- £515 per week
- £74 per night
- 7 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Sea or coastal views
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- 3 single beds
- Washing machine
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Wet room
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
From a 250 year old barn, Sgubor Madrun has been restored into a stunning, 5 star holiday cottage which is also suitable for the less abled. Jacuzzi bath and en suites included, along with a number of original features. The cottage has a children’s play area, a shared games room and access to 3 miles of sand at the surfers beach of Porth Neigwl (Hell’s Mouth), just over 0.5 mile from the doorstep. Abersoch is also within 2.5 miles.
The front access and rear to this cottage is level and suitable for the less mobile including wheel chair users. It opens directly into a spacious open plan lounge / dining / kitchen area. Some walls have been retained as exposed stone, all adding to the warmth and character of the accommodation. Its large front opening is fully glazed and gives wonderful views of the countryside and a spacious airy atmosphere to the cottage.
The ground floor has the benefit of under floor heating. External ramp access, and ample parking space directly outside the cottage. The indoor games room next door also has a wide entrance with ramp access.
The kitchen is fully equipped with high quality appliances and a comprehensive range of cutlery and glasses. The five star quality is continued in the lounge area. Large comfortable leather sofas and soft cushions all add to the home from home ambience. There is a plasma TV wall mounted, DVD, CD/radio.
The ground floor bedroom has an electrical 5' adjustable bed, back and legs raising, furniture legs raisers for hoist legs, wet room style shower room including grab rails and low level wash hand basin, as well as a shower/commode chair on wheels with flexible arms.
A beautiful staircase, crafted by a local carpenter, leads up to a gallery style first floor area with two bedrooms that has a pitched ceiling and two velux windows that afford a wonderful view of the countryside. One bedroom has an antique double bed with canopy and en-suite, the second bedroom with three single cream iron bedsteads. The main bathroom is also on this floor with a jacuzzi bath.
A large double back door leads out onto a patio area with garden furniture and barbecue. Ideal for admiring the views or to simply sit and relax with a glass of wine in the evening.
Shared indoor games room on site with table tennis, snooker and table football game.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- Electricity and central heating included.
- Cot and High chair available on request.
- WIFI connection available - please bring your own laptop.
- Hairdryer provided on request.
- The following items are also provided at the cottage for your stay… Kitchen: washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs and cloths. Bathroom: cleaning products.
- *Please let us know in advance if you require disability friendly equipment e.g. the shower chair. If you need any additional equipment e.g. a hoist, please give at least 1 month's notice.
- Dogs are welcome, though they are not allowed to be left unattended at the property. After all, they too are on holiday and we value the high standard of the property. A small extra charge of £20 per animal is made (max 2 small dogs or 1 big dog apart from alsatian and german sheepdog), payable when booking. *Please let us know in advance if you are bringing a dog because we will need to put a stairgate in place before your arrival.
- Guide dogs and service dogs allowed free of charge
This site is also an ideal venue for group bookings (sleeps up to 27 combined). There are 3 other 5 star cottages on site - check availability for Llofft Madrun (sleeps 7), Stabal Madrun (sleeps 6) and Ty Madrun (sleeps 7).
Kathryn is a wonderful host. I was delighted to find such a well equipped kitchen and super strong shower. I would highly recommend this cottage to anyone.
The property was really good and very well equipped.