If you're looking for the wow factor, look no further than this amazing sea view accommodation with a brand new hot tub. Plas y Mor is a large 5 star house in a spectacular setting, within its own large garden and overlooking a 4 mile long sandy beach. Combined with peace and privacy, it offers the perfect get-away for your large group of family gathering. Spacious, well equipped and with great additional features such as a games room, this is Llyn Peninsula at its very best.
You could easily live in the kitchen / dining room and forget to explore the rest of the house... The six glass panels frame the unrivalled view of Porth Neigwl beach and far beyond to Snowdonia and incorporate double patio doors opening out onto a large slate patio area.
The kitchen is light, modern and spacious with slate grey and stone coloured cupboards with granite tops. It's well equipped for large groups with 2 single ovens, 2 dishwashers, a large induction hob, larder fridge and separate larder freezer, microwave, slow cooker and coffee machine. There is ample seating around the large dining table with the island providing extra work surface or a breakfast bar. Tiled floor. For those winter evenings the kitchen even has a woodburner, wall mounted TV and leather settee.
A large sitting room with corner leather settee and large wall mounted TV shares the double fronted woodburner with the kitchen. Carpeted floor. Three windows make this room lovely and light and it enjoys more of the fabulous views.
A second large living room with the original 1920's tiled fireplace (not in use) and lovely traditional Welsh dresser. Another large flat screen TV and dvd player. Carpeted floor.
Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Plenty of coat and boot space.
Wet room style shower room with heated towel rail and hand dryer.
Bedroom 1 - Large ground floor, ensuite family bedroom with patio doors opening out onto the lawn. Wake up at this sea view accommodation to the vast blue expanse of sea that is the largest beach on the Peninsula. So peaceful and private - king size bed and bunks and flat screen TV. Ensuite shower room with wet room style shower and towel rail.
Entrance hall with original parquet floor.
Bedroom 2 - Lovely room with a king sized iron bed.
Bedroom 3 - Oak double bed and built in wardrobe. Lovely view of the Rhiw mountain with its carpets of heather and gorse.
Bedroom 4 - Twin beds and exposed red brick wall and tiled fireplace (not in use).
Bedroom 5 - This lovely room has a king size iron bed and oak furniture. The furnishings complement the old blue tiled fireplace (not in use).
A lovely 1920's arched entrance to the bathrooms at the back of the house:
Shower room with large shower cubicle and heated towel rail.
Large bathroom with lovely modern freestanding bath and exposed original red brick wall. Modern industrial styled oversized sink with iron frame and heated towel rail
A small sitting area ideal for children or teenagers wanting their own private area to watch TV.
Shower room with shower cubicle and heated towel rail
Bedroom 6 - Lovely twin room
Large, enclosed lawned area with magnificent views. Large patio and garden furniture, including a large gas BBQ set and a brand new hot tub.
This sea view accommodation also has an outside games room with darts board, table tennis, football game, air hockey and large Connect 4 game. Ideal for wet weather.
- Welcome pack with local produce on arrival
- Heating and electricity included
- First (large) basket of logs provided for free and additional logs can also be purchased locally during your stay.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- *Beauty therapy and massage treatments can also be booked for your stay - further details can be provided on request*
- Hairdryer provided in each bedroom
- Cot and highchair provided on request. Please bring your own cot bedding.
- No smoking inside
- Up to 2 pets welcome (additional £30 per pet)
- Plenty of private parking space available
- This property has a £200 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Property available to let for any length of stay between 2 nights (min) and 7 nights (max)
- Please note that the maximum number of guests allowed to stay on site is 14 at any one time - no additional camping allowed
- Prices include all heating and electricity in the house but please note that there is a meter for the heating in the games room which uses £1 coins or 20p's
- Sleeps 14
- 6 Bedrooms
- 3 King size/super king beds
- 1 Double bed
- 4 Single beds
- 1 Bunk bed
- 5 Bathrooms
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Open fire or woodburner
- Accepts 2 pets
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Friday changeover
- 0.5 Mile from a beach
- 4 Miles from a pub
- 4 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- Games room
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No travel cot available
Superbly located and equipped property, highly recommended.Sally from Royston - 3rd January 2018
Super property with an amazing view of Hells Mouth in a beautiful country.
