The perfect retreat to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, where you can enjoy a relaxing, romantic self catering holiday for 2. Nearest beach and Wales Coast Path within 2 miles and numerous sandy beaches and pretty coastal villages within 10 miles. Pet-friendly, a welcoming woodburner and spectacular scenery from the doorstep, this is a great base to explore the picturesque Llyn Peninsula along its magical country lanes.
Brand New Addition to Website
Relax and unwind in this tastefully designed barn conversion in a beautiful rural setting. Enter into a cosy ground floor open plan living area with a traditional beamed ceiling and tiled flooring throughout.
Chill out on the comfy sofa or reclining chair with foot stool and light the clear view wood burning stove. Have a romantic meal on the lovely antique round oak table and chairs. Flat screen TV and DVD player.
A fully equipped modern kitchen, dishwasher, electric stove, 4 ring hob, microwave, and fridge with a freezer compartment. A walk- in cupboard under the stairs accommodates the washing machine and some storage space.
A large carpeted bedroom with a high quality king size bed, that will provide a restful night and refresh your mind. High quality mattress, bedding and furnishing throughout. Large built in wardrobe with airing cupboard. There is also a single sofa bed suited for a small child.
A separate light and airy shower room with a large corner power shower, sink and WC.
The cottage has a separate sheltered south facing courtyard with a traditional stone bench and patio furniture, ideal for enjoying meal times and soaking up the sun, and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of the countryside. Stunning sunsets where you can also gaze at the wonders of the night sky. There are also 2 sun loungers and a barbecue set.
A small clothes line and an enclosed garden at the rear of the cottage.
- Welcome pack includes home-made cakes and a fresh loaf of bread from the local bakery, tea, coffee and milk.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. *Towels for cottage use only, not for beach use.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- 1st basket of logs provided free of charge, additional bags of logs available from the owner @ £4
- Wifi available
- Cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own linen for the cot.
- Up to 2 dogs welcome
- Off-road parking
- Lockable shed for bikes
- Also provided in the kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Also provided in the bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
- General cleaning products provided: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
- No smoking inside the cottage please
- Supermarket deliveries are available via Asda and Tesco
- If you would like to experience a working farm, let us know and we can arrange a farm tour for you. Observe the daily activities of the farm depending on Season. Help feed the hens, collect the eggs, and feed the lambs and calves.
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 1 Sofa bed
- 1 Bathroom
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Open fire or woodburner
- Accepts 2 pets
- WiFi internet
- Saturday changeover
- 2 Miles from a beach
- 3 Miles from a pub
- 3 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No travel cot available
The cottage we stayed in was absolutely fabulous and I can not fault it. I was clean, cosy and welcoming. The owner left us a fresh loaf of bread, milk, Cake and mince pies (as it was Christmas.) The cottage location is great as its in the middle of rolling fields with fantastic views as you drive through the country lanes. The cottage was well equipped with cooking utensils etc. I would definitely stay here again. Miss Hanna Jenvey - 4th January 2018
Had a great time, very satisfied. Excellent location, great welcome from the owners, arriving in lambing season was remarkable. will be back.
Tips: Take the 10 mile journey over to Nefyn, wonderful coastal drive, great food at the hotel in the centre.David from Manchester - 2nd May 2017
It is a delightful cottage. The owner, Lowri, left fresh eggs and home made cake for us to enjoy, which was a lovely touch. Beautifully finished property, warm and inviting.
Tips: Just get out and explore. This area of North Wales has the most amazing beaches; lovely people and is a world away from the hustle and bustle of towns and cities.
We're taking our bikes with us next time!Couple from Merseyside - 29th March 2017
A lovely cottage set in beautiful surroundings. Everything was high quality with great wifi and a really comfy bed. The owner Lowri coudn't have been friendlier.
Recommendations: Beach at Whistling Sands, Aberdaron, AbersochCouple from Greater Manchester - 27th March 2017
I could not fault the accommodation or the welcome from the owner. They made such an effort with the accommodation, inside and outside. The area is beautiful and I can't wait to return.
Recommends: NefynLiesl from Manchester - 14th November 2016
Amazing place, good base for the Llyn Peninsula. Top of the Peninsula views are amazing, Aberdaron beach, Porthdinllaen beach and pub.Matthew from Leeds - 3rd September 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Anyone with a love of the countryside will be overwhelmed with its idyllic setting. This semi detached cottage is 2 miles from the coast and situated up a quiet, enchanting country lane 1.4 miles from the main B4413 road, on a working farm where Welsh is spoken as the first language. Immaculately tidy and well-kept gardens and yard, with in season flowers and shrubs. The farm yard is separate from the cottage making it more peaceful and quiet. Ideally situated to explore the pretty villages, stunning beaches, coves and harbours of the Llyn Peninsula.
The picturesque village of Aberdaron is 3 miles away with lovely pubs/cafes/shops/ bakery, and Porth y Swnt which is an interpretation centre by the National Trust. Amongst the best places to eat in the area is Ty Newydd and The Ship, both in Aberdaron and also your nearest good pubs (3 miles), Tremfan Hall in Llanbedrog (8 miles) and The Ship in Edern (9 miles). Also worth a visit is Plas yn Rhiw Café (2 miles) the cafes in Aberdaron (Y Gegin Fawr, Hen Blas and Becws coffee shop), Caffi’r Cwm and Ty Newydd Cafés at Uwchmynydd (4 miles). Not to forget the numerous excellent restaurants and cafes in Abersoch (8 miles).
There are a number of attractions in the area, including Plas yn Rhiw - a National Trust owned 17th century manor house in Y Rhiw (2 miles). Aberdaron village is also well worth a relaxing day out - a former fishing village, which is sometimes referred to as the ‘Land’s End of Wales’. The village was the last rest stop for pilgrims heading for Bardsey Island. Also worth visiting is Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - known for its famous ‘ whistling sands’. This secluded gem of a beach is one of the perfect beaches in Wales. Just 4 miles away, this is a great place to relax with a beach café and beautiful coastal walks.
Another special experience is to catch a boat to Bardsey Island from Porth Meudwy (3 miles). Phone Colin to book your trip on 079710769895. For beautiful scenery, travel up Mynydd Mawr, Uwchmynydd where you can see over to Bardsey Island and back over Llyn. Top Cat Marine Safari (2 miles) offers wildlife and fishing trips whist Nefyn (11 miles) offers Llyn Maritime Museum and a tour of the local Brewery at Cwrw Llyn. Walk the nature footpaths, visit the beautiful gardens and explore the many different types of eco and heritage buildings at Felin Uchaf, Rhoshirwaun (1 mile). Nant Gwytheyrn Welsh Language and heritage centre is another great day out with a café, beach, walks and superb scenery, and so is Cricieth with its famous Welsh Castle.
- Porth Ysgo - The beautiful hidden beach of Porth Ysgo is a must, offering a truly romantic setting just 1.7 miles away (a lovely walk - or you can drive of course).
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3 miles
- Penllech Beach - 4 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 5 miles
- Porth Iago - 5 miles
- Towyn, Tudweiliog - a lovely, hidden beach that can be accessed via the coastal path. 6.5 miles
- Abersoch 8 miles
- Porthdinllaen 10 miles
- Walks direct from the cottage
- Rhiw mountain - 1 mile
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The nearest joining point is less than 2 miles from the cottage at Porth Ysgo. Coastal Bus can also be pre booked to take you from the cottage to your destination
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 15 miles from cottage.
- Cycling routes on country roads from the cottage
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Leisure coarse fishing - 1 mile
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 8 miles
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 10 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 11 miles
- Pen Llyn Lusitano Stud and Riding Centre Llaniestyn. Rides for any level of experience - 6 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 8.5 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 11 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 8 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 9 miles
- Find out more about Watersports on the Llyn Peninsula