- £435 per week
- £62 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 single Zip&Link bed (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Sea or coastal views
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Beautiful cottage with a private hot tub and far reaching views over the Dyfi Estuary, Cardigan Bay and rolling Welsh countryside. This sea view holiday cottage is located on a working farm, less than a mile from the village of Talybont with its two pub restaurants, shop etc. It is also central to the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth and Machynlleth, the Ancient Capital of Wales. This is the perfect place to relax and enjoy some quality time exploring the local beaches, discovering hidden treasures and various attractions.
Open plan kitchen, dining and living area with underfloor heating throughout. Fully equipped kitchen including a dishwasher and a lovely dining area looking out to the garden and fields.
The lounge area includes comfortable sofas, a large TV along with Playstation 3 / DVD player, games and videos
Utility room with washing machine and freezer.
Open oak staircase leading up to 2 bedrooms and a shower room.
Spacious double bedroom with king bed and amazing estuary and sea views.
Second spacious bedroom with the option of having a super-king bed or two full size single beds - *please let us know your preference*. Lovely reading corner overlooking the garden and fields.
Shower room with a large power shower, WC and washbasin.
Private and enclosed garden area to the rear of the cottage with a hot tub and garden furniture to enjoy the calming countryside views. BBQ equipment provided.
There is also garden furniture in front of this sea view holiday cottage to enjoy the expansive estuary and coastal views.
- Warm Welsh welcome including home made cakes on arrival
- Heating and electricity included (Eco Biomass central heating)
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 2 hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request
- Up to 2 pets welcome, free of charge. Please notify us when booking.
- No smoking
- Plenty of parking space
Lovely house in a beautiful location. Loved the area with good walking, wildlife and coast. Owners could not have been more friendly and helpful. Warm and well presented property
This sea view holiday cottage is nestled on a hillside and is surrounded by beautiful scenery. The expansive views over the Dyfi Estuary, Cardigan Bay and up towards the Snowdonia mountains never fail to inspire - it’s a wonderful setting to relax and to be inspired. On a clear day you can even see Bardsey Island out on the western tip of the Llyn Peninsula.
Part of a working family farm you can enjoy a taste of life in the Welsh countryside at this sea view holiday cottage, whilst also being within a mile of Talybont village with its range of amenities. Amenities include a village shop, garage, chemist and 2 pub restaurants (Llew Du and Llew Gwyn) - both worth visiting for food or drink. There is also a popular, community ran shop and cafe at Trerddol (3 miles) which sells a lot of local produce and another pub restaurant called Wildfowler. For eating out, Matt’s Deli in Bow Street (4 miles) as well as Gwesty Cymru and Baravin on the sea front in Aberystwyth are also highly recommended.
The nearest popular attractions to your sea view holiday cottage include the RSPB wildlife haven at Ynys-hir and the Dyfi Ospreys Project, made famous by the BBC’s Springwatch programme in recent years. The beaches at Borth (3.5 miles) and Ynyslas (5 miles), Nantymoch reservoir (10 miles) and the Cambrian Mountains that are all worth exploring as well. The area also has an UNESCO status as one of only two Biosphere reserves in Wales.
The bustling seaside town of Aberystwyth (7 miles) and Machynlleth, the Ancient Capital of Wales (10 miles) both offer great days out. Aberystwyth is home to the National Library of Wales, a beautiful Promenade, Museum and Castle and a cliff railway that climbs Constitution Hill with amazing views and a cafe at the top. Amenities include a wide range of shops, supermarkets, Leisure Centre, shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. A Narrow Gauge Railway leads to Devils Bridge with its famous Water Falls and many lovely walks. The ground-breaking, dual-language detective drama Hinterland / Y Gwyll is also filmed in and around Aberystwyth.
The Historic Town of Machynlleth features the the oldest Street Market in Britain every Wednesday, as well as cycling trails, footpaths, Leisure Centre, unique shops, lovely restaurants and cafes and Wales’ first Parliament House dating back to the 15th Century. A few extra miles north is the Centre for Alternative Technology, Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur’s Labyrinth.
- Beautiful beaches at Borth (3.5 miles) and Ynys Las (5 miles), with the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth just 7 miles.
- The All Wales Coast Path can be joined just 0.5 of a mile from the cottage. This leads to the beach in Borth and Aberystwyth a few miles further south.
- Plenty of mountains to explore, including Pumlumon (Cambrian Mountains) and Cader Idris (Snowdonia)
- Many cycle routes within a few miles, as well as endless rural roads for walking and cycling. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking - all routes start from Machynlleth. 11 miles
- Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre - one of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales. 12.5 miles
- Borth is a great venue for surfing and windsurfing. Surfing lessons also provided at Borth Beach by ‘Aber Adventure’. 3.5 miles
- Borth Golf Club - 18 hole championship golf course. 3.5 miles.
- Aberystwyth Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 7 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club - 9 hole golf course. 11 miles.
- RSPB at Ynyshir - 5 miles
- Dyfi Osprey Project - 7.5 miles
- Red Kite Feeding Centre at Nant yr Arian - 12.5 miles
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 7 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Fly Fishing at Nant y Moch (brown trout) – 10 miles. (Day tickets available at the Garage in Ponterwyd, 15 miles).
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 8.5 miles