of the activities that can be enjoyed on your doorstep.
*There may be some building work taking place on the Owner's property which is situated in the courtyard, but disruption will be kept to a minimum*
This cosy Bala self catering cottage benefits from wi-fi facilities and underfloor heating throughout.
The open plan living area feels spacious with its high ceilings and exposed beams. The modern high gloss grey kitchen includes a dishwasher and washing machine, ceramic touch control hob with single oven, microwave and a large fridge freezer.
Dining table for 4 and a wall mounted flat screen TV visible from all angles of the living area. Relax on the two luxury sofas in the lounge area and enjoy the open field views through the patio doors. The living area opens up to the enclosed garden area at the rear of the cottage with hot tub facilities located immediately outside on the decking area.
Bedroom 1: Inviting king sized bed that can be changed to two single beds on request. Flat screen TV with freeview and oak bedroom furniture. Modern in style with high ceilings and exposed beams. (please request bed as king sized or twin when booking)
Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom with freeview TV, oak bedroom furniture, high ceilings and exposed timbers.
Stylish, modern bathroom with contemporary fittings, a shower over the bath and a heated towel rail.
From the living area, step out to the enclosed garden area at the rear of the cottage with hot tub facilities for your own exclusive use. Decking area with garden furniture and a lawn area with flower beds.
Charcoal barbecue set available - can be requested from the owners during your stay. £20 deposit, fully refundable if returned in same condition. Charcoal available in town.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk and Welsh cakes.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels, dressing gowns and 1 hairdryer provided
- Heating and electricity included
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Sofa bed available in the living area for an extra guest on request
- Plenty of private parking space on a flat surface outside this Bala self catering cottage
- Hot tub can be used at any time but we ask guests to keep the noise down after 10:30pm
- Family farm setting with the owners available on site to help with any queries, provide local knowledge etc if required.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- WIFI available
- Dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, tea towels, salt and pepper provided
- Please request bed type for bedroom 1 as king sized or twin during booking
Such a lovely cottage, in a great location! A short stroll into Bala town where there’s lots of places to eat and drink and some convenience stores. Property is beautiful, a lovely design and immaculate inside. Has everything you could possibly need from cooking utensils and a modern kitchen to bath towels and robes for the quaint bathroom and hot tub
The property was ideally located walking distance to all amenities and within inbtravelling distance to explore Snowdonia. A small complex standard of accomodation was exceptional. The welcome pack was a nice touch along with everything else you needed and hosts were on site should you need them.
We had a brilliant stay at this property - on arrival we found it was super clean and had everything we could possibly need (and I mean everything, supplies of dishwasher tablets, washing liquid, laundry detergent, hot tub towels, tea towels, cleaning products!) The owners were very friendly and helpful. It is in a good location with shops and restaurants within walking distance as well as the beautiful Bala Lake, but the area is also so peaceful! The hot tub was certainly a welcome addition after we walked to the summit of Snowdon! Would definitely recommend this property!
Such a lovely and comfortable holiday cottage. Really clean and well equipped. Everything was there that we needed and more. Was just so nice to come back after a busy day out and know it was a comfortable place to chill out in. Fab location too as it’s just a short walk away from the town and the lake. Also pretty central for travelling to Snowdinia. Can’t wait to stay here again.
Loved the cottage and it's situation. Met the owners who were very friendly and made us feel at home.
This beautiful Bala self catering, semi-detached cottage is brilliantly located. Whilst being within a 5 minute walk of all the town’s facilities, it also benefits from the privacy of an enclosed yard that was previously used by the owners as a farm yard. This somehow manages to create a calm countryside setting even though you are more or less in the centre of town.
The ‘homely’ Welsh market town of Bala offers a wide range of shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs. There is also a Leisure Centre (fitness room, indoor swimming pool and slide) just 500 meters away. Some of the best pubs in town include The White Lion, Y Plas Coch and Y Cwrt (all within a 5 minute walk).
Amongst the best places to eat (all within walking distance) are the White Lion Hotel, Y Plas Coch, Plas yn Dre, Bala Spice and Y Cwrt. Also worth a short drive is Yr Eagles in Llanuwchllyn (5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy Restaurant (13 miles). However, because you’re on holiday in a cottage with hot tub facilities, you might prefer to have a takeaway delivered to your door every night.
Regarded by many as the adventure capital of Wales, Bala offers world class watersports provision, from Bala Lake (500 meters away) with a range of activities such as canoeing, sailing, windsurfing and gorge walking to the National White Water Rafting Centre (4 miles). There is also a high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles), the famous Zip Wire and Bounce Below (18 miles) and numerous other attractions such as Tree Tops Adventure in Betws y Coed and Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre and Go Ape offering great days out.
If you prefer to relax on holiday, there are numerous picturesque mountain and lakeside walks nearby, not to mention the cycle route and scenic narrow gauge railway along Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake), the largest natural lake in Wales. Or what about a night out in the cinema across the road or simply relaxing at your cottage with hot tub, wine and a good book. Your Bala self catering cottage also provides a great central base to explore the whole of Snowdonia and North Wales. Llechwedd Slate Caverns (18 miles), Portmeirion (25miles) and the Welsh Highland Railway (27 miles) are just some of many highly recommended days out.
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 0.3 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 4 miles
Cycling / Mountain Biking
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 0.3 miles from your Bala self catering cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 4 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 18 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 0.3 miles
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 0.3 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 4 miles
Bala Golf Club - A 10 hole golf course with stunning views over the North Wales countryside. 1 mile
Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre. Suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 25 miles
- Barmouth Beach – long, sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 27 miles
- Black Rock Sands - 3 miles of sandy beach. 27 miles