Feel totally relaxed in this charming restored 17th century farmhouse, located on a farm in a beautiful rural setting. The perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and to enjoy some quality time with loved ones, friends or family. This pet-friendly Llyn Peninsula holiday cottage features a woodburner, dresser, two beautiful double bedrooms, spectacular surroundings and is very close to numerous beaches and charming coastal villages.
The lounge includes an antique dresser, a large original inglenook with clear view wood burner and some delightful touches. Cosy with a wealth of original oak beams which provides a real feel of tradition. Two large leather sofas in front of a large flatscreen TV & DVD. A window looks out on to the south facing courtyard area.
The dining room has a painted farmhouse table and upholstered chairs, directly in front of a window which looks out on to the garden and bird feeding station. There are maps and local books to help you explore the area, and also board games, jig saws and lots of books for entertainment. Leading from the dining room you enter the kitchen, making it a family environment to chat while the meals are being prepared.
Fully equipped modern oak kitchen with original stone work exposed on some of the walls. Dishwasher, electric stove, 4 ring hob, microwave electric stove, and fridge freezer .There is a separate room for the washing machine and tumble dryer.
En suite double bedroom (with shower unit) with view over the farmland and over to the coast. Comfortable and stylish room with high quality mattress and bedding. Large wardrobe, dressing table and TV.
Double bedroom, also with a view over the farmland and towards the coast. High quality mattress and bedding, complemented by cream furniture and a TV. Possibility of adding a single bed in this room on request.
Bathroom includes a large cast iron bath, WC, sink and heated towel rail.
This Llyn Peninsula holiday cottage has its own sheltered south facing courtyard with a wooden bench and patio furniture. Ideal for enjoying meal times, soaking up the sun on the reclining chairs and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of the countryside.
Stunning sunsets and a great setting to enjoy the wonders of the night sky. There is also a barbecue set and a small clothes line at the rear of the cottage. There is also a shared enclosed garden at the back, with 2 swings and a trampoline.
Children spend hours playing in the outside toy room which is an added bonus for families. This room includes toys such as lego, dulop, a wooden farm, dolls etc. There is also a keyboard and child size snooker table. Children should be supervised at all times because of the steps leading up to this room.
- Welcome pack includes home-made cakes and a fresh loaf of bread from the local bakery, tea, coffee and milk.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. *Towels for cottage use only, not for beach use.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- 1st basket of logs provided free of charge, additional bags of logs available from the owner @ £4
- Cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own linen for the cot.
- Wifi available
- Up to 2 dogs welcome at a charge of £25 per pet per stay.
- Off-road parking
- Lockable shed for bikes
- Also provided in the kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Also provided in the bathrooms: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per bathroom.
- General cleaning products provided: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
- No smoking inside the cottage please
- Supermarket deliveries are available via Asda and Tesco
- If you would like to experience a working farm, let us know and we can arrange a farm tour for you. Observe the daily activities of the farm depending on Season. Help feed the hens, collect the eggs, and feed the lambs and calves.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Double beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Accepts 2 pets
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 1.7 Miles from a beach
- 3 Miles from a pub
- 3 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- Games room
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No travel cot available
Fantastic! Wonderful property, perfect location, owners very welcoming and friendly, you could not ask for more. Special thanks to Lowri for making our stay so enjoyable. Ten out of ten for the property and the service provided from Best of Wales. We have been visiting this area regularly for the best part of thirty years and it never disappoints! The Llyn Penninsula is a little gem of an area, one of Wales's best kept secrets.Anthony from Mold - 9th July 2018
Exceptionally clean and cosy. Very nice and comfortable. Hosts very welcoming and obliging. From booking to returning home the service and the stay was excellent. Thank you for making it seamless and very enjoyable. Josie from Manchester - 26th March 2018
Lovely cottage, friendly owner. Highly recommended. Elizabeth from Malvern - 6th December 2017
A beautiful cottage, very comfortable and well supplied. Only an hour from Snowdon which is well worth the climb. Abersoch is beautiful and only 20 minutes drive away - further afield is Criccieth which is also lovely.Adam from Coventry - 16th April 2017
Nice cottage, pleasant owner and good location. The service was informative without being intrusive.
