Set in a unique Victorian village in a stunning location, this Nant Gwrtheyrn cottage offers breathtaking mountain, forest and sea views. Enjoy the peaceful, tranquil surroundings, maybe with coffee or a glass of wine at the café on site, or stroll down the path to the private beach. Or why not follow the Coastal Path to discover some more of the hidden beaches and coves along the Llyn Peninsula. Nant Gwrtheyrn is a magical place - the perfect retreat for a relaxing and inspiring holiday.
Open plan living, kitchen and dining room. Quality oak handmade furniture, leather sofas (incuding double sofa bed) and oak flooring with underfloor heating. TV free cottage so the perfect opportunity to enjoy some quality time together in a truly inspiring setting.
The kitchen includes an electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge with freezer compartment. Large dining table for up to 6 guests. Washing machine and tumble dryer in separate building.
Bedroom 1 – Large double room with king size bed, sea view and underfloor heating. En-suite wet room which is also suitable for disabled guests.
Bedroom 2 - Spacious double bedroom with king size bed, sea view, Welsh oak furniture and underfloor heating (like every other bedroom).
Bedroom 3 - Single bedroom. All bedrooms also include traditional Welsh tapestry throws and cushions from Trefriw Woollen Mill.
Bedroom 4 - Second single bedroom with sea view.
Shower Room with basin and a separate room with WC and basin.
This Nant Gwrtheyrn cottage has a large communal lawn to the front and a magnificent sea view. The perfect setting to relax on your patio chairs all day if you wish. From the grounds, a path leads down to Nant Gwrtheyrn's own private beach. There is also the added benefit of having a cafe on site. So idyllic, that couples choose Nant Gwrtheyrn as a wedding venue.
- Heating and electricity included (includes underfloor heating throughout)
- Crisp white bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Travel cot, high chair and security gate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen
- Welcome pack available on request for £20
- Wifi available in the café (100 yds) and at the cottage itself.
- No pets or smoking inside this Nant Gwrtheyrn cottage
- Laundry room on site available to all guests, at an extra cost.
- Plenty of parking spaces available
- Please note that Nant Gwrtheyrn is a multifunctional venue. There may be events taking place during your stay so please contact Nant Gwrtheyrn directly.
Information for Disabled and Less Abled People.
- Wheelchair accessible
- There is ample parking and a flat tarmac and concrete surface with easy access into the property
- The main door is 800mm wide and all internal doors and corridors are 750mm wide
- All door handles and light switches are at a lower level
- There is space under the dining table for a wheelchair
- Kitchen utensils are 'easy grip'
- There is a 'hearing loop' in place
- There is a 1.2m turning circle for a wheelchair in the bedroom and the bed can be accessed from both sides
- There is a 360 degree/ 1200 mm turning circle for a wheelchair in the wetroom
- There are grab rails in the wetroom
- Flip down shower chair is available and raised WC
- Emergency pull cord
- Safe disposal of incontinence pads and additional equipment and care can be provided by arrangement
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Sleeps 6
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Sofa bed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Saturday changeover
- 0.1 Mile from a beach
- 1 Mile from a pub
- 1 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Disabled Friendly
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No freezer
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Magnificent site and incredible scenery. Absolutely adorable Sunset.Kari from Finland - 8th April 2018
Outstanding location, very relaxing. Snowdon mountain railway is a must.Family from Lincolnshire - 28th August 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This Nant Gwrtheyrn cottage is located in a unique and secluded Victorian village and offers the perfect setting for your sea-side holiday. Tre'r Ceiri stands in a row of quarryman’s cottages with great views over the lawn and out to sea. There's a lovely café on site and a private beach just a short walk away. There is plenty of scenic seating with picnic tables dotted around the grounds as well.
The former quarrying village of Nant Gwrtheyrn (often called ‘Y Nant’) is a truly inspirational setting on the northern coast of the Llyn Peninsula in North Wales. It is an attraction in its own right, with a Heritage Centre on site which houses displays about the Welsh language and culture, as well as the history of the village. This includes a period house set in a Victorian quarry community and information about the unique wildlife which can be discovered in this remote coastal valley and beach.
Residential Welsh courses are also offered at Nant Gwrtheyrn throughout the year and you can experience Welsh culture and heritage first hand, here on the coast of the beautiful Llyn Peninsula. It is also a great venue for a family get-together, a celebration or a wedding. The nearest shop and pub can be found 1 mile away in the village of Llithfaen and some of the recommended places to eat include Caffi Meinir (on site), Nanhoron in Nefyn (5 miles) and The Ship Inn in Edern (7 miles).
The Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty, full of hidden treasures that are just waiting to be discovered. Some of the other ‘must see’ attractions include the pub on the beach in Porthdinllaen (Ty Coch), the beautiful seaside village of Aberdaron, endless sandy beaches and the sacred Bardsey Island. Not to mention Glasfryn Parc for a fun day out (go karts, ten pin bowling etc) Caernarfon Castle, Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales), Llanberis Electric Mountain and Llanberis Slate Museum.
- Porth y Nant Beach – Nant Gwrtheyrn’s very own private beach. A short path from the village brings you to this lovely cobbled beach.
- There are also many other great beaches within a short drive of Nant Gwrtheyrn. Llyn Peninsula's top 10 beaches can be viewed here.
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) can be joined from the doorstep.
- The Nant Gwrtheyrn Walk – a scenic 2-3 hour circular walk around this unique valley. From the doorstep.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 1.5 miles.
- Sea fishing from the private beach on site. Walking distance.
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 7 miles
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre – Llaniestyn. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 10.5 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 14 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell’s Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 19 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula