Cosy, warm and welcoming, this Tywyn accommodation is fabulous for family and friends get-togethers. Offering magnificent views over the Dysynni Valley towards the sea at Cardigan Bay, Ffermdy’r Waun is a newly renovated Welsh stone built farmhouse with retained original features. Set within the splendor of Snowdonia National Park and just 3 miles from the nearest beach, it is a truly peaceful and inspiring setting for your holiday in North Wales.
This wonderful Tywyn accommodation has underfloor heating throughout all the ground floor rooms.
A modern open plan kitchen dinner with under floor heating. The focal point of this room is the original inglenook fireplace with original bread oven and candle hole, with working wood burning stove. Comfortable sofa and a dining table with seating for up to 10 guests.
The kitchen has all the amenities; a large ladder fridge and under counter freezer, dishwasher, electric stove, induction hob and breakfast bar. The original walk in slate pantry also adjoins the kitchen with slate slabs, shelves and microwave.
Leading from the hall is the separate lounge with a large, leather corner sofa and flat screen TV. This room has a central stone fireplace and another welcoming wood burning stove.
Ffermdy’r Waun has its own, separate utility room immediately next door with shower, toilet, washing machine and tumble dryer – ideal to keep those muddy boots or bikes.
Bedroom 1 – ensuite bedroom with oak double bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Lovely view of surrounding fields. Large ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 2 – bunk bed, a large built in wardrobe and lovely views over the garden.
A family bathroom is located centrally upstairs with bath and shower.
Bedroom 3 - a main feature upstairs is the oak bridge which leads to this twin bedroom. Views over rolling farmland.
Bedroom 4 – ensuite bedroom with a double bed, original stone fireplace and views over the Dysynni Valley towards Cardigan Bay. Ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 5 – a second twin room with a large built in wardrobe. Garden views.
Large lawn with a breathtaking view towards the coast on the horizon. This Tywyn accommodation offers an amazing setting for your family get-together.
It also has its own patio area with gas barbecue set and a picnic table to sit back and take in the glorious views.
- A welcome pack awaits you on arrival, with a home-made cake, milk, fresh bread, eggs, Welsh tea and coffee. Information about the surrounding area also provided.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 2 hairdryers provided
- Heating, electricity and logs included
- Cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- No pets or smoking inside.
- Plenty of parking space available
- Wifi available
- Bike washing facility and lockable shed for secure storage
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- The owners make their own Welsh Lamb burgers which you are welcome to try.
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Double beds
- 4 Single beds
- 2 Bunk beds
- 4 Bathrooms
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Saturday changeover
- 3 Miles from a beach
- 2 Miles from a pub
- 2 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- No travel cot available
The cottage was clean and well provided, it is in a lovely spot, surrounded by fields and you can see the sea about 5 miles away from the garden. There were eight of us and there was ample space. The beaches are long stretches of golden sand. We caught lots of small crabs from the sea wall at Aberdovey and enjoyed a day at Barmouth, crossing the estuary by the foot ferry at Fairburn. We had several walks which we enjoyed, the best was the Precipice Walk from Dolgellau, amazing views and fairly flat. We also had a day out on the steam train from Tywyn. There was plenty to do. We went in August and although it was busy, no where was over crowded and there was always a place in the car parks or restaurants. . I would definitely reccomend this cottage and this part of Wales.Hilary - 26th August 2017
It was very enjoyable
The Tal-y-Lyn railway is great for kids, also we loved BarmouthLisa and Family - 25th July 2017
Cottage in top condition and well equipped. Property owner very welcoming & friendly. Any minor problems dealt with promptly. Will seriously consider returning next year. Lots of nice beaches to choose from. Good for walking, climbing and bird watching the fish & chips at Friog Beach is one of the best.Winston from East Devon - 15th June 2017
The property is really very nice and great for the whole family. The views are amazing and we particularly enjoyed the waterfals. There is lots to do otherwise in the area with something for everyone.Family Get Together - 5th June 2017
Fantastic, beautiful place to relax, cottage was stunning, it was pretty perfect. Little town was lovely with great food at the local pub with good prices and stunning views on walks.Kay from Wirral - 30th April 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Surrounded by farmland, this stunning Tywyn accommodation enjoys magnificent views over the Dysynni Valley towards Cardigan Bay. One of only two semi-detached holiday cottages on site, Ffermdy’r Waun offers a peaceful setting with no passing traffic. A perfect base to enjoy local attractions, rambling, hiking and biking, with good links to public footpaths. A warm Welsh welcome (“Croeso”) awaits.
The village of Bryncrug (2 miles) offers a village shop and a local pub at the Peniarth Arms. Tywyn (5 miles) offers a wide range of amenities, including shops and a supermarket, a newly refurbished cinema and train station, crazy golf and leisure centre with indoor pool. Recommended restaurants in town include Walkers fish and chips restaurant, Proper Gander and Salt Marsh Kitchen.
Highly recommended restaurants in the area include Sea Breeze on the sea front in Aberdyfi (9 miles), George III overlooking the Mawddach Estuary in Penmaenpool (14 miles) and Glan yr Afon in Pennal (15 miles). There is also a good Indian restaurant in Fairbourne (8 miles).
Your Tywyn accommodation offers a great range of days out for all the family, including steam train rides on the Talyllyn railway, a stunning circular walk to the historic Castell y Bere castle and an underground adventure at King Arthur’s Labyrinth. You also have world renowned attractions such as Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking centre and Go Ape, Harlech Castle’s World Heritage Site and Portmeirion. To the south of Tywyn is the harbour village of Aberdyfi with a lovely sandy beach, sand dunes, cafes, quaint little shops and the famous golf links course. In this quiet corner of Snowdonia National Park you’ll find natural beauty whatever time of year you choose to stay at Ffermdy’r Waun.
- Footpath from the doorstep through scenic farmland
- Wales Coast Path – from Rhoslefain (2 miles), head north towards Fairbourne or south to Tywyn and then along 4 miles of golden sand to Aberdyfi.
- Dolgoch Falls Walk – a short walk to a series of waterfalls which cascade down a rocky wooded ravine in the mountainside into a deep pool below. 5 miles
- 12 mile, spectacular circular walk that incorporates a visit to Castell y Bere (a 13th-century Welsh castle) and Craig yr Aderyn, a dramatic scenic feature and a wonderful viewpoint. 9 miles
- Cadair Idris (2,930 feet mountain walk) – one route starting from Llanfihangel-y-Pennant (9 miles) and climbs steadily on the southern section of the pony path. 10 miles to summit – graded moderate/hard.
- Mawddach Trial, which follows the course of the disused estuary railway from Morfa Mawddach to Dolgellau or Barmouth - one of the most enchanting gentle walks, or bike rides anywhere. 9 miles from your Tywyn accommodation
- The country lanes starting from the doorstep are perfect for cycling. Bike hire available at Llanegryn. 0.6 mile
- Mawddach Trail (see above). 9 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 21 miles
- Private access to a beach with rock pools to keep the children entertained for hours. 3 miles
- Tywyn Beach - sandy beach along with a promenade and paddling pool. 5 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – two mile stretch of golden sand on low tide. 8 miles
- Aberdyfi Beach - long sandy beach - perfect for a family holiday. 9 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre, Fairbourne - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 8 miles
- Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all round angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn and Aberdyfi (4 and 9 miles) lake fishing in Tal-y-llyn (10 miles) or river fishing on the Dysynni (1 mile). Read more about fishing in the Tywyn and Aberdyfi area.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 9 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 9 miles