- £475 per week
- £68 per night
- 3 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 single bed
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Private parking
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
- Hot tub not currently available for Bwthyn Tre-faen
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Set on a working farm this pet-friendly Brecon Beacons Holiday Cottage is part of an award winning barn renovation. With excellent walking, cycling and other activities nearby it is an ideal location to take advantage of all the Brecon Beacons National Park has to offer. There are options for larger families or groups to stay in multiple properties on the site.
Open plan lounge and dining area with comfy leather sofa and a dining table with seating for 4. TV with DVD, Blu-ray and Freesat.
Handmade oak kitchen, fully equipped and includes electric hob and oven, dishwasher, large fridge freezer and washing machine.
Bedroom 1- Large master double bedroom with superb free standing roll bath, dressing table, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
Stylish Bathroom - includes shower unit, w.c and sink.
Bedroom 2 - Single bed with drawers and a skylight window that is ideal for stargazing.
To the front of the property is a farm yard and parking. The garden area has tables and chairs, a swinging chair and a large BBQ (gas).
- 1 pet allowed (£20)
- Please note this is located on a working farm.
- Bed linen and bath towels provided.
- Cot and high chair available. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Heating and electric included.
- Plenty of off road private parking.
- Mountain bikes available to hire from the farm (£25 full day or £15 half day ). Drop offs and pickups at nearby routes and trails can also be arranged.
- Secure bike storage on site.
- Cottage is located on a working farm and young children should not be left to wander around the farm unsupervised.
- Free WIFI - Please note this is rural broadband and may not be as fast as what your used to.
- Mobile signal is not guaranteed on all networks.
- Half a mile of private fishing rights on the River Crai (one of the tributaries of the world famous salmon river The Usk).
- Supermarket delivery available in the area.
- Bwthyn Tre-faen is located on the same farm as Llety Llyn y Fan , Bwthyn y Bannau and Ysgubor y Dderwen. All can be booked together to accommodate up to 36 people (including use of sofa beds).
- Winner of the Powys Business Awards
- Christmas tree with lights and a father Christmas over the festive period
- Please note that there is a Zero tolerance policy to noise disturbance and parties due to the village location
Bwthyn Tre-faen pet-friendly Brecon Beacons Holiday Cottage adjoins 2 other cottages and is on a working farm that includes a total of 4 holiday cottages. This 100 acre working farm provides plenty enough space for everyone. The farm specialises in prime organic lamb. The cottage is set in a farmyard in the quiet rural village of Cray, in the heart of the Brecon Beacons. This is red-kite country and kites can often be seen swooping above the farm.
The traditional old market town of Brecon is about 8 miles away while the nearest local pub, shops and petrol stations are in Sennybridge, about 3 miles away. Throughout the year there are many events in the area including the Brecon Jazz Festival, Hay Festival, Green Man Festival and the world renowned Royal Welsh Agricultural Show and Winter Fair both held in Builth Wells. The Rally also passes only a few miles from the cottage
Established in 1957 the Brecon Beacons National Park contains some of the most spectacular and distinctive upland formations in southern Britain covering an area of 1347 sq km (520 sq miles).There are numerous attractions in the area including the spectacular Ystradfellte Waterfalls, the Brecon Mountain Railway and Dan yr Ogof Caves which is one of Wales’ premier family attractions and was also voted Britain’s finest natural wonder. The Brecon Beacons is the first National Park in the United Kingdom to achieve Geopark status.
Despite its rural and peaceful location the cottage enjoys great road links to both Swansea (around 45 mins) and Cardiff (around 50mins) and the main bus route to Brecon is located only a short walk away from the cottage.
Spectacular walks can be found in the Beacons National Park with the peaks of Pen y Fan, Cornddu and Criban, as well as the 90 kilometre Epynt Way. Paths run directly from the cottage. 0.1 miles.
The cottage includes half a mile of private fishing on the River Crai a tributary of the famous salmon river The Usk. 0.1 miles.
Routes are abundant including great road cycling and the famous 'Devils Elbow' climb nearby. You can also ride along the River Wye from the source, through the Brecon Beacons National Park. Local trails and country routes. 3.2 miles.
Situated in the Brecon Beacons National Park, Gilfach Equitation offers trekking, mountain riding, riding lessons, and riding courses. 5 miles.
Cradoc Golf Club is an 18 hole course and floodlit driving range. There are spectacular views over the Brecon Beacons and Pen y Fan. 10 miles.
Water sport enthusiasts are well catered for with the River Usk providing white water canoeing. 3.0 miles. and Llangorse Lake. 18 miles.