Llety Crug enjoys an elevated, peaceful countryside setting with amazing views of the sea and southern Snowdonia landscape, including the peak of Cader Idris. From this semi-detached, quirky holiday cottage Tywyn and the North Wales coast are just 3.5 miles away. For an added touch of luxury, massages and yoga can also be arranged for your stay. The biggest perk however has to be the fact that you can walk across the field from the cottage, wave the steam train down (in season) and travel in style to the coast, or to the stunning villages, waterfall and walks en route to Tal-y-llyn at the other end of the railway.
Open plan living area includes a kitchen-diner and lounge with breathtaking views of mountains and sea.
The kitchen includes a dishwasher, cooker with grill and hob, a fridge, freezer and microwave. It is also well stocked with pots, crockery and cooking utensils, a cafetiere and blender. The dining table takes centre stage whilst over at the other end is a welcoming lounge area with comfortable seating, freeview TV and binoculars to enjoy the scenery. There is also a double sofa bed available in the lounge for up to 2 additional guests on request.
A separate sun room (includes a washing machine, rotarty clothes dryer etc) adjoins the kitchen which leads out to the garden. There is also a table and chairs to relax with a cuppa whilst enjoing the garden views.
Ground floor shower room with a double shower, WC and basin.
Bedroom 1 - King size ensuite bedroom with expansive mountain and sea views, inviting bed with bedside tables and lamps. Additional cot or child bed available on request. Separate walk in wardrobe is also available for the use of one or both bedrooms.
Ensuite bathroom includes a freestanding bath and hand held shower, heated towel rail, WC and basin. You can enjoy an amazing view of Cader Idris from the comfort of a hot bath. The ensuite can also be accessed from the landing if you wish to share with the twin room.
Bedroom 2 - Spacious twin room that also enjoys the same magnificent views as bedroom 1. Chest of drawers, bedside tables and lamps also provided.
Vast grounds surround the cottage which includes a lawn, wild rambling gardens and amazing views of the sea and countryside. Garden table, hammock and BBQ facilities also provided. Some areas of the garden are private for your own use whilst you also have access to the rest of the grounds which is shared with the owners.
- Welcome pack provided on arrival includes Welsh cakes, tea, coffee and sugar.
- Other items provided include mixed herbs, oil and stock cubes, washing up liquid and picnic hamper.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided. *Please note on your booking if you require bedding for the double sofa bed in the lounge for up to 2 additional guests (£30p/p)
- Electricity and oil central heating included
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Wifi available
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage please
- Cot with linen and high chair available on request.
- Baby and toddler items provided including monitors, black out blind, baby bath, games and toys, ride on car, baby walker, towels and toys.
- The owners have a small friendly dog, a cat and chickens that are also very much looking forward to welcoming you on holiday to Snowdonia.
- The owners will leave you to enjoy your holiday but are at hand should you need anything.
- Plenty of parking space - please note that the track to the cottage has a few pot holes so not ideal for sports cars.
- Asda home delivery available although shopping locally is also encouraged.
Extras and Holistic Treatment
- Hamper or breakfast box option for those who want it, as well as a holistic treatment menu to choose from, massage and yoga. These treatements need to be booked in advance and any of the following can be added when booking the cottage.
- Sole Delight £32
A 1 hour treatment for tired feet, ideal for walkers. Including cleanse, massage, warm wrap and reflex points.
- Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage £32
A 50 minute treatment to get into those achy parts of the back, neck and shoulders.
- Full body Massage £55
A consultation and full body massage with after care and stretches to improve your alignment
- Yogic Relaxation Class £27
A 40 minute guided relaxation to de-stress, recuperate and rebalance energies.
- Individual Yoga Class £32
A one hour taster yoga lesson suited to your particular needs from tight shoulders, achy feet or hands, for healthy lower back, to help you practice a certain sport better or for pregnancy, menopause or health related complaints.
- Family Yoga Class £44
Have some family fun learning balances and mindful movement together
- Clear Thinking Meditation Class £44
Stressed, anxious, mind running away with you? Book a meditation class to understand how you can give your mind a break. Designed to leave you with a toolbox of techniques to help control the mind and live more easily.