Recommends: Super sandy beaches - numerous.Family from Denbighshire - 2nd September 2017
Fabulous property. with unbeatable views.
Kitchen became our favourite room. Comfortable bedrooms with quality home furnishings. Heating and hot showers were excellent. Great coastal walks. Super wifi and phone connections for teenagers.Tracy and Family - 28th August 2017
After coming to Llyn every year throughout the 60's, 70's,80's and 90's, our family (plus younger generations) reassembled this year, and Plas y Môr was the perfect venue. Every one of us (ranging from 16-83) had a wonderful stay, and we were bowled over by the house and the views. Thank you so much for the amazing transformation you have brought to this houseThe Coe Family - 14th July 2017
We have been to various holiday cottages but Plas y Mor beats them all. Your beautiful home went beyond our expectations and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We definitely have wonderful memories of our holiday and we hope to come back again. If we were to give marks out of 10 Plas y Mor would get 11.
Kadziramge Family - 22nd June 2017
We have absolutely fallen in love with the place. Beautiful home, amazing view, homely gestures, smiles all around. Carol (owner) is really warm, welcoming and gratifying. Overall it was an experience of a lifetime in a special location. Thank you!Family from Hertfordshire - 15th June 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This large, detached sea view accommodation is set on the outskirts of the tranquil and unspoilt village of Rhiw. In an elevated position it is ideally placed for enjoying one of the best views on the Llyn Peninsula, if not the whole of Wales. The view of Porth Neigwl (Hells Mouth) and Snowdonia, over to Pembrokeshire on a clear day are breathtaking.
The beautiful coastal village of Aberdaron (4 miles) offers several cafes, shops, bakery and two pubs serving food. The village of Sarn Mellteyrn (also 4 miles) also offers a village shop, butchers, pottery, garage and two pubs. In addition to the Ship and Ty Newydd in Aberdaron, Venetia and Coconut Kitchen in Abersoch (6.5 miles) are also recommended for eating out, as are Bryncynan and Nanhoron Arms in Nefyn (12.5 miles). For a relaxing drink, the two pubs in Aberdaron offer a lovely setting.
The Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty, where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish. It is full of hidden treasures that are just waiting to be discovered and it is also renowned for its beaches and watersports. Plas yn Rhiw, a National Trust early 17th-century manor house with an ornamental garden and wonderful views is within walking distance of your sea view accommodation. It is also worth visiting the pub on the beach in Porthdinllaen and the sacred Bardsey Island (Ynys Enlli) by boat. With nearly 100 miles of stunning coastline it is also worth exploring the coastal path that goes all the way around the Llyn Peninsula.
Nant Gwrtheyrn Language and Heritage Centre (17 miles) is another great attraction within its own hidden bay by the sea. For a fun day out visit Glasfryn Park (go karts, ten pin bowling etc) or if you wish to relax, Plas Glyn-y-Weddw offers a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and tea room with sea views. Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales), Ffestiniog Railway, Cricieth and Caernarfon castles and the Italian village of Portmeirion also offer great days out.
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) - 4 mile sandy beach. Good surf and dog friendly. Restricted access 0.5 miles on foot / 7 miles by car
- Aberdaron Beach - glorious sandy beach backed by the picturesque village of Aberdaron and all its amenities. 4 miles
- Abersoch beach – sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 6.5 miles
- There are also many other great beaches within a short drive of your holiday cottage. Llyn Peninsula's top 10 beaches can be viewed here.
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path). The path can be joined from the doorstep in Rhiw, 0.1 mile from the cottage.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 16.5 miles.
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre – Pwllheli. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 6 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 7.5 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre – Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 8.5 miles
- Find out more about horse-riding on the Lleyn Peninsula.
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 6.5 miles.
- Llyn Golf Centre – Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 9.5 miles
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 12 miles
- Pwllheli Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, suitable for golfers of all ages and abilities. 12 miles.
- Porth Neigwl (Hell’s Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. Restricted access 0.5 miles on foot / 7 miles by car
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 6.5 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula.
Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula – suitable options for all ages.
Find out more about cycling on the Lleyn Peninsula.
Top Cat Marine Safari
Enjoy a marine safari trip setting off from Y Rhuol (half a mile from the cottage) by boat around the beautiful coast of the Llyn. Angling trips also available by arrangement or seal spotting in September and October. Diving trips also offered.