Just a stone’s throw away from Aberystwyth beach, promenade and town centre, self catering in Aberystwyth doesn’t get any more convenient than this. Be it with your friends or family, Ger y Môr offers gorgeous accommodation for you to get together in style. Built to an extremely high standard throughout, this boutique town house has all the modern conveniences for you to enjoy whilst also making the most of all that Aberystwyth and Mid Wales has to offer.
There is a large entrance hall leading through to the kitchen and dining area, while there is a spacious separate lounge off the left of the hall. The design of the house downstairs allows for plenty of natural light, giving a bright and airy environment for you to enjoy.
The lounge includes large, modern sofas, TV and a lovely wall mounted electric fire.
The spacious kitchen diner is equipped with everything you need, including a fridge freezer, dishwasher, hob & cooker, blender and microwave. Large granite table with 7 chairs and another TV set.
Downstairs toilet and sink
Upstairs (first floor)
Ensuite twin bedroom with comfy beds and a stylish, bespoke headboard.
Second, lovely twin bedroom.
Cosy single bedroom with cream French furniture.
Family bathroom (shared between the single bedroom and the second twin bedroom).
Upstairs (second floor)
Ensuite master bedroom with king size bed, comfy chairs and, like all the other bedrooms, dressing gowns. Perfect for relaxing at this luxury self catering in Aberystwyth.
Enclosed patio area at the rear of the property with outdoor furniture, so you can make the most of the sunny weather during your stay.
- Welcome pack (including a bottle of wine and Welsh cakes) on arrival
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 4 hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Toiletries provided (includes shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, hand and body lotion, shower cap, cotton wool and cotton buds).
- Cot and high chair provided on request (please bring your own cot linen).
- No pets or smoking
- Parking space for 2 cars only
- Sleeps 7
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 5 Single beds
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 0.1 Mile from a beach
- 0.1 Mile from a pub
- 0.2 Mile from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- No washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No travel cot available
Bendigedig! Chwaeth arbennig iawn ac mor gyfleus ar gyfer pob dim.
Gwesty Cymru am fwyd gwych!
Fantastic! Very special tastes and so convenient for everything.
Gwesty Cymru Hotel for amazing food!
Friends from Caerffili - 13th March 2017
Very relaxing, which was the whole purpose of the visit.
Little Italy provides good food, reasonably priced and excellent service.Couple from Abergavenny - 8th November 2016
We visited this property for our annual get together as University friends. The house is stunning, very comfortable, well equipped, perfect location for the town and prom and coastal path. Excellent. Recommended - Walking coastal path. Food at Baravin and Gwesty Cymru.Group of friends from Ceredigion - 16th May 2016
The house was marvelous, modern and better than expected. Family from Kentucky, USA - 18th March 2016
Such a fantastic house, lovely to return as we were students in Aberystwyth and now very much posher than when we lived here.! And so close to the beach - we loved it and can't wait to come back. Eat at Pysgoty on South beach; great breakfast at Sallies on North Parade; visit the Arts Centre for a bit of culture.Rachel - 15th July 2015
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
This gorgeous cottage offers a highly convenient location for self catering in Aberystwyth town centre. Aberystwyth beach and promenade, cafes and shops, as well as a traditional, family run cinema are all within a minute’s walk from the cottage. A relaxing 3 minute stroll along the sea front will also bring you to Aberystwyth Cliff Railway – the longest cliff railway in Britain and the only one of its kind in Wales.
Aberystwyth (literally translated - Mouth of the River Ystwyth) is a bustling University seaside town with a wide range of amenities. Just round the corner from your boutique self catering in Aberystwyth is a 24 hour Spar and a Boots store and there are plenty of restaurants and cafes to choose from as well. You also have Plascrug Leisure Centre with its swimming pool, squash courts, netball courts, and gym.
Amongst the recommended restaurants are Med Delight, Baravin, Gannets, Nick’s Kitchen & Restaurant and Gwesty Cymru. For Sunday lunch, Marine is highly recommended whilst Tynllidiart Arms in Capel Bangor (5 miles) and Y Ffarmers in Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn (7 miles) are also well worth the journey. The nearest good pub is The White Horse whilst Ship & Castle offers a more traditional setting.
Aberystwyth offers direct access to the Cambrian Mountains and Rheidol Valley. The Vale of Rheidol Railway offers a very popular day trip up to Devil's Bridge (seasonal timetable), an area steeped in myths and legends. When you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall.
For groups, Colossal Activities can provide anything from golf to mountain bike hire to fishing, children’s parties and kayak hire. You can also enjoy excursions into the Cambrian Mountains for views, local history and wildlife with Cambrian Safaris. Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey) and the Animalarium in Borth.
The history of the area goes back to the Mesolithic Age (almost 10,000 years ago!) along with evidence of mining and flint knapping. Visit Ceredigion Museum (opposite the house) for much more information on the history and growth of Aberystwyth during your stay. Today the town is home to the National Library of Wales, the prestigious Aberystwyth University and the largest Art Centre in Wales. You can also wander through the ruins of Aberystwyth Castle, located in the middle of the promenade.
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. 0.1 mile from the cottage
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach – quieter than the town’s North Beach. 0.7 mile
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 1 mile on foot / 3 mile drive
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 7 miles
- Ynyslas Beach - Stunning beach with sand dunes on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary. 9 miles
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. From the doorstep
- Enjoy a walk through Parc Penglais Nature Reserve at the top of Aberystwyth. 0.3 mile
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. Walk from the door to the hill top in 30 minutes.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 12.5 miles from cottage
- Ystwyth Trail - a 21 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron via Llanfarian. From the doorstep.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. From the doorstep.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 0.1 mile
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (0.1 mile)
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 1 mile
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 5.5 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 12.5 miles.
- Llain Activity Centre, Llanarth. Multi Activity Centre, including kayaking and canoeing, sailing and raft building, high ropes, adventure courses and much more. 20 miles