Oh what a view! Not many cottages can boast a location like this. Set within 2 acres of private grounds in an elevated position, Tai Ffolt offers serenity and incomparable views out to sea over Nefyn, across to Porthdinllaen, Anglesey and, on a clear day through your very own telescope, as far as Ireland.
Formerly three herring fisherman cottages, Tai Ffolt has been beautifully converted into one impressive holiday cottage where you can enjoy the magnificent sea views from every room. Not forgetting the dramatic sunsets and star gazing opportunities - this is a truly inspiring get-away, day or night.
The main feature of the large living room has to be the fully glazed gable end that frames the magnificent views beyond. The lounge area provides plenty of character and comfortable seating where you can sit back and be inspired, whilst also enjoying the warmth of the wood burning stove. Wall mounted wide-screen TV with Sky and DVD player.
Another feature is the chimney that cleverly divides the lounge from the kitchen / dining area at the other end of the room. With its original quarry tiled floor, the fully equipped kitchen includes an American larder fridge/freezer, electric cooker and hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. Large farmhouse table and chairs take centre stage, with French doors leading to the rear garden.
One step leads down from the kitchen to a long hallway that takes you to the bedrooms and bathroom.
Master bedroom - very spacious with a king size bed, sofa in front of a wood burner and TV, a desk area, storage and last but not least, sea views.
Bedroom 2 - king size bed with clothes storage, chair and magnificent views.
Bedroom 3 - twin beds, chair, clothes storage and - you guessed it, expansive sea views.
Family bathroom with a rain shower, bath with a view, wc, wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
2 acres of enclosed grounds surround this wonderful, detached cottage. Whether its alfresco meals, afternoon teas, a good book and a glass of wine, or simply watching the boats sailing by, the terrace overlooking the ocean provides the most idyllic of settings.
- Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, sugar and milk, Bara Brith and a bottle of wine.
- Central heating and electricity included.
- Starter pack of logs provided for the wood burner (for winter lets only). Additional supplies can be purchased in Nefyn.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided.
- 3 hairdryers provided.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Wifi available.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage.
- Plenty of parking spaces.
- Kitchen provisions: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, dishcloths, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom provisions: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
- General cleaning products provided: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 1.5 Miles from a beach
- 1.2 Miles from a pub
- 1.2 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Enjoy the grand entrance as you approach this cottage as the sea views come in to sight. Accessed via a track, this detached cottage sits within 2 acres of enclosed grounds, offering complete privacy and breath-taking views. Overlooking Ty Coch Inn on Porthidinllaen Beach, Nefyn's stunning headland golf course and, on a clear day, as far as Wicklow Mountains in Ireland through the telescope provided in the lounge.
The nearby village of Nefyn (1 mile) is situated on the northern coast of the Llŷn Peninsula. Provisions include 2 convenience stores, pubs and restaurants, a lovely cafe for afternoon teas (Caffi Ni) as well as take-aways, a library, chemist and museum. Some of the best places to eat locally include The Ship in Edern (4 miles), Plas Bodegroes for fine dining (5.7 miles) and Twnti Seafood Restaurant (6.7 miles). As for pubs, you are within 4 miles of Ty Coch Inn, officially voted third best beach bar in the world. Needless to say - an amazing setting and well worth the visit (accessed on foot via the golf course or along the beach).
The walk to Ty Coch Inn also forms part of the Wales Coast Path. Walking the coastal route is highly recommended as a way to discover the delights of the Llyn Peninsula - a Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where the Welsh language and way of life still flourishes. Another nearby attraction is Nant Gwrtheyrn, a Welsh Heritage Centre (where you can also learn Welsh) in a magical location with a cafe, private beach etc.
There are many other beautiful coastal villages dotted around the Llyn Peninsula as well, including Abersoch (12 miles) and Aberdaron (14 miles). A boat trip to Bardsey Island, a former site of religious pilgrimage, is also highly recommended. For some family fun, visit Glasfryn Parc for go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc, or enjoy a relaxing ride on Ffestiniog Railway, explore Cricieth and Caernarfon Castles and discover the Italian village of Portmeirion. If that's not enough, Snowdonia National Park with all its attractions is also within a short drive.
- Porth Nefyn – two mile long sandy beach. 1.5 miles
- Morfa Nefyn – this sandy beach sweeps all the way along the small peninsula to Porthdinllaen. 3 miles
- There are many great beaches within a short drive of your cottage. Llyn Peninsula's top 10 beaches can be viewed here.
- Two paths more or less from the doorstep - one leading down to the village of Nefyn and the other leading up to the peak of Mynydd Nefyn mountain behind the cottage.
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) passes a few fields beneath the cottage and can be joined off the path that leads to the village.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 5 miles.
- The Nant Gwrtheyrn Walk – a scenic 2-3 hour circular walk around this unique valley. 6.5 miles
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - a famous 26 hole Championship Golf Course, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 3.5 miles
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula