Detached cottage with private hot tub and sea view. Gwarcwm Uchaf offers a rural setting for a relaxing break, with breathtaking views over the Dyfi Estuary and up towards the hills. This cosy, pet-friendly cottage also features a lovely woodburner in the lounge and rayburn in the kitchen. There are plenty of beautiful mountains for walkers to enjoy the freedom to roam. Located between Machynlleth and Aberystwyth, there is plenty to do nearby and Cardigan Bay with its lovely beaches is just a short drive.
Kitchen/dining room - Fitted kitchen with fridge, freezer, dishwasher, oven, microwave and rayburn included. Large oak dining table and chairs overlooking the garden and the amazing view.
Lounge with a welcoming woodburner, 2 brown leather sofas and a chair, TV with built in dvd, solid oak coffee table and nest of tables, large rug and china cabinet.
Utility room in a shed attached to the house which includes a washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, toilet and storage for dirty boots etc. Wood is also available here for the woodburner.
Bedroom 1 - Super king bed (can be split into 2 singles if required). Solid oak wardrobe and dressing table and chair, 2 bedside cabinets with tablelamps and an amazing view.
Bedroom 2 - Super king bed (can be split into 2 singles if required). Solid oak wardrobe, 2 bedside cabinets, dressing table and chair and the same views as bedroom 1 towards the estuary.
Bedroom 3 - Small double bed (4ft) for single occupancy. Solid oak wardrobe, bedside cabinet with lamp, dressing table and chair.
Bedroom 4 - Small double bed (4ft) for single occupancy. Solid oak wardrobe, bedside cabinet with lamp, dressing table and chair.
Bathroom with bath and electric shower above, washbasin and toilet.
Enclosed garden at the rear of the cottage with private hot tub and an amazing view towards the sea and the hills. Garden table and chairs, barbecue and rotary clothes line.
Football, small tennis bats and ball also provided.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels included
- This property has a £200 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead
- 4 hairdryers provided (one for each bedroom)
- Cot, high chair and stairgate provided on request
- Dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, hand soap, tea towels, sponges, scourers and washing up brush provided
- No smoking inside
- 2 pets welcome free of charge (Ground floor only) - please notify us when booking,
- Plenty of parking space
- Wifi included
- Stable available for horses if required
- Sleeps 6
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Open fire or woodburner
- Accepts 2 pets
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Saturday changeover
- 4.5 Miles from a beach
- 1 Mile from a pub
- 1 Mile from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- No travel cot available
The hot tub and location sells this lovely place! One place we would love to return to! Emma from Somerset - 19th February 2018
This is one of the best equipped cottages we have ever visited. Secluded but able to access grocery deliveries with no probs and WiFi is great for everyone. We liked the hot tub, fabulous views of the countryside, beaches and sea from the house and garden. There's a waterfall only a short walk away.Family from South West - 25th August 2017
We had a wonderful family break, loved the remote location and the splendid views from the hot tub. Great walks, enjoyed visit to CAT, Vale of Rheidol train ride to Devils Bridge and the walk around the waterfall. Great beach at Ynyslas. Loved the Osprey Project and red kite feeding at Bwlch Yr Nant Arian.Family from Exeter - 20th August 2017
Wonderful views of the sea and countryside!
Hot tub was great and we all enjoyed it. The owner was welcoming and kindly left us Welsh cakes, milk and fresh eggs. The cottage had four double bedrooms and was really comfortable - we could have stayed longer, it was so lovely. Treehouse café in Aberystwyth has lovely food. Visit New Quay for beautiful seaside town with brightly colour painted houses. Copper Mines and Bounce Below are fun experiences.Family from Yorkshire - 7th August 2017
We had a most enjoyable time and enjoyed exploring and reterning to Aberwystwyth after 70+ years.
Tips: Use OS maps to discover walks.Michael from Hastings - 5th July 2017
I found the property to be nice and clean. very private, peaceful and lovely views. I would recommend Wildflower pub, Devils Bridge, Labyrinth and Powis Castle.Gaynor from Merseyside - 24th June 2017
A relaxing family break in a beautiful house set in stunning countryside with a view of the sea. The hot tub was great too. We visited Aberystwyth, Machynlleth on market day (Wed), Borth & Clarach. We went on the Rheidol steam railway to Devils Bridge and to the Corris Craft centre (lovely Welsh Rarebit in the cafe here).Annette from Cheltenham
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This detached cottage with private hot tub is located on a farm, in a peaceful, rural location. Relax in the garden whilst watching the sheep and cattle roam in the fields around you or sit in the hot tub enjoying the spectacular view of the River Dyfi as it meets the blue waters of Cardigan Bay.
There are 2 shops nearby – one in each of the nearest villages. This includes a community-run shop at Trerddol (1 mile) which sells a lot of local produce and a SPAR shop in Talybont (2 miles). There are also 3 pub / restaurants that can all be recommended within 2 miles; The Wildfowler in Trerddol (1 mile) and Y Llew Du and Y Llew Gwyn in Talybont (2 miles).
Amongst the popular attractions in the area are the beaches at Ynyslas (5 miles) and Borth (7 miles), the RSPB centre at Ynyshir (4.5 miles), Nantymoch reservoir (10 miles) and the Cambrian Mountains that are all around you. The seaside town of Aberystwyth (9 miles) and the historic town of Machynlleth, known as the Ancient Capital of Wales (9.5 miles), are also worth a visit.
The University and Seaside town of Aberystwyth includes a National Library, Museum and Castle along with a wide range of amenities including a Leisure Centre, shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. There is also a cycle trail and a Narrow Gauge Railway leading to Devils Bridge with its famous Water Falls and many lovely walks. The Aberystwyth area offers some spectacular landscapes and scenery, as featured on Hinterland / Y Gwyll; a ground-breaking, dual-language detective drama set against the stunning backdrop of west Wales.
The Historic Town of Machynlleth offers cycling trails, footpaths, Leisure Centre, unique shops, lovely restaurants and cafes, Wales’ first Parliament House dating back to the 15th Century and the oldest Street Market in Britain every Wednesday. A few extra miles north is the Centre for Alternative Technology, Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur’s Labyrinth.
- Beautiful beaches at Ynys Las (4.5 miles) and Borth (7 miles), with the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth just 9 miles.
- Plenty of rural and mountain walks starting from the cottage. 0 miles
- The All Wales Coast Path can be joined at Tre’r Ddol, 1 mile. This leads to the beach in Borth and Aberystwyth a few miles further south.
- Many cycle routes within a few miles, as well as endless rural roads for walking and cycling. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking - all routes start from Machynlleth. 9.5 miles
- Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre - one of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales. 14 miles
- R.S.P.B. at Ynyshir. 4.5 miles
- Dyfi Osprey Project. 4.5 miles
- Red Kite Feeding Centre at Nant yr Arian. 14 miles
- Borth is a great venue for surfing and windsurfing. There are also surfing lessons available at Borth Beach. 7 miles
- Borth Golf Club - 18 hole championship golf course. 7 miles.
- Aberystwyth Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 9 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club - 9 hole golf course. 10 miles.
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 10 miles
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 9 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Fly Fishing at Nant y Moch (brown trout) – 10 miles. (Day tickets available at the Garage in Ponterwyd, 16 miles).