- £841 per week
- £120 per night
- 4 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Open fire or woodburner
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
Maes y Gwy is one of two self-catering Monmouthshire cottages set on a working farm in 126 acres of beautiful open meadows, woodland and rolling hills. With a wood burner, the cottage is perfect for relaxing and is ideally located for exploring the numerous attractions in the area. The cottage also comes with a large play area. And with chickens, goats and many other animals around children are welcome to help with the feeding and egg collecting.
Built in a traditional Welsh Longhouse style the cottage adjoins Maes y Felin, and the main farm building. Both these luxury Monmouthshire cottages can also be booked together to accommodate bigger groups.
Open plan format with lounge area, fully equipped kitchen and dining area.
Maes y Gwy self catering, Monmouthshire offers a cosy lounge with a wood burning stove, comfy seating and TV.
Ground floor cloakroom with WC and hand basin.
Double master bedroom
Two single bedrooms
Shower room with WC and hand basin
All bedrooms offer fantastic views across the farm and open countryside
Table and chairs at front of property and BBQ set available
Large fenced off play area with picnic bench directly to the front of these Monmouthshire cottages, providing a superb, safe area for children to play.
South facing front patio
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer included.
- Electricity and heating included. (Electric radiators upstairs)
- Logs are provided free of charge as and when required.
- Wheelchair access provided
- Wireless internet access is available free of charge. (Please note wifi signal in cottage cannot be guaranteed due to wall thickness. WIFI is not available from the games room)
- The following items are also provided at the cottage for your stay… Kitchen: washing up liquid, washing up brush,sponge/scourer and tea towels Bathroom: initial toilet roll.
- Asda home delivery available
- 2 well behaved dogs welcome (ground floor only) at an additional charge of £30 per dog. Please note that your dog must be kept on a lead on the property grounds.
- Iron provided
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Please be aware this is a working farm and children must not be left to roam unattended.
- Please note that mobile coverage in the area is only available via some networks. We recommend you check with your provider if the signal is a necessity.
- Shared utility room for both these Monmouthshire cottages with washing machine and 2 large freezer units
- Maes y Gwy is joined to Maes y Felin Holiday Cottage. Both may be booked together to sleep up to 10.
Well-situated cottage for sightseeing in beautiful South Wales. Cottage was cosy and well-equipped. Chickens in the coop, sheep and cows grazing in nearby fields. Very picturesque.
Lovely location and friendly surroundings
Excellent, quiet environment. Great property. Friendly hosts and really helpful.
Lovely host's great break, everyone had a great time