This Aberaeron holiday cottage offers a private hot tub and is just 120 meters to the beach, coastal path and astounding views of Cardigan Bay. Bro Dawel is a grand Georgian house with plenty of character and features – including a welcoming log burner in the living room. Convenient location, just 1.5 miles along the coastal path to the fine dining, shops and cafes of Aberaeron.
A newly installed country kitchen which maintains the cosy yet practical feel of the house. All mod cons (including dishwasher and washing machine) and serving utensils are provided. This is a sociable space within the house and adjoins the dining room/conservatory.
The Conservatory has a dining table with capacity to seat up to 8 people and overlooks the private garden.
Downstairs shower and toilet. Whether you have just come in from the beach or the hot tub, the ground floor facilities are perfect for practicality.
The first living room has a multi-fuel log burner for those cosy nights in. This, paired with the comfy corner sofa and arm chair, is a perfect combination whilst you watch television or a DVD, read the selection of local books or play board games.
Second living room includes a double sofa bed and a feature fireplace. TV and DVD player, mini library and an assortment of board games.
Bedroom 1 - The master bedroom includes a cosy double bed with two bedside cabinets, chest of drawers and wardrobe. It also offers a view of Cardigan Bay.
Bedroom 2 - The second bedroom offers a bunk bed with bedside table, small wardrobe and sea view.
Bedroom 3 - Double bed with two bedside tables, and wardrobe. It also offers a view of the sea.
The spacious bathroom includes a shower, lovely freestanding bath along with a toilet and wash basin.
This Aberaeron holiday cottage offers a lawn, 6 seater hot tub in a secluded alcove of the garden, along with garden furniture.
- Welcome Pack with local produce
- Basket of logs provided with welcome pack. Further logs available at £5 per basket from the owner
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed-linen, hand and bath towels and a hairdryer provided.
- Double sofa bed available in second lounge. Please let us know if you require bedding for this additional bed.
- Wifi available
- Cot and high chair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- No pets or smoking
- Off-road parking for two cars. Further public parking availabe nearby
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub Optional Extra
- Friday changeover
- 0.2 Mile from a beach
- 1 Mile from a pub
- 1 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No freezer
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No stairgate available
- No travel cot available
Our family holiday was so lovely especially with a beautiful relaxing hot tub, beach and walks nearby. We enjoyed visiting Newquay - great fish and chips or walk to Aberaeron and visit the harbour.Claire - 19th August 2017
We were recommnded to visit the cottage by friends. Aled was great and a very friendly host.Robert and Family - 8th August 2017
Simply PerfectClaire and Friends - 1st August 2017
It was a fantastic stay, loved the hot tub and the cosy property. Worked out well for our young son as well, which was fab. The beach was amazing, we went there every day. We had everything we needed for a nice relaxing break!
We loved going to the beach every morning, our son loved finding rocks and shells. We visited Aberaeron a few times, had ice cream in The Hive. Would highly recommend Fantasy Farm Park (15 minute drive away) and Arybel Soft Play Centre (10 minute drive) for families.Family from York - 26th June 2017
Family fun filled holiday. A lovely property in a beautiful village.
Recommendations: Devils Bridge waterfalls, New Quay - beautiful beach and seaside village, Abereron - beautiful well kept seaside village with great restaurants. The Cellar on the Harbour did great food and was very friendly.Family from Burton Salmon - 17th May 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Set in the coastal village of Aberarth, this detached Aberaeron holiday cottage offers a peaceful setting, just 120 meters to the beach and the all Wales coastal path. Bro Dawel is only 1 mile from the bustling harbour town of Aberaeron (or 1.5 miles along the coastal path). Aberaeron is renowned for its fine dining, vibrant pub life and independent shops. There are a number of shops for all your needs in this coastal town, from small supermarkets and grocery stores to chic home interior shops such as Seld with beautiful Welsh products.
There are so many excellent eating establishments in Aberaeron as well and amongst the best are the Harbour Master, The Cellar and Manuka. You also have The Celtic restaurant, The Hive honey ice cream and restaurant, The Castle and many more - all within 1 mile. The nearest good pub is The Royal Oak (1 mile) whilst you also have plenty of others to choose from around the town square and harbour.
Some of the main attractions in the area include the Coastal Path (with Aberarth to New Quay being a real highlight), Llanerchaeron National Trust and the town’s famous Honey Ice Cream at the Hive. Aberaeron is also a very central location for exploring the rest of Wales and ideal for pursuits such as angling, sailing, birdwatching, cycling and walking.
From your Aberaeron holiday cottage you can travel inland to the Teifi Valley. A favourite with visitors is Cenarth Falls, a famous beauty spot. To the north, travel from Aberystwyth on the narrow-gauge Vale of Rheidol Railway to experience the waterfalls at Devil's Bridge or visit the ruins at Strata Florida Abbey, near Pontrhydfendigaid in the Cambrian mountains. Just a few miles south, coastal towns and villages such as New Quay and Llangrannog offer Blue Flag beaches, dolphin spotting or fishing boat trips, Go Carting and Paintball Centre, Felinwynt Rainforest Centre, New Quay Honey Centre and much more.
- Aberarth Beach - mostly pebble and shingle. Also the joining point for the Coastal Path from your Aberaeron holiday cottage - 0.1 mile
- Aberaeron - shingle beach, popular with those looking for gentle water sports such as sailing, windsurfing and canoeing. 1 mile
- Cei Bach - lovely beach, much quieter than New Quay beach. 7 miles
- New Quay (Harbour Beach) - expansive, sandy and well protected from the breeze, this blue flag beach is very popular and with plenty of amenities in New Quay itself. 9 miles
- Ceredigion Coast Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) follows a 60 mile route between the Teifi and Dyfi estuaries. The footpath links coastal towns and villages along the spectacular scenery of the Cardigan Bay coastline. 0.1 mile from the cottage.
- Aberaeron to Lampeter - 1 mile
- Llain Activity Centre - 5.5 miles
- Choose from dinghy sailing, yacht cruising, power boating, windsurfing and kayaking with both short sessions and longer courses suitable for all levels and abilities Cardigan Bay Watersports. 8.5 miles
- Dolphin Watch - 8.5 miles
- Sea fishing – Shore fishing all around the coast and charter boat trips available form Aberaeron harbour. 1 mile
- Nine Oaks Angling Centre, Derwen Gam - 5.5 miles
- Teglan Fisheries, Ysbryd-y-Llyn - A two lake fishery, including one carp lake and one match lake. 6 miles
- Game Fishing - Aberaeron Town Angling Club is the only official angling club on the river Aeron. It controls about 2 miles of predominantly double bank fishing on the Aeron extending inland from the tidal limit. 1 mile
- Enjoy the 4km designated cycle path that follows the River Aeron from the harbour up the Vale of Aeron to Llanerchaeron - 1 mile
- Bwlch Nant yr Arian mountain biking trails - 22 miles
- Penros Golf Club, Llanrhystud - 18 hole golf course in 150 acres of lush green countryside - 6 miles
- Gilfach yr Halen, Llwyncelyn. Guided trekking through spectacular countryside - 4.5 miles