Ask anyone for their North Wales bucket list and the top entries are likely to include Zip World and Surf Snowdonia, Conwy and Llandudno, Betws y Coed and Snowdon. This beautifully converted cottage provides the ideal base to visit all these major attractions and many more. Located on a working farm in the Snowdonia village of Rowen, you can enjoy walks and cycle routes from the doorstep, a village pub within 200 yards and 5 star qualities throughout the cottage. This includes a bespoke kitchen, oak furniture throughout, smart TVs in all rooms, a woodburner and a private, enclosed garden.
Should you wish to bring the extended family or friends, there is another 5 star cottage for 2 next door with its own private garden, as well as a small campsite in a separate field, behind the farm yard.
Kitchen - Spacious, stylish and bespoke oak kitchen with fully integrated appliances including dishwasher, washing machine and electric cooker with ceramic hob. Microwave, freestanding fridge/freezer and smart TV also included.
Lounge - 3 seater and 2 seater sofas, a lovely log burner and smart TV with Netflix package. Patio doors leading to the private patio and garden.
Porch with room to hang coats and store shoes.
Bedroom 1 - Beautiful bedroom with a double bed and solid oak furniture, built in wardrobe, dressing table and smart TV.
Bedroom 2 - Another spacious bedroom with 2 single beds, solid oak furniture and smart TV.
Bathroom - Stylish bathroom with a full size 'L shaped' bath and shower above, WC, wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
Private and enclosed garden with lawn and patio areas. Garden furniture to enjoy the mountain views and a BBQ set available on request.
- Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, milk, sugar and Bara Brith
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- Logs and kindling supplied for the wood burner
- 2 hairdryers provided
- Wi-fi available
- Tumble dryer available in separate building on site - shared with cottage next door and small campsite.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage please
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- The following items are also provided:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, dishcloths and washing up brush, washing powder, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray, air freshner etc
- Parking area for 2 vehicles
- During March – October there is a small honesty shop supplying milk, yogurts, tinned food, toothbrushes etc in the camping site facility block which is also located on site and open 24 hours.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Double bed
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 6 Miles from a beach
- 0.1 Mile from a pub
- 2 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
This 5 star, semi-detached cottage is located on a working farm on the outskirts of Rowen, a beautiful Snowdonia village just 4.5 miles from Conwy and the coast. There is also a 5 star cottage for 2 next door and a small, family run campsite in a separate field should you wish to bring extended family or friends along. With a village pub 200 yards from the doorstep and 10 different walks that begin in the village, this is the perfect location to enjoy the National Park's beautiful mountain scenery, as well as the North Wales coast and all the attractions they both have to offer.
The village pub serves delicious bar meals and also offers traditional Welsh singing every Friday night. Some of the other recommended places to eat in the area includes The Groes Inn, less than 2 miles away, The Dutch Pancake House in Rowen (0.8 mile), open 10am -5pm and a great variety of cafes and restaurants in Conwy, such as Amilies Restaurant, Watson's Bistro and Edwards of Conwy deli - all within 4.5 miles. The nearest shop is Gyffin Convenience Store, 4 miles, whilst Tesco is within 6 miles at Llandudno Junction.
Many of North Wales' best attractions can also be found nearby, the nearest being Surf Snowdonia's artificial wave lagoon, less than 4 miles away. This is the world's first commercial artificial surfing lake and the perfect tool for learning to surf. The walled town of Conwy is also an attraction in itself, with its World Heritage Site status, its medieval castle, suspension bridge, the smallest house in Britain and so much more, including the 15th century Aberconwy House, one of the oldest dateable houses in Wales.
Bodnant Garderns in Eglwysbach (4 miles) is another must, as well as Llandudno (8.5 miles) with its famous Victorian pier, beach, Theatre, ski slope, cable cars and more. Not to mention Llanrwst market town (9 miles) Betws y Coed (13.5 miles) - one of the main activity hubs of Snowdonia and home to Zip World Fforest, and Zip World Velocity at Penrhyn Quarry (21 miles) - the fastest zip line in the world. Another attraction on anyone's bucket list during a visit to North Wales is a walk (or train journey) to the highest peak in Wales - Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon), 27 miles.
- 10 circular walks from the doorstep - all along quiet lanes and public footpaths, varying between 1 and 5 miles in length.
- North Wales Coast Path - from Conwy, go east towards Llandudno or west towards Penmaenmawr with spectacular sea views along the way. 4.5 miles
- Geirionydd & Crafnant Lakes (passing Fairy Falls) - Trefriw. Moderate circular walk (approx 3 hours). 6.8 miles from cottage.
- Llyn Cowlyd (Snowdonia Leisure Walk) - Trefriw. Moderate / strenuous walk (approx 3 hours). 6.8 miles from cottage.
- Carneddau (Snowdonia mountain walks) - Challenging walks, including the 2nd and 3rd highest peaks in Wales. Nearest route starts in Helyg, Capel Curig. 17.6 miles
- Circular cycle route links Rowen to Conwy and Llandudno Junction. From the doorstep.
- Conwy cycling route - mostly traffic free route (all sections = 34 miles in total). The best way to see North Wales' stunning coastline. 4.5 miles from cottage.
- Penmachno Mountain Biking - This 18 mile trail takes you through the scenic countryside of the Conwy Valleys. 17 miles
- Surf Snowdonia. 3.9 miles
- Conwy Marina - Offers sailing and power boating. 4.5 miles
- Colwyn Bay Watersports at Porth Eirias. A watersports and tuition centre which includes sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and canoeing. 11 miles
- Conwy Morfa Beach - a large sandy beach and the nearest to the cottage. 6 miles
- Llandudno Beach is a fantastic, scenic beach that offers everything from beautiful leisurely strolls along the promenade and refreshments, to entertainment and a fun filled day for all the family. 8.5 miles
- Conwy Water Gardens - Here you will find 3 coarse fishing lakes surrounded by beautiful woodland. Tackle shop, snack shop and restaurant conveniently based on site and also offers disabled access. 0.8 mile.
- Conwy Golf Club - This is the 7th Best Golf Course ranked in the top 100 best courses in the world. Complete with clubhouse and restaurant on site. 4.5 miles.
- Snowdonia Riding Stables - This riding stables is situated conveniently between Snowdon and the coast of North Wales. 17 miles