If you’re looking for a peaceful, quiet and totally relaxing break, this beautiful Machynlleth accommodation is exactly what you need. Set within its own enclosed garden it enjoys lovely countryside views and a great location close to mountains and coast. With two log burners, this spacious cottage is also extremely cosy – perfect after a long day of walking or cycling. Various attractions nearby.
Farmhouse kitchen with original slate floor and modern oak kitchen units. Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher included.
Spacious, beamed dining room with table seating for 6 and lovely countryside views. Original slate floor and logburner for those colder nights. Large comfy settee and TV with Freeview.
A modern, warm and inviting lounge with wool carpet, a comfortable settee, logburner, TV with Freeview and DVD player. Light and airy room with windows to both front and back – perfect for complete relaxation.
Lockable utility with washing facilities, washing machine and tumble drier. Ideal for storing and washing bicycles.
Front double bedroom 1 - A large double bedroom with a deep comfy mattress and warm Welsh Tapestry Quilt. Laura Ashley furnishings with matching pine wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets.
Front double bedroom 2 - Also offering a deep comfy mattress, warm Welsh Tapestry Quilt and Laura Ashley furnishings with matching pine wardrobe, dressing table and bedside cabinets. The original slate fireplace adds to the character of the room.
Single bedroom 1 - Spacious bedroom with a single bed, deep mattress and warm Welsh Blanket. Tastefully furnished with matching pine wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Single bedroom 2 - Spacious single bedroom with a deep mattress and warm Welsh Blanket. Pine furniture, similar to bedroom 1.
Family Bathroom with a white bathroom suite. Shower over bath and lovely countryside views.
This detached Machynlleth accommodation is set within its own enclosed garden. There’s a lawn area and flower beds at the front of the house with seating on the patio - the ideal setting to enjoy the lovely views of Cader Idris and the surrounding farmland.
Large enclosed yard at the rear of the house with grassed area.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels included
- Heating and electricity included
- Starter pile of logs provided for free. Additional logs can be purchased from the owner.
- Wifi available
- Cot available on request (please bring your own cot linen)
- Welcome pack, tea towels, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, foil and toilet rolls are also provided.
- No pets or smoking allowed inside this Machynlleth accommodation
- Plenty of parking spaces
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Sleeps 6
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Double beds
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 16 Miles from a beach
- 4 Miles from a pub
- 4 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- No highchair available
- Travel cot available
Great value for money. Owners were very positive and friendly. Good family facilities.Paul from Oxford - 5th September 2018
It was very smooth. Everything was clean and modern. The location looked fantastic and was just a short drive to Machynlleth Town Centre.
Recommendations: The Comedy Festival is my favourite place in the world but having holidayed there before, Aberdyfi and the Centre For Alternative Technolgy are both great.Guests from London - 2nd May 2017
Excellent. Lovely tranquil location. Excellent cottage facilities. Very comfortable beds. Very clean everywhere.Chris from Leeds - 25th April 2017
We visited Machynlleth to go to the comedy festival. The property was fantastic, we felt very at home and had everything we needed.Group of friends from Cardiff - 2nd May 2016
We spent a weekend in mid Wales, and Y Llwyn was the perfect base for us to explore the area from! It was very clean and Eryl, the owner, was very helpful and made it very easy. Don't miss dinner at the fabulous Ynyshir Hall - incredible!Friends from Pontypool - 19th April 2016
Stunning location and cottage
We would really like to return to stay at the cottage again, soon. Make sure you take walking boots and to see the countryside you definately need a car.Eva and Family - 30th December 2015
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
A detached farmhouse set amidst the beautiful countryside of Mid-Wales. Peaceful and quiet it enjoys some amazing local views of Cader Idris and the majestic mountains of Snowdonia. This Machynlleth accommodation is just 4 miles from the town itself – a beautiful market town which is also the Ancient Capital of Wales. You also have a footpath and a cycle route from the doorstep so you could just forget about the car if you wish.
Machynlleth itself offers lovely little cafes, plenty of unique shops, two supermarkets and a number of good restaurants if you prefer to eat out. Some of the recommended restaurants include Number 21 and Wynnstay in Machynlleth, Black Lion in Derwenlas (6 miles) and Glanyrafon in Pennal (8 miles). You will also find all the amenities you need in Machynlleth including banks, garages and a number of takeaways and pubs (including the Wynnstay and White Lion).
Some of the main attractions from this Machynlleth accommodation include the sandy beaches at Aberdyfi and Ynys Las (both 14 miles at opposite ends of the estuary), Talyllyn Railway and the RSPB Reserve and Ospreys Project at Ynyshir. You also have the glorious mountains of Snowdonia to explore and attractions such as the Centre for Alternative Technology, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Mines.
- Lovely local footpath that can be accessed from the cottage. 0 miles
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path in Forge, 3 miles.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path in Machynlleth, 4 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (14 miles), Abergynolwyn (17 miles) and Dolgellau (22 miles).
- Sustrans Way can be accessed from the cottage. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking –All routes start from Machynlleth. 4 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (22 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 28 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. 4 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 4 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 16 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 19 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 16 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 19 miles