- £480 per week
- £69 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Wet room
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sky TV
- Sea or coastal views
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
This romantic Aberystwyth self catering accommodation enjoys a quiet, rural location with beautiful sea views. It also has the added benefit of being within a mile of a cosmopolitan town where you will be spoilt for choice for places to eat and drink. Located on the Mid Wales coast, it is close to Aberystwyth, Borth and Ynys Las beaches, the Wales Coast Path and also Aberystwyth's magical prom and Cliff Railway.
Kitchen / Diner - Modern kitchen units, slate floor, clean, simple style with vintage and rustic pieces such as antique farmhouse table and chairs. Electric oven and induction hob, fridge with freezer compartment, kettle and toaster. There's also a pantry for food storage, as well as a microwave. There is underfloor heating throughout the cottage, making the whole place warm and cosy.
Lounge - Large, light lounge with extensive glazing, with far reaching views of the Mid Wales coast. Bifold doors across one wall. Woodburning stove in one corner, and smart TV with Freeview/iPlayer/Netflix.
Bedroom - Simple country style bedroom with double bed and large sliding/seperating doors from main living area. Wardrobe for two, one bedside table with light.
Shower Room - White, bright room with wetroom shower. Large mirror making the room feel much bigger.
Large open garden with private patio area, with seating for four, two recliners, barbeque. Extensive sea views down the Ceredigion Coast and across the Cambrian Mountains.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes a selection of drinks and Welsh food
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Free, good quality wifi available
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- Plenty of parking space.
The nearest amenities can all be found in Aberystwyth, including a wide range of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars. Amongst the numerous recommended eating establishments in town, you have Baravin, Pysgoty, Medina, Gwesty Cymru, Agnellis and Ultracomida - all within a mile. There are plenty of pubs, lovely cafes and a few cocktail bars to enjoy, as well as two beaches and a promenade for a relaxing walk along the sea front.
Aberystwyth also boasts an excellent Arts Centre, the National Library of Wales, the longest cliff railway in Britain (and the only one of its kind in Wales) and a traditional, family run cinema. Not to mention direct access to the Wales Coastal Path that will bring you to more excellent beaches such as Borth and Ynyslas, with amazing views over Cardigan Bay along the way.
Aberystwyth (literally translated - Mouth of the River Ystwyth) is a bustling University seaside town that also offers direct access to the Cambrian Mountains and Rheidol Valley. The Vale of Rheidol Railway offers a very popular day trip up to Devil's Bridge (seasonal timetable), an area steeped in myths and legends. When you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall.
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. 0.6 mile from your Aberystwyth self catering accommodation
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach – quieter than the town’s North Beach. 1.2 mile
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 1 mile on foot / 3 mile drive
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 7.5 miles
- Ynyslas Beach - Stunning beach with sand dunes on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary. 9 miles
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 0.6 mile
- Enjoy a walk through Parc Penglais Nature Reserve at the top of Aberystwyth. 0.8 mile
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. Walk from the door to the hill top in 35 minutes.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11.5 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 13 miles from cottage
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 0.5 mile
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8.5 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - a 21 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron via Llanfarian. 1 mile.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. From the doorstep.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 0.6 mile
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (0.7 mile)
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 6 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11.5 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 13 miles.
- Aber Adventures - Surf School, Stand up paddle board (SUP) School and Kayak Hire in Borth – 7.5 miles
- Llain Activity Centre, Llanarth. Multi Activity Centre, including kayaking and canoeing, sailing and raft building, high ropes, adventure courses and much more. 20.5 miles