National Parks Week – Celebrate the National Parks of Wales
Published: Tuesday 29th Jul 2014
Written by: Gareth Mahoney
This week (28th July – 3rd of August) is National Parks Week, a celebration of all things National Parks including the beauty, environment and the communities of our Parks. We are lucky enough in Wales to have three breathtaking National Parks, Snowdonia, Pembrokeshire Coast and Brecon Beacons, all great places to visit and explore.
Here at Best of Wales we’ve highlighted just a few must see things if you’re visiting one of our National Parks:-
Snowdonia National Park
- Climb Snowdon – at 1085 metres Snowdon is the highest peak in Wales. Choose from a number of routes to reach the summit including the Llanberis Path, Pyg and Miner’s trails. An alternative and less active option to get to the summit is by train on the Snowdon Mountain Railway.
- Take a trip on the Worlds Oldest Narrow Gauge Railway – Ffestiniog Railway takes in some of Snowdonia’s breathtaking scenery travelling from Porthmadog to Blaenau Ffestiniog.
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Walk the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path – The UK’s only coastal national park can be explored by following the 186 miles of path along its coast. Don’t worry if that sounds a bit strenuous the path can be walked in sections so you can enjoy as little or as much of it as you want.
- Take a boat trip – Head to Caldey, Skomer or Ramsay Island to explore the wildlife and unique landscape.
Brecon Beacons National Park
- Stargaze in a Dark Sky Reserve – The 1st Dark Sky Reserve in Wales and only the 5th in the World, Brecon Beacons is the perfect place for stargazers, with events scheduled throughout the year.
- Visit Waterfall Country – Set in the Southern End of the National Park this area is renowned for its waterfalls, and with over 25 miles of paths to explore you can even walk behind one of the waterfalls.
If you are thinking of visiting one of our National Parks, Best of Wales is here to help you with accommodation in Snowdonia, Pembrokeshire and Brecon Beacons. Contact our friendly team on 01650 511101 or e-mail email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.