This spacious, detached accommodation near Aberystwyth is located in the small village of Rhydyfelin, with a private patio and hot tub. Only 2 miles from the seaside town of Aberystwyth, Dolau Hirion offers a highly convenient and central base for your holiday on the Mid Wales coast. The Ystwyth Cycle Trail can also be joined from the bottom of your drive and offers a direct, scenic route to Aberystwyth by bike or on foot.
Main Living Room – Spacious lounge area with enough seating for 8 people, freeview TV and a log effect electric fire stove.
Sitting Room - Snug TV / reading room with seating - ideal retreat for some quiet ‘time out’.
Kitchen - Fully fitted kitchen includes a microwave, fridge, built in cooker and hob, kettle, toaster and four seated breakfast table. The adjoining Utility Room offers a spacious room with a sink, dishwasher and small freezer. Space for equipment storage (bikes, boots etc)
Dining Room includes a large square table with enough seating for 8 people and overlooking the rear garden.
Downstairs toilet includes a WC with washbasin.
Master Bedroom with en suite, king size bed and large wardrobe. En suite includes a shower, WC, washbasin and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 - Double bed, wardrobe with drawer space.
Bedroom 3 - King size bed, wardrobe and mirrored chest of drawers.
Bedroom 4 - Double bed and a built in wardrobe with shelves.
Large Family Bathroom includes a P shaped bath with overhead shower and screen, WC, washbasin and heated towel rail.
This spacious accommodation near Aberystwyth is set within its own grounds and includes a large mature garden. There is also a screened patio area with a private hot tub and patio furniture at the rear. There is also a charcoal BBQ set available for use. (Please note that you will need to bring your own charcoal).
- Welcome Pack on arrival including wine, tea, coffee, milk and sugar and homemade cakes.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Cot and high chair available on request
- No pets or smoking inside the property
- Boarding Kennels available on request - Please contact us for further details
- Plenty of parking space for up to 4 cars
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- The following items are also provided…
- Kitchen: 2 kitchen rolls, washing up liquid, enough dishwasher tabs to get you started, new dishcloths, scourers and tea towels.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per bathroom / toilet.
- General cleaning products: toilet cleaner, anti bacterial spray.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- Hot Tub Optional Extra
- Friday changeover
- 2 Miles from a beach
- 1.5 Miles from a pub
- 1.5 Miles from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- No washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No stairgate available
- No travel cot available
|Date Range||7 night price *||3 night price *|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£496||£402|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£1,087||£815|
|6 Jan 18 - 23 Mar 18||£496||£402|
|23 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£810||£608|
|13 Apr 18 - 4 May 18||£622||£467|
|4 May 18 - 25 May 18||£679||£509|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£1,087||£815|
|1 Jun 18 - 22 Jun 18||£679||£509|
|22 Jun 18 - 29 Jun 18||£810||£608|
|29 Jun 18 - 20 Jul 18||£909||£682|
|20 Jul 18 - 31 Aug 18||£1,087||£815|
|31 Aug 18 - 14 Sep 18||£679||£509|
|14 Sep 18 - 21 Sep 18||£622||£467|
|21 Sep 18 - 19 Oct 18||£559||£419|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£909||£682|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£496||£402|
|21 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£1,087||£815|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
Lovely house in a beautiful location. Definitely worth visiting the Animalarium at Borth, Devils Bridge and King Arthurs Labrynth. Only visit the Fantasy Farm if you have small children as not much there for older children. Can recommend Seafront Palace at Aberystwyth for lovely Chinese and the local Chip Box located at PenparcauFamily from Tyne And Wear - 2nd September 2017
Cawsom benwythnos ddifyr iawn fel teulu yn Dolau Hirion, a buom yn lwcus gyda'r tywydd. Roedd pob ystafell yn y ty o faint da, ac roedd mewn lleoliad hwylus. Roedd y twb poeth yn atyniad ychwanegol!
Argymhellion: Cerdded a gweld y rhaeadr ym Mhont ar Fynach, Cinio dydd Sul yng Ngwesty'r Marine, Aberystwyth, Bwyd Indiaidd o Light of Asia
We had a very interesting weekend at Dolau Hirion and we were lucky with the weather. Every room was of a good size and in a convenient location. The hot tub was an extra attraction.
Recommendations: Walking and seeing the waterfall at Devil's Bridge, Sunday lunch at the Marine hotel, Aberystwyth, Indian food at Light of Asia.Family from Caernarfon - 11th October 2016
Relaxed week in lovely surroundings. Visit Aberearon it's a fab town, also New Quay.Janet from Cheshire - 13th September 2016
We were the first people to rent this property and everything was brand new. It was in an amazing location 2 miles from the sea and great for sightseeing North/Mid/South Wales. Hot tub was a bonus. Would definitely return.
Recommendations: Steam railway from Aberystwyth to Devils Bridge and the waterfalls at Devils Bridge, Port Meirion, funicular train in Aberystwyth, dolphin trips in Cardigan Bay. Plenty of lovely pubs in the area.Marie from Grantham - 12th September 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Ideal for group accommodation on the outskirts of Aberystwyth, Dolau Hirion is a detached large property located in the small village of Rhydyfelin, with a private patio area and hot tub at the rear. Just off the main coast road between Aberystwyth and Aberaeron, this is a highly convenient and central base for your holiday on the Mid Wales coast.
The Ystwyth Trail (which follows the old railway line between Aberystwyth and Tregaron) can also be joined from the bottom of your drive and leads directly to Aberystwyth in less than 2 miles. This part of the trail is suitable for all ages and perfect for cycling or walking. From Aberystwyth, you can also join the All Wales Coast Path towards the north or south.
The nearest small supermarket is approx ¾ mile from the property for essentials however Aberystwyth with its bigger shops and amenities is only 2 miles from the property. The best places to eat in the area includes Conrah Hotel (1.5 miles) and in Aberystwyth itself (2 miles), Ultracomida, Baravin, Pysgoty and Gwesty Cymru are all highly recommended. This seaside town also offers a good selection of pubs, cocktail bars and clubs. The Cliff Railway offers amazing views over Aberystwyth and Cardigan Bay, whilst the town is also home to Aberystwyth University, the National Library of Wales, the largest Art Centre in Wales, the ruins of Aberystwyth Castle, a traditional cinema and two beaches.
Amongst the other attractions in the area you have Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre with its scenic walks, mountain bike trails and Red Kite feeding Centre. Ynyslas’ RSPB Nature Reserve is also very popular whilst a steam train ride along the Vale of Rheidol Railway from Aberystwyth to Devils Bridge offers a great day out (seasonal timetable). This area is steeped in myths and legends and when you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall.
For groups, Colossal Activities can provide anything from golf to mountain bike hire to fishing, children’s parties and kayak hire. You can also enjoy excursions into the Cambrian Mountains for views, local history and wildlife with Cambrian Safaris. Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey) and the Animalarium in Borth.
- Ystwyth Trail - a 21 mile walking / cycling trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron. Join the path from the bottom of your drive.
- All Wales Coast Path follows the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. Join the path in Aberystwyth -2 miles.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 10 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: follow the river for 6.5 miles from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 11 miles from cottage
- The Hafod Estate (owned by the Forestry Commission) offers 5 way-marked walks, of varying length and difficulty, enabling visitors to explore the famous Hafod landscape. 15 miles
- Ystwyth Trail – 21 mile cycling route from Aberystwyth to Tregaron, from the bottom of your drive.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 0.7 mile
- Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre - one of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales. Featuring the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 10 miles.
- Sheltered sand and shingle beach at the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. 2 miles.
- Three-mile stretch of sandy beach from Borth to Ynys Las. 8 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 2 miles
- Nant-y-Moch & Dinas reservoirs, near Ponterwyd - both stocked with varieties of trout. Permits for fishing can be bought from the Rheidol Filling Station in Ponterwyd. 12.5 miles
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 3 miles
- Borth & Ynys Las Golf Club – 18 hole champion golf course. 8 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a show-jumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 6 miles
- Aber Adventures - Surf School, Stand up paddle board (SUP) School and Kayak Hire in Borth – 8 miles
- Llain Activity Centre, Llanarth. Multi Activity Centre, including kayaking and canoeing, sailing and raft building, high ropes, adventure courses and much more. 18 miles