What’s on in Wales – February Half Term
Published: Thursday 2nd Feb 2017
Written by: Gareth Mahoney
With the first school holidays of 2017 just around the corner we’ve pulled together a list of just some of the events taking place in Wales. So if you’re in search of great events to keep the children entertained then we’ve got Puddle Jumping, Pirates and Mud all waiting for you:
1. 18th – 26th of February – Half Term fun in the Garden with family activities – National Botanic Gardens of Wales, West Wales
There will be fun and games on every day, including zoo bugs and bug crafts, make and decorate your own rockets and constellation cards and look at the skies with telescopes.
There will also be a welcome return to the Garden by Jugglestruck, with shows on February 18th, 25th and 26th.
To round the week up there will be a very special St David’s Celebration Day in honour of our patron saint, with a food and craft fair and music by local choirs. Entry to this Celebration Day will be free to everyone.
2. 18th – 26th of February – Welsh Puddle Jumping Championships with Dusty Duck at WWT – Llanelli Wetland Centre, Llanelli, West Wales
Could you be the WWT Welsh Puddle Jumping Champion 2017? Grab your wellies and waterproofs and make a splash for the judges at the competition running daily at 2pm during half term. Prizes available daily as well as the chance to be the overall WWT champion.
3. 18th – 26th of February – Family Half Term Workshops – National Museum Cardiff, Cardiff, South Wales
A fun way for the whole family to learn more about the artists while uncovering hidden talents!
Places are limited so you will need to book on arrival
4. 18th – 26th of February – Pirate Week – Gower Heritage Centre, Gower, South Wales
A fun-filled week of pirate-themed events at The Gower Heritage Centre!
With gold panning, bouncy castle, craft activities and swashbuckling movies held in Wales’ smallest cinema, La Charrette and of course the opportunity to cross swords with infamous Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Charlotte Duberry!
5. 20th – 24th of February – Crafty Castle Creations – Carew Castle & Tidal Mill, Pembrokeshire
Paint a shield or make a lance ready for battle, create a dragon, a clay tile or even try calligraphy. Come along and make your own Castle creation! Activities change daily.
6. 20th – 24th of February – Mud Week – Plas Newydd House & Gardens, Anglesey
Since usually blessed with perfect mud making weather so we thought we’d celebrate!
From Mud Pie making to puddle splashing walks around the woods, get those wellies on and join us for some muddy fun!
No need to be a stick in the mud!
Booking not needed.
7. HwyNos – The Real Welsh Experience – The Plough Rhosmaen, Llandeilo, West Wales
Come and join the Real Welsh Experience with our HwylNos evening at The Plough Hotel And Restaurant on Friday the 24th of February. An evening of Welsh entertainment and food with Georgina Cornock-Evans Harpist, Carl Gough Storyteller, Dawnswyr Penrhyd, Bois y Castell and Aled Jones.
This event is aimed at visitors into the area (as well as locals) and showcases our Welsh culture and talent for you to enjoy while staying in the area.
Tickets are £15 (including a 3 course buffet) and are available from The Plough Rhosmaen ( 01558 823431). It’s going to be a great evening of entertainment, food and Hwyl.
Looking for accommodation for February Half Term, head to our search page or contact us on 01650 511101.