- £997 per week
- £142 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 double beds
- 4 single beds
- 3 sofa beds
- Washing machine
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Preferred changeover day: Monday and Friday
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 09.00
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Located in the heart of Snowdonia this impressive detached stone cottage, is nestled in the stunning Nant Ffrancon Valley. From the house you are treated to dramatic views and easy access to some of the best walking and climbing locations in Snowdonia National Park making it an ideal setting for active families and groups of friends.
The clever layout, enables you to extend your group size from 8 to 12 guests when using the sofa bed in the living room and the 2 single futons in the snug. The cottage is warm and comfortable in all seasons with its effective underfloor heating and cosy log burner. The large open plan kitchen, dining area is perfect for socialising with friends and family around the oak dining table and on warm evenings you can enjoy meals with mountain views, outside on the patio.
From the door you can explore the valleys many fantastic hiking trails, with Tryfan and Cwm Idwal just a short walk from the cottage. There are plenty of options for all kinds of weather, the base of Snowdon is a 20-minute drive from the cottage and Zip world is just one mile away. The Llyn Peninsula and Anglesey's golden beaches are perfect for a day out, or step back in time with a historic visit to Caernarfon, Criccieth or Harlech Castle.
Bethesda has an excellent selection of pubs, shops and cafes and there are more amenities in Bangor, which is just 9 miles away. The options are endless for activities and sightseeing in this magnificent area, Ty Capel Saron also accepts 2 pets, so no one has to be left behind next time you chose a self-catering holiday in Snowdonia.
- Hallway: Large open hallway with Welsh slate floor.
- Snug: Welsh snug library with decorative original burner and slate markings 1860. This room doubles as an extra bedroom with 2 futon single beds.
- Living room: Cosy room with wood burning stove and seating for 10 people. Leather Chesterfields and a sofa bed. French doors leading to a slate patio and garden.
- Kitchen Diner: Bespoke, hand-crafted oak kitchen with a large electric range set in an original stone fireplace. Microwave, dishwasher fridge freezer, well stocked with crockery, glasses and utensils.
- Dining Room: Open plan with Welsh oak table and benches, seating for up to 14 guests.
- Bathroom: Shower, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with doors leading to a wooden balcony with table and chairs with gorgeous views over the mountains and valley.
- Bedroom 2: Double bed with bedside table and shelves.
- Bedroom 3: Double bed.
- Bedroom 4: Twin Beds bedside drawers and lamp.
- Bathroom: Bath, wash basin and WC.
- Traditional large Welsh slate patio extending to lawn and a mountain stream runs along the bottom of the garden into the river Ogwen. Wild flower meadow and some uneven ground and a gated track down to the stream (children need supervision in this area).
- Heating and electricity: Included, logs can be purchased in advance for the log burner.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided.
- Travel cot, high-chair and stair-gate: Available on request.
Please bring your own cot linen.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome at £15 per pet per week. Dogs can roam downstairs but we respectively insist that dogs are not allowed on the first floor which is carpeted.
- No smoking inside the property please.
- Water: Private.
- Parking: Up to 4 vehicles.