Ystabl y Berwyn
Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog, North Wales Borderlands
- Special OfferUp to 15% off Special Offer Discount - selected dates
- £602 per week
- £86 per night
- 6 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- River views
- Countryside views
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Preferred changeover day: Friday/Monday
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
For a peaceful holiday in idyllic countryside this beautifully converted stone barn ticks all the boxes. Surrounded by 600 acres of farmland, the property sits in the heart of the Berwyn Mountains over looking the River Ceiriog. Semi-detached, alongside Ysgubor y Berwyn (BOW152), the two properties can be booked together, to accommodate two families, friends or larger parties.
Ystably y Berwyn is thoughtfully decorated and retains many of the buildings original features such as oak beams and double height ceilings. The barn is comfortable and spacious with generous sized bedrooms and a cosy lounge with wood burner. The kitchen opens out through patio doors to a private terrace and is well equipped for preparing meals while socialising with family and friends. On the terrace you can enjoy a relaxing dip in the hot tub while taking in views over the valley. There are many scenic walks and mountain bike routes from the door and wildlife is everywhere, Lloyd George once described the area as 'a little bit of heaven on Earth'.
The Berwyn Mountains are beautiful, unspoilt and in a relatively unknown area situated in the north-east region of Wales with many walking opportunities. The local village of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog has two inns, The Hand and The West Arms, both serving good food. Other attractions in the area include Pistyll Rhaeadr (9 miles), Llangollen (15 miles) and Bala (27 miles).
- Lounge/Dining room: a large welcoming room with double height ceilings and oak beams, wood burner, 2 and 3 seater sofas 32” TV with family satellite package, DVD player, sofa table, large windows and glass door leading outside.
For dining there is a wooden dining table and chairs for 6 people.
- Kitchen: fully fitted kitchen with patio doors leading to an outdoor terrace. Equipped with fridge-freezer, hob, microwave and washer/dryer.
- Bathroom: bath with electric shower over, basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- Shower room: walk in shower, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 1: king sized four poster bed, dressing table, side drawers with bedside lamps, built in wardrobe, large window and door leading to the front patio.
- Bedroom 2: super king sized bed (can be arranged as twin on request), bedside tables with lamps and dressing table, built in wardrobe, arched window and door leading to the front patio.
- Bedroom 3: single bed, wardrobe side table and dressing table, door leading to the rear patio.
- Bedroom 4: single bed, wardrobe side table and dressing table, door leading to the rear patio.
The property is surrounded by farm land with hills and fields and a river runs below the cottage. The enclosed, elevated rear patio enjoys beautiful views over the river and towards the mountains. It is also equipped with a hot tub, garden furniture (table and chairs with parasol) and charcoal barbecue. A separate, enclosed play area includes swings and a slide.
There are flower beds along the river and to the front of the elevated patio. Please note that this riverside area is not fenced.
- Heating and electricity: included. First basket of logs provided, then £5 per bag there after.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels: provided.
- Travel cot, high-chair: available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Hairdryers: 1
- Pets: no pets.
- No smoking inside the property please.
- Water: private.
- Parking: plenty of space for 3 cars.
- Fishing: if you would like to fish in the river, please contact us prior to your stay.
Brilliant area. Brilliant cottage. Brilliant hosts. Brilliant hot tub.
Host Liz and Partner was very friendly, even provided my two autistic children with toy tractors to play with. Property was clean and very welcoming and felt very safe here and the hot tub was a massive perk which we all very much enjoyed.
Delightful cottage. Wonderful host. Very friendly and helpful. Clean and very well equipped. Lovely holiday!
Had a warm welcome from the owners. Lovely spot with a stream nearby , lots of walks on your doorstep. Comfortable beds and a cosy living room with the log burner. Kitchen was well stocked with everything that you need to cook most meals. Hot tub was fabulous and easy to use. Would definitely recommend this property and will be returning.
This is a lovely roomy and comfortable property. The location is great for scenery and is really peaceful. The hosts were there to greet us and were really friendly, stopping to chat and give recommendations about restaurants and locations to visit. They made us feel very welcome. They made a great effort with the children by including them in the shearing of the sheep, gave them the fun 'job' of jumping on the fleece when they were being packed. The surroundings are really picturesque, and driving around country lanes was fantastic, as round every corner you got lovely scenery or you could be chasing young pheasants into the hedges or undergrowth. Altogether a fantastic experience, with plenty of places and attractions to visit with children.
The property was completely as advertised and more! Such a beautiful, quiet location. It had everything you could possibly need for your stay and felt like a home away from home. Hot tub was a massive bonus and had beautiful views of the surrounding Welsh countryside. Amazing value for money and we would return.
Wonderful, peaceful location that's tucked out if the way, with the mist amazing views in all directions. Haven't met friendlier or more welcoming hosts anywhere, nearby if needed but unobtrusive. A lovely relaxing holiday, thank you.
The barn was wonderful, spotlessly clean. It was great to come back after day trips out to relax in the hot tub. Set in a quiet valley with no through traffic overlooking a small stream. Cows and sheep are kept at the farm, plus several working dogs. Our hosts Liz and Rein were so friendly and always willing to help, even helped load our suitcases onto our roof carrier when we were packing up for the next leg of our journey. We really didn’t want to leave and will definitely pass the details on to our family and friends. Berwyn Barns deserves a 5 star rating and we will definitely be back.
Lovely comfortable cottage away from everything. Hot tub which was used most nights. Stayed over Xmas 2022. Owners really friendly. We had a lot of rain that week so spent a lot of time inside. Warm and cosy with wood burner. Would certainly return
The owners are very friendly and welcoming towards their guests. The cottage is very clean and cozy. The view from the rear is wonderful and the hot tub is always just right. We’ve been before and we will certainly visit again!