Perfect for family get-togethers, reunions and special occasions, this is a spacious and detached 5 star property for large groups. Special features include a hot tub with a view, woodburners, large bedrooms (all with televisions), two living rooms and two kitchens. Within walking distance of a lovely village pub / restaurant and less than 2 miles to Machynlleth market town (the ancient capital of Wales) and Snowdonia National Park.
Kitchen 1 - Family kitchen with modern units, electric range oven, built in dishwasher, fridge freezer, large slow cooker, cafetiere and washing machine. Easy access to decking and outside seating, BBQ area and hot tub.
Kitchen 2 - Another modern kitchen which includes a microwave, electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, cafetiere and large slow cooker. Adjoining utility with a washing machine.
Dining room 1 - large oak dining table and chairs for 10 -16 in front of a lovely bay window that makes the most of the glorious views. Library with a selection of books, maps and games for children and adults.
Dining room 2 - spacious room with an oak table for 6 and two comfy armchairs.
Lounge 1 - Beautiful, welcoming lounge with another scenic bay window and seats, woodburner and a large 50” TV with freeview and DVD player. 2 leather sofas and a low coffee table - can sit up to 16 guests.
Lounge 2 - Another spacious living room / retreat, also with a woodburner, large TV, 2 x two seaters sofas and chairs for up to 8 guests.
2 separate toilets with wash hand basin.
Upstairs - First Floor
6 double bedrooms all with a wall mounted TV, windows seats to enjoy the views, wardrobes and chest of drawers. Towels and locally made Welsh soap also provided in every bedroom.
Bedroom 1 – Large, light and airy bedroom with king size bed, en suite shower room and toilet. Rear garden views.
Bedroom 2 - Large comfortable bedroom with king size bed, en suite shower room and an amazing view down the Dyfi estuary.
Bedroom 3 - Beautiful double bedroom with the same amazing view as bedroom 2.
Family Bathroom - Modern spa bath to relax and unwind with over bath shower, wash basin and WC.
Bedroom 4 - Spacious ensuite bedroom with king size bed and 2 chairs. Ensuite with double rain shower, WC and wash hand basin. Rear garden views.
Bedroom 5 - Lovely room with double bed, chair and views over the hot tub and patio.
Bedroom 6 - Double aspect room with king size bed, stool and views over the valley and patio.
Bathroom - freestanding double sided bath, separate rain shower, WC, heated towel rail, wash hand basin.
Upstairs - Second Floor
Attic landing - spacious area with children’s toys, table and chairs.
Bedroom 7 & 8 - Two attic rooms, both laid out as twin bedrooms. Please note that these twin beds can also be arranged as king beds on request. Please let us know in advance if this is your preference.
Rhiwlas is surrounded by its own enclosed grounds and enjoys stunning views over the Dyfi Valley and estuary. The hot tub for 6 is situated to make the most of these views, as well as the elevated decking area where you can enjoy alfresco dining. Gas BBQ facilities provided along with some outdoor toys.
Beautifully tiered front garden that blends naturally into the amazing landscape beyond. Sitting on the garden bench, it feels like the garden extends all the way to the river Dyfi.
- Welcome homemade cake is provided on arrival with complimentary tea, coffee, sugar, milk, olive oil and dried herbs.
- Central heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Logs for the wood burner and gas for the BBQ provided at no extra cost
- Two travel cots, a high chair and stairgate provided. Please bring your own linen for the cot.
- Fireguard available if you have young children in your group
- Dishwasher tablets and basic cleaning equipment provided
- Ironing board and iron x 2
- No pets or smoking
- Private parking spaces for up to 5 cars
- Lockable garage available for bike storage
- Co-op is your local supermarket which caters for all your grocery needs (can deliver)
- Sleeps 16
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 King size/super king beds
- 2 Double beds
- 4 Zip&link beds
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 10 Miles from a beach
- 0.5 Mile from a pub
- 1.5 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
The weekend was nothing short of fantastic!! Everything was as we expected and the owners even backed us some local dishes with some wine when we arrived. We will absolutely be coming back soon.Cook Family from UK - 10th December 2018
Plas Rhiwlas is a really charming house, the accommodation is not only delightful, but very flexible for a large family party and then there's all the thoughtful touches. A whole cupboard filled with games and toys for the youngsters, a complete selection of beverages, condiments, milk, cake and a complimentary bottle of wine in the kitchen for arrival. The hot-tub had also been pre-heated. So the holiday started as we walked through the door! John and Annie are wonderful hosts, available if needed. The valley views were captivating from sunrise to sunset...on the barbecue terrace. Mr R Mooney - 10th October 2018
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Rhiwlas is a family run, beautiful holiday home in an elevated position that enjoys panoramic views over the Dyfi estuary. Set within its own grounds, it offers privacy as well as the benefit of being within walking distance to the village pub / restaurant in Derwenlas.
The vibrant and historic market town of Machynlleth (the Ancient Capital of Wales) is within 2 miles and a walking / cycling route from the village of Derwenlas gives you the option of going to town car-free. Machynlleth is home to Owain Glyndwr's Old Parliament House and also the oldest street market in Britain every Wednesday. In addition to the quirky shops, restaurants and cafés, it is also worth visiting MOMA Wales, a showcase of modern Welsh art. The town also offers a range of amenities such a supermarket, garages, banks and take-aways.
There are plenty of good restaurants nearby with Black Lion being the closest, more or less on your doorstep. Machynlleth offers restaurants such as Bistro Number 21, Wynnstay and the Pizzeria whilst Glan yr Afon and Y Garth in Pennal (6 miles) are also recommended. For some fine dining, you have a Michelin star restaurant just 4 miles away at Ynyshir. There are good local pubs as well, including the White Lion in Machynlleth with a range of good ale.
Rhiwlas offers easy access to beautiful sandy beaches, the university town of Aberystwyth and the delights of Snowdownia National Park. Some of the main attractions nearby include Ynys Hir RSBP Reserve, the Centre for Alternative Technology and King Arthur’s Labyrinth (an underground adventure). The Dyfi Osprey Project and Tal-y-llyn steam railway also offer good days out and for something totally different; why not venture to Blaenau Ffestiniog for some zip wire and Bounce Below adventure.
- Lovely footpath that can be accessed from the cottage. 0 miles
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path within 0.5 mile of the house.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path in Machynlleth, 1.5 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (10 miles), Abergynolwyn (13.5 miles) and Dolgellau (17 miles).
- Cycle route to Machynlleth can be accessed from the cottage. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – 4 circular routes that can be joined in Machynlleth. 1.5 miles.
- Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (17 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 24 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. Permit required. 0 mile
- Sea fishing at Aberdyfi (12 miles) and Aberystwyth (16 miles)
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 2 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 12 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 12 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 10 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 12 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 12 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 17 miles