DescriptionSet in a quiet location by a little stream and woodland, this newly refurbished Machynlleth holiday cottage includes all modern facilities. It also offers cosy features such as beamed ceilings and an inglenook with a welcoming woodburner to relax after a long walk or a day out exploring the area. Superb walking and cycling trails nearby at the foot of the Cambrian Mountains with the beautiful Cardigan Bay coast nearby. Only 5 miles to the market town of Machynlleth with many cafes, restaurants and quaint shops, leisure centre and other amenities.
Light, airy kitchen with dining table that seats 5. Kitchen includes oven, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle.
Cosy living room with inglenook and woodburner, sofas and TV/DVD
Downstairs toilet and sink
Bedroom 1 - King size bed with views over stream and surrounding countryside. With two bedside cabinets, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Bedroom 2 - Single bed with wardrobe and bedside cabinet.
Bedroom 3 - Single bed, wardrobe and bedside cabinet in a room with views of fields. Also includes a sofa bed for extra accommodation on request.
Shower room with large shower, sink unit and toilet.
This Machynlleth holiday cottage enjoys a sizeable south facing garden with lawn, flower beds, and patio area with garden furniture. Fully enclosed beside a babbling brook with its own bridge. Barbecue and clothes line also available.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea, coffee, milk, sugar and cakes.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Heating and electricity included.
- Initial supply of logs provided for log burner free of charge. Extra logs available from owner for £5 per large basket load.
- Travel cot and stairgate provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Wifi available
- Please note that there's no mobile signal at the cottage - perfect for a digital detox that's very popular these days. However, if you have an iPhone 5 or higher, it's possible to make Wifi calls.
- No pets or smoking inside cottage
- Plenty of private parking space available.
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film, food bags, teatowel, washing powder, olive oil, vinegar
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray, clothes horse
- Sleeps 4
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Sofa bed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Saturday changeover
- 15 Miles from a beach
- 5 Miles from a pub
- 5 Miles from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- No highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
Beautiful rural spot and warm cosy accommodation from which to explore in. This is a place to stay for those that like walking and the countryside. You do need a car to get around. Do go to the coast, Aberdovey (seaside town on edge of estuary, good for beach and paddling, boats, strong currents for swimming so be cautious) and Ynyslas (a beautiful sandy beach through a walk through sand dunes). Climb Cader Idris, and if you like Gin stop off at the Dyfi Craft Centre nearby to pick up some amazing bottles of gin (pricey but good).Family from London - 31st July 2017
Very relaxing and peaceful
We enjoyed, The Royal Ship in Dolgellau, which serves excellent food all dayFamily from Monmouthshire - 25th July 2017
An excellent place to stay if you want peace and quiet but still be within easy reach of all the facilities you may need.
Recommendations: Dyfi Osprey Project is excellent as is Bwlch Nant yr Arian near Aberystwyth for Red Kite feeding. Also Lake Vyrnwy worth visiting. Quarry cafe and Hennigans chippy in Machynlleth both excellent and Chives, Eastgate Street in Aberystwyth is worth the drive there.Pat and Richard from Chester - 27th June 2017
Very welcoming with treats on arrival. In immaculate condition. Lovely and warm. Cosy. Great little bridge and stream.
Recommendations: The dunes walk at Ynys las. Beer garden at back of White Lion. Lunch on the seafront at Victoria Inn, Borth.Group from London - 3rd May 2017
It was brilliant. The property is stunning. They have refurbished it to a high standard and the local is beautiful next to the stream.
Machynlleth is a lovely town to visit and it is worth a drive to Dolgellau and Meirion Mill.Georgina from Wigan - 8th April 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Located in a small hamlet not far from the village of Aberhosan, this lovely Machynlleth holiday cottage is in peaceful surroundings with a little stream at the edge of the garden and an adjoining woodland for tranquil walks. The cottage is semi detached and the large south facing garden offers the perfect setting to relax and enjoy the song of the birds.
This Machynlleth holiday cottage is just 5 miles from the town itself – a beautiful market town which is also the Ancient Capital of Wales. Machynlleth offers lovely little cafes, plenty of unique shops, two supermarkets and a number of good restaurants. Some of the recommended restaurants include Number 21 and Wynnstay in Machynlleth, Black Lion in Derwenlas (8 miles) and Glanyrafon in Pennal (10 miles). You will also find all the amenities you need in Machynlleth including banks, garages and a number of takeaways and pubs (including the White Lion and White Horse).
Amongst the main attractions are the sandy beaches at Aberdyfi and Ynys Las (at opposite ends of the Dyfi estuary) and the glorious mountains of Snowdonia. You also have a number of great days out to choose from, including a relaxing ride on Talyllyn Railway, a visit to the RSPB Reserve and Ospreys Project at Ynyshir, the Centre for Alternative Technology, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Mines. The seaside town of Aberystwyth is also worth a visit, home to the National Library of Wales, Vale of Rheidol railway, a traditional cinema and the largest arts centre in Wales.
- Moel Fadian. A footpath that leads to the highest trig point in Montgomeryshire - with great views across to the Pumlumon range. 1 mile
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path 0.5 mile from cottage.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path in Machynlleth, 5 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (15 miles), Abergynolwyn (18 miles) and Dolgellau (20 miles).
- Sustrans Way – the Machynlleth to Caersws section can be joined on the Machynlleth - Llanidloes mountain road, less than 2 miles from the cottage.
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 5 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (23 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 29 miles
- River Dulas. 2 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. 5 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 4 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 15 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 19 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 15 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 18 miles
- Clywedog Sailing Club - 6 mile lake, open to all types of non powered watercraft from canoes and sailboards to dinghies, cruisers and keelboats. 10 miles.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 15 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre near Aberystwyth. 25 miles