This Nant Gwrtheyrn self catering cottage offers the perfect retreat for a relaxing holiday by the sea. Gorllwyn cottage enjoys sea views, access to a private beach and also has a lovely cafe and Welsh Heritage Centre on site. Nant Gwrtheyrn is a magical and unique Victorian village in a stunning, peaceful location on the Llyn Peninsula. It is also an ideal base to explore the rest of the North Wales coast and Snowdonia.
Lounge with quality oak handmade furniture, leather sofas (double sofa bed included) and oak flooring with underfloor heating. TV free cottage so the perfect opportunity to enjoy some quality time together in a truly wonderful setting.
Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge with freezer compartment. Dining table for four. Washing machine and tumble dryer in separate building.
Bedroom 1 - Spacious double bedroom with king size bed, sea view, Welsh oak furniture and underfloor heating (like every other bedroom).
Bedroom 2 - Single bedroom. All bedrooms also include traditional Welsh tapestry throws and cushions from Trefriw Woollen Mill.
Bedroom 3 - Second single bedroom with a sea view.
Shower Room with basin and a separate room with WC and basin.
Enjoy a large communal lawn and a magnificent sea view to the front of your Nant Gwrtheyrn self catering cottage. There is also a lovely cafe on site and a path leading down to Nant Gwrtheyrn's very own private beach. So idyllic, that couples choose Nant Gwrtheyrn as a wedding venue.
Plenty of benches and picnic tables dotted around the grounds to enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Heating and electricity included (includes underfloor heating throughout)
- Crisp white bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Welcome pack available on request for £20
- Travel cot, high chair and security gate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen
- Wifi available in the café (100 yds) and at the cottage itself.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- Laundry room on site available to all guests, at an extra cost.
- Plenty of parking spaces available
- Please note that Nant Gwrtheyrn is a multifunctional venue. There may be events taking place during your stay so please contact Nant Gwrtheyrn directly.
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Sleeps 4
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Sofa bed
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Friday changeover
- 0.1 Mile from a beach
- 1 Mile from a pub
- 1 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No freezer
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
Really enjoyed our stay in Nant Gwertheryn. Cottage fixtures were excellent, plenty of hot water and toasty warm. Would definitely recommend this cottage.Lynne from Cardiff - 14th November 2018
Excellent stay in one of the cosy cottages. Attended for a wedding which was wonderful. Cafe food the next day is also excellent. Cake was melt in the mouth. Overall would defiantly recommend for weddings, family get together etc. Would be good to visit again to get to know the area better.Pam from Liverpool - 13th October 2018
Beautiful and peaceful isolation!
Stunning location! Lovely staff at the main office and try to use even a little bit of Welsh with the localsFamily from Japan - 25th August 2017
I have been going to Nant for a number of years and have now stayed in three of the 4 self-catering cottages. it is the place to be if you want to relax and let your stress dissolve. the staff are always welcoming and rain or sun it is always spectacular. It was great. Visited Portmeirion, drove a little further afield and went to Corris Craft Centre and Machynlleth. Went up to Llithfaen to the Fic, be prepared to have basic Welsh, this is a Welsh speaking area so please respect the locals even if you are only able to greet and say thank you.Rhys, currently living in Manchester - 11th September 2016
Idyllic quiet location, several fantastic beaches very close by.
Tips: Depending on the wind direction, there are a number of choices of beaches to visit in the area.Family from West Yorkshire - 18th August 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This Nant Gwrtheyrn self catering cottage is the perfect setting for a relaxing sea-side holiday on the northern coast of the Llyn Peninsula in North Wales. The unique and secluded Victorian village of Nant Gwrtheyrn (or ‘Nant’ as it is often called) is a former quarrying village and an attraction in its own right. A Heritage Centre on site houses displays about the Welsh language and culture, as well as the history of the village.
Walking distance to a private beach and a lovely cafe on site, Gorllwyn stands in a row of quarryman’s cottages with great views over the lawn and out to sea. The nearest shop and pub can be found 1 mile away in the village of Llithfaen and some of the recommended places to eat include Caffi Meinir (on site), Nanhoron in Nefyn (5 miles) and The Ship Inn in Edern (7 miles).
Nant Gwrtheyrn is also a great venue for a family get-together, a celebration or a wedding and residential Welsh courses are also offered here throughout the year if you would like to learn the oldest living language in Europe in style. The Welsh culture and heritage can be experienced first hand here on the coast of the beautiful Llyn Peninsula.
The Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty, full of hidden treasures that are just waiting to be discovered. Some of the other ‘must see’ attractions include the pub on the beach in Porthdinllaen, the beautiful seaside village of Aberdaron, endless sandy beaches and the sacred Bardsey Island. Not to mention Glasfryn Parc for a fun day out (go karts, ten pin bowling etc) Caernarfon Castle, Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales), Llanberis Electric Mountain and Llanberis Slate Museum.
- Porth y Nant Beach – Nant Gwrtheyrn’s very own private beach. A short path from the village brings you to this lovely cobbled beach.
- There are also many other great beaches within a short drive of Nant Gwrtheyrn. Llyn Peninsula's top 10 beaches can be viewed here.
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) can be joined from the doorstep.
- The Nant Gwrtheyrn Walk – a scenic 2-3 hour circular walk around this unique valley. From the doorstep.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 1.5 miles.
- Sea fishing from the private beach on site. Walking distance.
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 7 miles
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre – Llaniestyn. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 10.5 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 14 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell’s Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 19 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula