This romantic Aberystwyth self catering accommodation enjoys a quiet, rural location with beautiful sea views. It also has the added benefit of being within a mile of a cosmopolitan town where you will be spoilt for choice for places to eat and drink. Located on the Mid Wales coast, it is close to Aberystwyth, Borth and Ynys Las beaches, the Wales Coast Path and also Aberystwyth's magical prom and Cliff Railway.
Kitchen / Diner - Modern kitchen units, slate floor, clean, simple style with vintage and rustic pieces such as antique farmhouse table and chairs. Electric oven and induction hob, fridge with freezer compartment, kettle and toaster. There's also a pantry for food storage, as well as a microwave. There is underfloor heating throughout the cottage, making the whole place warm and cosy.
Lounge - Large, light lounge with extensive glazing, with far reaching views of the Mid Wales coast. Bifold doors across one wall. Woodburning stove in one corner, and smart TV with Freeview/iPlayer/Netflix.
Bedroom - Simple country style bedroom with double bed and large sliding/seperating doors from main living area. Wardrobe for two, one bedside table with light.
Shower Room - White, bright room with wetroom shower. Large mirror making the room feel much bigger.
Large open garden with private patio area, with seating for four, two recliners, barbeque. Extensive sea views down the Ceredigion Coast and across the Cambrian Mountains.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes a selection of drinks and Welsh food
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Free, good quality wifi available
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- Plenty of parking space.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Double bed
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Friday changeover
- 0.6 Mile from a beach
- 0.5 Mile from a pub
- 0.6 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No freezer
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- No washing machine
- No highchair available
- No travel cot available
Excellent!! The property was wonderful, simply but beautifully furnished and the views were incredible. We didn’t need the tv, the view was enough. A bottle of bubbly was left by the owners in the fridge on our arrival, along with some lovely edibles too. We also left some shoes at the property which the owners informed us of and very kindly sent them to us in the post. We cannot recommend Cae Bach enough!! We will definitely be back. Mrs Christine Whewell - 1st April 2019
A lovely place to stay with everything you could require for a restful holiday.Christopher from Worcester - 28th March 2019
The property was an excellent conversion and had all the facilities you require for a short or long break.Mr Hugh Morgan - 4th December 2018
Wonderful. We really enjoyed staying at Cae Cefn, everything was perfect for us, the surrounding area is breathtaking and to return to such a perfect location made our holiday very special. We look forward to returning. Very good customer service from booking to staying.Karen from Bolton - 16th September 2018
The property is an absolute gem, wonderful in every way from driving up and stepping in, to comfort and amazing views. The owners are lovely and the cottage is a credit to them and to you at Wales Cottage Holidays. Thank you for a super holiday.Vivienne Jones - 16th May 2018
It was just lovely. We were in Aberystwyth for our nieces wedding and Cae Bach was just perfect...just wish we'd had more time in it!Couple from Hertfordshire - 29th August 2017
This property surpassed all our expectations. Ultra stylish yet very homely, great location for access to the town yet very tranquil and secluded. Superb facilities and the view is outstanding. Cute, colourful seaside villages in either direction. Great walks and countryside all around. Loved the visit to Devil's Falls.Couple from Cumbria - 2nd September 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
This Aberystwyth self catering accommodation is set in a quiet rural location with great views over the town and out to sea, on the hillside near Constitution Hill. It is accessed through half a mile of private road, up from Aberystwyth's promenade and therefore enjoys the best of both worlds. It is situated in a secluded spot, sharing the road with only a handful of other properties scattered along the road, guaranteeing a quiet, relaxing setting with enviable sea views.
The nearest amenities can all be found in Aberystwyth, including a wide range of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars. Amongst the numerous recommended eating establishments in town, you have Baravin, Pysgoty, Medina, Gwesty Cymru, Agnellis and Ultracomida - all within a mile. There are plenty of pubs, lovely cafes and a few cocktail bars to enjoy, as well as two beaches and a promenade for a relaxing walk along the sea front.
Aberystwyth also boasts an excellent Arts Centre, the National Library of Wales, the longest cliff railway in Britain (and the only one of its kind in Wales) and a traditional, family run cinema. Not to mention direct access to the Wales Coastal Path that will bring you to more excellent beaches such as Borth and Ynyslas, with amazing views over Cardigan Bay along the way.
Aberystwyth (literally translated - Mouth of the River Ystwyth) is a bustling University seaside town that also offers direct access to the Cambrian Mountains and Rheidol Valley. The Vale of Rheidol Railway offers a very popular day trip up to Devil's Bridge (seasonal timetable), an area steeped in myths and legends. When you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall.
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. 0.6 mile from your Aberystwyth self catering accommodation
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach – quieter than the town’s North Beach. 1.2 mile
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 1 mile on foot / 3 mile drive
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 7.5 miles
- Ynyslas Beach - Stunning beach with sand dunes on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary. 9 miles
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 0.6 mile
- Enjoy a walk through Parc Penglais Nature Reserve at the top of Aberystwyth. 0.8 mile
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. Walk from the door to the hill top in 35 minutes.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11.5 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 13 miles from cottage
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 0.5 mile
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8.5 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - a 21 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron via Llanfarian. 1 mile.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. From the doorstep.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 0.6 mile
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (0.7 mile)
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 6 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11.5 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 13 miles.
- Aber Adventures - Surf School, Stand up paddle board (SUP) School and Kayak Hire in Borth – 7.5 miles
- Llain Activity Centre, Llanarth. Multi Activity Centre, including kayaking and canoeing, sailing and raft building, high ropes, adventure courses and much more. 20.5 miles