Lovely, detached and newly refurbished cottage set in the small and quiet village of Llanwrin in the heart of the Dyfi Valley. Beautiful and tranquil setting with its own enclosed garden, only 3.5 miles to Machynlleth market town (the ancient capital of Wales) and within 10 miles of lovely sandy beaches, Snowdonia and much more. A great location to explore Mid Wales with a variety of attractions and plenty of restaurants, cafes and pubs nearby.
Living area - Spacious open plan living area with plenty of natural light, including a vaulted ceiling, to create a sense of true relaxation. The barn has underfloor heating throughout, exposed 18th century cruck oak beams and French doors that open up to the garden.
Lounge Area - The lounge area provides a comfortable sitting area includes a 40’ TV with Freeview and a coffee table.
Kitchen and Dining Area - Fully equipped kitchen with country style units that comprises of a built in dishwasher, oven and hob and a washing machine. It also includes a microwave, fridge freezer, a kettle, cutlery and saucepans. Dining table overlooking the private garden.
Master Bedroom - A spacious room with a king sized bed. The room includes two wardrobes and a dresser.
Bedroom 2 - King sized bed that can be arranged as two singles on request.* This room overlooks the garden and includes a wardrobe and a dresser and a 24'‘ TV with built in DVD player.
A private and enclosed garden area with picnic table and BBQ facility.
- Welcome pack on arrival, including a cake with tea and coffee, sugar and milk.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- *Please note at the time of booking if you would like Bedroom 2 arranged as two x 2.6 feet wide single beds rather than a king bed.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- No pets or smoking inside cottage
- Wifi available
- Ironing facilities
- Plenty of private parking space
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 1 Zip&link bed
- 1 Sofa bed
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 12 Miles from a beach
- 3.5 Miles from a pub
- 3.5 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- No highchair available
- No travel cot available
A very comfortable cottage, well eguipped, clean, nice and helpful owners. The owners have done a splendid job in refurbishing/renovating the barn!
Check the official snowdonia site for walks. The panorama walk from Barmouth and the Minffordd walk of Cader idris (http://www.eryri-npa.gov.uk) are beautiful. The nearby Dyfi Woods offer nice short walks (http://www.naturalresources.wales/dyfiforest) Dollegau is a town with character.Carolien from Dordrecht, the Netherlands - 1st August 2017
Excellent accommodation, excellent surroundings, excellent welcome by the owners, 10/10. We had a lovely day at the Talyllyn Railway. Beautiful scenery, excellent customer service and wonderful lunch and afternoon tea put on for us on our Drive a Steam Train Experience. Wonderful day by all and good value for money.Family from Shropshire - 5th June 2017
Such a lovely place to stay in gorgeous surroundings. We were very privileged to be the first people to stay here and left very impressed. All the fittings and furnishings were of a superior quality and you will find everything you need for a quiet break away and a good nights sleep!David from West Sussex - 4th May 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This newly refurbished barn conversion enjoyes a tranquil setting in the small and quiet village of Llanwrin on the outskirts of Machynlleth. Located in the heart of the Dyfi Valley, this is a great, central location to explore Mid, North and West Wales and its wide range of attractions.
The historic market town of Machynlleth (3.5 miles) is also known as the Ancient Capital of Wales. It offers an abundance of quirky shops, restaurants, cafés and takeaways along with a range of amenities such a supermarket, garages, banks etc. It is also home to the oldest street market in Britain every Wednesday and MOMA Wales, a showcase of modern Welsh art. Amongst the best places to eat in the area is Bistro Number 21 and the Wynnstay in Machynlleth, Glan yr Afon and Y Garth in Pennal (5 miles), and Brigands Inn in Mallwyd (8.5 miles). There are good local pubs as well, including the White Lion in Machynlleth with a range of local ale.
The cottage is close to beautiful beaches, the university town of Aberystwyth and is an ideal location to visit the delights of Snowdownia National Park and the Ceredigion coast. Some of the main attractions in the area include Cors Dyfi Nature Reserve and Ynys Hir RSBP Reserve, Dyfi Osprey Project, the Centre of Alternative Technology and King Arthur's Labyrinth (an underground adventure). Other recommended days out include Dovey Valley Clay Shooting, Falconry Experience Wales, Tal-y-llyn Steam Railway and numerous scenic walks in all directions. For something totally different; why not venture to Blaenau Ffestiniog for some zip wire and Bounce Below adventure.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path at Ffriddgate, 2.4 miles.
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path at Cemmaes Road, 2.7 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (10 miles), Abergynolwyn (13 miles) and Dolgellau (17 miles).
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – 4 circular routes that can be joined in Machynlleth - cycle route from Ffriddgate to Machynlleth. 2.4 miles.
- Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (17 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 24 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. Permit required. 0.5 mile
- Sea fishing at Aberdyfi (12 miles) and Aberystwyth (22 miles)
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 3.5 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 12 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 12 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 17 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 12 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 22 miles