A beautiful, well presented home - the perfect setting for large families and group get-togethers. Semi-detached accommodation with hot tub facilities, woodburner, an amazing view and set in a highly convenient location. Walking distance to lovely village pub / restaurant, Machynlleth market town (the ancient capital of Wales) and within 10 miles of lovely sandy beaches, Snowdonia and much more.
Spacious family kitchen with modern units, electric range oven, built in dishwasher, fridge freezer, large slow cooker, cafetiere and washing machine. Easy access to decking and outside seating, BBQ area and hot tub.
Dining room with a large oak dining table and chairs for 10 in front of a lovely bay window that makes the most of the glorious views. Library with a selection of books, maps and games for children and adults.
Beautiful, welcoming lounge with another scenic bay window, cosy woodburner and a large 50” TV with freeview and DVD player. 2 leather sofas and a low coffee table, wooden floor with a large rug.
Cloak room - Spacious downstairs toilet.
Upstairs - First Floor
3 double bedrooms all with a wall mounted TV, built in wardrobe, dressing table and stool and a chest of drawers. Towels and locally made Welsh soap also provided in every bedroom.
Bedroom 1 – Large, light and airy bedroom with king size bed, en suite shower room and toilet. Rear garden views.
Bedroom 2 - Large comfortable bedroom with king size bed, en suite shower room and an amazing view down the Dyfi estuary.
Bedroom 3 - Beautiful double bedroom with the same amazing view as bedroom 2.
Family Bathroom - Modern spa bath to relax and unwind with over bath shower, wash basin and WC.
Upstairs - Second Floor
Attic landing - spacious area with children’s toys, table and chairs.
Bedroom 4 & 5 - Two attic rooms, both laid out as twin bedrooms. Please note that these twin beds can also be arranged as king beds on request. Please let us know in advance if this is your preference.
Surrounded by its own grounds, this beautiful accommodation with hot tub facilities offers the perfect setting to relax and enjoy the stunning estuary views. Decking with garden furniture for up to 10 guests, BBQ area with gas BBQ facilities and a hot tub with a view. Enclosed lawn area with some outdoor toys.
The expansive front garden is beautifully tiered in a way that blends naturally into the amazing landscape beyond. Sitting on the garden bench, you really could believe that the view in front of you is all yours.
- Welcome homemade cake is provided on arrival with complimentary tea, coffee, sugar, milk, olive oil and dried herbs.
- Central heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 3 hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Logs for the wood burner and gas for the BBQ provided at no extra cost
- Fireguard available if you have young children in your group
- Self catering accommodation with hot tub facilities
- Travel cot and high chair and stairgate provided. Please bring your own linen for the cot.
- Dishwasher tablets and basic cleaning equipment provided
- No pets or smoking
- Private parking spaces for up to 5 cars
- Lockable garage available for bike storage
- Co-op is your local supermarket which caters for all your grocery needs (can deliver)
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 1 Double bed
- 4 Zip&link beds
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 10 Miles from a beach
- 0.5 Mile from a pub
- 1.5 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
We had a lovely stay, perfect for our big family get together at Christmas. A lovely property and excellent personal service.Jackie from Middlesex - 3rd January 2019
Absolutely stunning property the pictures online under sell it if anything! Just beautiful. Ms Rebekah White - 16th September 2018
We just loved the house. The views were stunning, the hot tub was gorgeous and all in all we had a wonderful family get-together. Wales is beautiful! Great company - excellent properties and service.Katie from North Somerset - 27th June 2018
The view from the front of the property is stunning. Lots of beautiful scenery in the area, and plenty to do.Carolyn from Vale of Glamorgan - 11th April 2018
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Visiting Spa Company Escape & Unwind Treatment Package
Couples, groups or individuals can book a 2, 3 or 4 hour treatment package from as little as £22 per person and enjoy some blissful indulgence and relaxation.
- £175.00 - £265.00
Plas Rhiwlas is a family run home from home situated in the picturesque surroundings of the Dyfi estuary. This large accommodation with hot tub facilities is set within its own private grounds, within walking distance to the lovely village pub / restaurant in Derwenlas. It offers panoramic views that extends naturally from the bottom of your garden.
Set in an elevated position, it is also just 1.5 miles from the vibrant and historic market town of Machynlleth. Known as the Ancient Capital of Wales, it offers an abundance of quirky shops, restaurants, cafés and takeaways along with a range of amenities such a supermarket, garages, banks etc. It is also home to the oldest street market in Britain every Wednesday and MOMA Wales, a showcase of modern Welsh art. A walking / cycling route leads directly from the village of Derwenlas to Machynlleth.
There are plenty of good eating establishments in the area, including Black Lion on your doorstep, the Pizzeria and Bistro Number 21 in Machynlleth and Glan yr Afon and Y Garth in Pennal (6 miles). It is also worth mentioning Sea Breeze restaurant in Aberdyfi (12 miles) and for some fine dining, the Michelin star restaurant at Ynyshir. There are good local pubs as well, including the White Lion in Machynlleth with a range of good ale.
Plas Rhiwlas is close to beautiful beaches, the university town of Aberystwyth and is an ideal location to visit the delights of Snowdownia National Park and the Ceredigion coast. Some of the main attractions nearby include Ynys Hir RSBP Reserve (recently televised ‘Springwatch’ location), the Centre for Alternative Technology and King Arthur’s Labyrinth (an underground adventure). The Dyfi Osprey Project and Tal-y-llyn steam railway also offer good days out and for something totally different; why not venture to Blaenau Ffestiniog for some zip wire and Bounce Below adventure.
- Lovely footpath that can be accessed from the cottage. 0 miles
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path within 0.5 mile of the cottage.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path in Machynlleth, 1.5 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (10 miles), Abergynolwyn (13.5 miles) and Dolgellau (17 miles).
- Cycle route to Machynlleth can be accessed from the cottage. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – 4 circular routes that can be joined in Machynlleth. 1.5 miles.
- Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (17 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 24 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. Permit required. 0 mile
- Sea fishing at Aberdyfi (12 miles) and Aberystwyth (16 miles)
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 2 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 12 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 12 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 10 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 12 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 12 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 17 miles