This detached 5 star cottage just outside Porthgain on the St Davids Peninsula has great sea and countryside views and is ideal for couples, friends or a family holiday. Offering the best of both worlds with many activities available nearby (such as coasteering, surfing, walking and fishing) you can choose to be as active as you like or you can simply relax and take it easy in front of the cosy log burner or visit one of the many great places to eat in the area.
Open plan living and dining area with comfy recliner sofas, woodburner, TV (Freesat) with HDMI connector, DVD. Dining table and chairs to seat 4.
Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, electric cooker and hob, full sized fridge freezer.
Utility room with storage space.
Bedroom 1 - Double bedroom, fitted wardrobes, vanity station and wash basin. Great sea views.
Bedroom 2 - Twin room with 2 single beds. Great sea views.
Bathroom - Bath with electric shower, wc and wash basin.
Private rear patio area with table and chairs and BBQ. Side lawned area (with washing line if required).
- Welcome pack on arrival includes win, tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- Iron & ironing board available.
- Electricity & central heating included.
- High chair, travel cot and stair gate available. (Please request on booking) Please bring your own bed linen for the cot.
- Wi-fi available.
- No smoking.
- Parking area for up to 2 cars.(Parking for 1 car by the side of cottage and 1 on flat grass area just past garden)
- Wood is not provided but can be purchased locally.
- The following items are also provided at the cottage for your stay… Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tablets, new dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film. Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 1 toilet rolls per toilet. General cleaning products: anti bacterial spray / kitchen spray etc.
- Supermarkets deliver to the cottage and there are also plenty of local shops with great local produce.
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- No pets.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Double bed
- 2 Single beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Accepts 2 pets
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Saturday changeover
- 0.3 Mile from a beach
- 0.7 Mile from a pub
- 0.7 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- No washing machine
- No highchair available
- No travel cot available
Gorgeous place, couldn't have asked for more.Nicola from Bolton - 9th November 2017
Perfect location, good size and hot tub, just lovely.
We enjoyed a trip to Zip world, water rafting and climbing SnowdonCollette - 25th July 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This coastal Barmouth self catering cottage enjoys its own tranquil setting on a private estate with beautiful views of the surrounding Snowdonia mountains along the horizon. Located on the North Wales coast, it is just a short walk to an amazing, sandy beach – perfect for a relaxing seaside holiday. Whilst the number of holiday parks in the area is testament to the popularity and beauty of this magnificent stretch of coast, Hafod will provide you with your own private setting and space to enjoy everything that the area has to offer – a true escape.
Just 0.7 mile away, the village of Tal-y-bont has a good local pub restaurant called Ysgethin Inn as well as Tony’s Italian Restaurant & Take Away, whilst the renowned Nineteen.57 restaurant / bar is less than half a mile away. With a range of cafes, restaurants, shops and supermarket 4.5 miles away in Barmouth self catering cottage Hafod has plenty of options for you after a day of walking the Coastal Path or cycling the Mawddach Trail. NorBar fish and chips and bar is also just 2 miles away, near Llanaber, whilst Ael y Bryn at Dyffryn Ardudwy (1.4 miles) and George III at Penmaenpool (11.5 miles) are also worth visiting.
To the south, Barmouth itself has a wonderful, Blue Flag Beach with spectacular views of the mountains and lovely walks along the Mawddach Estuary. To the North, you have Dyffryn Ardudwy and Harlech beaches, along with a World Heritage Site at Harlech Castle which overlooks one of the best golf courses in the world. Portmeirion’s Italian Village and Porthmadog with its Welsh Highland Railway are also popular days out, not to mention the world renowned mountain biking centre at Coed y Brenin near Dolgellau.
Located within Snowdonia National Park, this Barmouth self catering cottage is a paradise for walkers and climbers. It offers something to suit all tastes, be it sporting activities or simply enjoying a relaxing holiday exploring the sandy beaches or taking a leisurely drive to soak up the breathtaking views of the Snowdonia countryside.
- Tal-y-bont Beach - a beautiful stretch of sand within a short walking distance of your cottage. 0.3 miles
- Bennar Beach, Dyffryn Ardudwy - fine, sandy beach backed by the occasional sand dune. Excellent for surfing and believed to be one of the best places in Gwynedd for consistently good waves. Parking nearby and boarded walkway. 2 miles
- Barmouth Beach – sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 4.5 miles
- Harlech Beach – sandy beach. 7 miles
- Wales Coast Path – can be joined from the doorstep. Go right towards Bennar Beach and the north; left towards Barmouth Beach and the south. 0 miles
- Y Llethr and Diffwys summits – Dyffryn Ardudwy – moderate / hard walk. 1.4 miles.
- Panorama Walk – Barmouth - suitable for all ages. 4.5 miles.
- Mawddach Trail – Barmouth to Dolgellau - suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 4.5 miles
- Cader Idris (Snowdonia mountain) – 3 main routes, the nearest being Dolgellau (12 miles).
- The Mawddach Trail – As mentioned above. 4.5 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 18 miles
- Sea fishing boat trips from Barmouth. 4.5 miles
- Harlech Golf Club – Royal St. David’s – 18 hole golf course. 7 miles
- Dolgellau Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 14.5 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Farm Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 5 miles by ferry or steam train (April – September half terms), 17 miles by road.