- Holistic Facial £60
A one hour facial massage to rejuvenate and improve circulation using ancient reflex points
- Sole Delight £32
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Sofa bed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Saturday changeover
- 3.5 Miles from a beach
- 3.5 Miles from a pub
- 3.5 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Get away from it all at Llety Crug and immerse yourself in the remote rural nature of Snowdonia National Park. People come here to get close to nature, to walk, bike, surf, relax, eat and connect with the big outdoors. From your holiday cottage Tywyn and the North Wales coast is only 3.5 miles away. There are plenty of beautiful sandy beaches to choose from up and down the coast - all connected by the All Wales Coast Path of course. The elevated position of the cottage offers uninterrupted panoramic views of the Snowdonia landscape and Cardigan Bay, as well as starry night skies, plenty of fresh air and footpaths from the doorstep. One short path in particular leads directly to a request stop on the Talyllyn Steam Railway which (in season) will take you to Dolgoch waterfalls, the seaside, a children's play park and much more.
The village pub/restaurant (Peniarth) is just 2 miles away at Bryncrug whilst a range of amenities can be found in Tywyn. This includes a Coop and Spar, bank, a range of shops, a highly recommended bistro called Salt Marsh Kitchen and even a traditional cinema. Other recommended places to eat locally includes Sea Breeze in Aberdyfi and Ty'n y Cornel at Tal-y-llyn. Machynlleth has a local street market on Wednesday which is well worth a trip for local produce. In summer Tywyn also has a market on Monday.
Just 4 miles south of Tywyn along the coast is Aberdyfi, a picturesque seaside resort with a great sandy beach, lovely cafes such as Y Bwtri Blasus and restaurants. Other local attractions include the Centre for Alternative Technology, Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur's Labyrinth, whilst Talyllyn lake (at the end of the steam railway line) offers some of the best views in Wales. On the subject of views, it is also well worth visiting the valley of Llanfihangel-y-Pennant, home to the historical site of Castell y Bere castle and Bird Rock (the only inland nesting site for cormorants in Europe).
Another view that can't be avoided in this area is the mighty Cader Idris, one of Snowdonia’s most popular mountains. There are 3 main routes to the peak, from Llanfihangel-y-Pennat, Minffordd and Dolgellau. If you descend to Dolgellau, it is highly recommended that you treat yourself to some of the fabulous home-made cakes at T.H Roberts cafe or a meal at one of the high quality restaurants that can be found in this Snowdonia market town. The town is also a hub for a network of popular trails, including the Mawddach Trail that can be walked or cycled to Barmouth on the coast. Other days out include Tonfannau Motorcycle Racing Circuit and a scenic journey on the mainline train from Tywyn along spectacular coastline to destinations such as Barmouth, the World Heritage Site at Harlech Castle, Portmeirion and Pwllheli.
- Scenic footpaths from the doorstep - guides included in the cottage
- Wales Coast Path – from Tywyn (3.5 miles), head north towards Fairbourne or south along 4 miles of golden sand to Aberdyfi.
- Dolgoch Falls Walk – a short walk to a series of waterfalls which cascade down a rocky wooded ravine in the mountainside into a deep pool below. Can be reached via steam train or by car (3.5 miles)
- 12 mile, spectacular circular walk that incorporates a visit to Castell y Bere (a 13th-century Welsh castle) and Craig yr Aderyn, a dramatic scenic feature and a wonderful viewpoint. 7 miles
- Cadair Idris (mountain walk) – 3 main routes starting from Llanfihangel-y-Pennant (7 miles), Minffordd (9.5 miles) and Dolgellau (19 miles).
- Tywyn Beach - sandy beach along with a promenade and paddling pool. 3.5 miles
- Aberdyfi Beach - long sandy beach - perfect for a family holiday. 7 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – two mile stretch of golden sand on low tide. 10.5 miles
- The cycle route to Tywyn starts just down the hill from the cottage - bikes can be hired from the owner on request.
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 15 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 26 miles
- Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all round angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn and Aberdyfi (3.5 and 7 miles) lake fishing in Tal-y-llyn (9 miles) or river fishing on the Dysynni (2 miles). Read more about fishing in the Tywyn and Aberdyfi area.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 7 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 7 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 11 miles