Recommends: Sunset on Mynydd MawrFamily from London - 20th August 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This Llyn Peninsula holiday cottage is situated up a quiet, enchanting country lane in an idyllic setting, next door to another holiday cottage for 2. Only 2 miles from the coast, on a working farm where Welsh is spoken as the first language. Immaculately tidy and well-kept gardens and yard, with in season flowers and shrubs. The farm yard is separate from the cottage making it more peaceful and quiet. Ideally situated to explore the pretty villages, stunning beaches, coves and harbours of the Llyn Peninsula.
The picturesque coastal village of Aberdaron, with its lovely pubs/cafes/shops/ bakery is just 3 miles away. It also offers a sandy beach and Porth y Swnt - a National Trust interpretation centre. Aberdaron is perfect for a relaxing day out and is sometimes referred to as the ‘Land’s End of Wales’. For centuries, the village was the last rest stop for pilgrims heading for Bardsey Island and today you can follow in the pilgrims' footsteps by catching a boat to Bardsey Island from Porth Meudwy (3 miles). Phone Colin to book your trip on 079710769895 - this is of course dependent on the weather. For beautiful scenery, travel up Mynydd Mawr, Uwchmynydd where you can see over to Bardsey Island and back over Llyn.
There are a number of recommended places to eat within 10 miles of your Llyn Peninsula holiday cottage. These include Ty Newydd and The Ship, both in Aberdaron (also your nearest good pubs), Tremfan Hall in Llanbedrog (8 miles) and The Ship in Edern (9 miles). Also worth a visit is Plas yn Rhiw Café (2 miles) the cafes in Aberdaron (Y Gegin Fawr, Hen Blas and Becws coffee shop), Caffi’r Cwm and Ty Newydd Cafés at Uwchmynydd (4 miles). Not to forget the numerous excellent restaurants and cafes in Abersoch (8 miles).
Amongst the other popular attractions in the area is Plas yn Rhiw - a National Trust owned 17th century manor house in Y Rhiw (2 miles). Also worth visiting is Porthoer (Whistling Sands), just 4 miles away and famous for its ‘whistling sands’. This secluded gem of a beach is one of the perfect beaches in Wales - a great place to relax with a beach café and beautiful coastal walks. Top Cat Marine Safari (2 miles) offers wildlife and fishing trips whist Nefyn (11 miles) offers Llyn Maritime Museum and a tour of the local Brewery at Cwrw Llyn. Nant Gwytheyrn Welsh Language and heritage centre is another great day out with a café, beach, walks and superb scenery, and so is Cricieth with its famous Welsh Castle.
- Porth Ysgo - The beautiful hidden beach of Porth Ysgo is a must, offering a truly romantic setting just 1.7 miles away (a lovely walk - or you can drive of course).
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3 miles
- Penllech Beach - 4 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 5 miles
- Porth Iago - 5 miles
- Towyn, Tudweiliog - a lovely, hidden beach that can be accessed via the coastal path. 6.5 miles
- Abersoch 8 miles
- Porthdinllaen 10 miles
- Walks direct from the cottage
- Rhiw mountain - 1 mile
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The nearest joining point is less than 2 miles from the cottage at Porth Ysgo. Coastal Bus can also be pre booked to take you from the cottage to your destination
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 15 miles from cottage.
- Cycling routes on country roads from the cottage
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Leisure coarse fishing - 1 mile
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 8 miles
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 10 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 11 miles
- Pen Llyn Lusitano Stud and Riding Centre Llaniestyn. Rides for any level of experience - 6 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 8.5 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 11 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 8 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 9 miles
- Find out more about Watersports on the Llyn Peninsula