Special Offers: Last minute discount! 10% off bookings starting within 14 days (may not apply in conjunction with other offers)
Experience 5-star comfort at this wonderful retreat in West Wales countryside. With a private hot tub, woodburner, ensuite bedrooms and plenty of style inside and out, there are many reasons why guests choose to return to this cottage time and time again. Set within 3.5 acres of grounds, separate and secluded from the owners' house, it enjoys its own enclosed, tranquil garden (ideal for children and dogs). Walking distance to the village pub, cafe and small shop at Pont-rhyd-y-groes.
A great base to discover the culturally rich landscape of West Wales, from mountains and waterfalls to Strata Florida abbey, a narrow gauge railway and the famous three bridges built on top of each other at Devils Bridge. You might also recognise some scenes from the Hinterland series as you explore the area. The Cardigan Bay coastline (accessed 15 miles away at Aberystwyth) offers a great range of long, sandy beaches - 11 of which allow dogs all year round and a further 24 at certain times of the year.
A large, open plan living room occupies the whole ground floor area. Windows and patio doors frame the surrounding greenery and allow plenty of natural daylight to flow in.
Contemporary, modern kitchen - fully equipped, including an electric range master, slow cooker and microwave, fridge/freezer and Nesspresso coffee machine, dishwasher and washing machine. A large dining table takes centre stage with views out to the patio and garden.
The stylish lounge area invites you to relax on sumptuous sofas and cuddle chair in front of the woodburner and Smart TV with DVD and full Sky package. Complimentary use of a 10 inch tablet with subscriptions to a wide choice of magazines and The Times newspaper daily and at weekends.
Ground floor cloakroom with WC and wash hand basin.
Bedroom 1 – King size bed, views over grounds and ensuite shower room. Smart TV with Netflix (freeview TV), i-pod docking station clock and stylish furnishing.
Bedroom 2 – King size bed (can be arranged as 2ft 6in twin beds on request), views over ground and ensuite shower room. Please make a note when booking if you would prefer a twin layout. Also equipped with Smart TV with Netflix (freeview TV), i-pod docking station clock, wardrobe and dressing table.
Set within 3.5 acres of grounds, you have your own fully enclosed area which includes a patio area and a roofed, private hot tub.
Garden table and chairs and a BBQ set with disposable BBQ insert. Outdoor storage also available for bikes etc.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea and coffee, sugar and milk, cakes, wine and coffee pods.
- Oil central heating and electricity included.
- Logs provided for the woodburner.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels as well as towels for the hot tub provided.
- Bathrobes provided. Slippers also provided on request.
- 2 hairdryers provided
- Travel cot and highchair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Stair gate provided.
- Wifi available
- Up to 3 dogs welcome
- No smoking inside the property please
- Additional items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets, dishcloths / scourers, foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet
- Parking spaces for up to 3 cars
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 3 Bathrooms
- Accepts 3 pets
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 13.5 Miles from a beach
- 0.7 Mile from a pub
- 0.4 Mile from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Visiting Spa Company Escape & Unwind Treatment Package
Couples, groups or individuals can book a 2, 3 or 4 hour treatment package from as little as £22 per person and enjoy some blissful indulgence and relaxation.
- £175.00 - £265.00
Bwthyn yr Ardd enjoys a rural, tranquil setting on the edge of Pont-rhyd-y-groes village in West Wales. A long private drive leads to 3.5 acres of serenity. Past the owners' home, your retreat is set in a secluded location within the grounds, featuring a fully enclosed garden and a private hot tub.
Cwtch Cafe and small shop for basics is just 0.4 mile from the doorstep and is open 7 days a week. The nearest pub (Miners Arms), which also serves Sunday lunch, is 0.7 mile and opens four times a week, including weekends. Some of the best places to eat locally includes Hafod Hotel at Devils Bridge (5 miles), Y Ffarmers in Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn (6 miles) and Maes Bangor in Capel Bangor (10 miles), not to mention the wide range of options at Aberystwyth and Aberaeron.
The bustling seaside town of Aberystwyth (15 miles) provides access to the splendour of Cardigan Bay. Home to Aberystwyth University and the National Library of Wales, the town also offers a great range of amenities including supermarkets and a Marks & Spencer store. It also features two beaches and a promenade, as well as direct access to the Wales Coast Path and the longest cliff railway in Britain.
Some of the main attractions in the area include the waterfalls and famous three bridges in Devil's Bridge, The Vale of Rheidol steam railway to Aberystwyth and the walks at Hafod Estate, one of the finest examples in Europe of a Picturesque landscape. Explore the Cambrian Mountains, seaside villages and towns such as Aberaeron and New Quay along the Cardigan Bay coastline, National Trust attractions such as Llanerchaeron and the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey). Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, Silver Mountain Experience and the Animalarium.
- Maenarthur Trail - circular 4.5 mile scenic walk incorporating sites of industrial heritage, a hill fort, forest, countryside and stunning gorge. Start from the doorstep.
- Ystwyth Trail - a 20 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron. Join the path mid-way, near Llanafan (4 miles)
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 7 miles from cottage
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11 miles
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade in Aberystwyth and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 15 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - as above.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 5 miles.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 9 miles
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. Dogs are allowed in low season. 15 miles from the cottage
- Llanrhystud South Beach - the nearest all year round dog-friendly beach. Sand and pebble. 20 miles
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from George Burrow Hotel, Ponterwyd (9 miles).
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 15 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 22 miles.
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 15 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 19 miles