Enjoy the calming coastal views from Awelfryn - a spacious, single level cottage near Pwllheli on the Llyn Peninsula. With a woodburner, spacious living area and a long slate floored balcony, you can make the most of all seasons at this eco friendly accommodation. Only a mile to Pwllheli Marina, beaches and a range of independent shops, cafes and restaurants, whilst the Coastal Path can also be accessed nearby. A great base to explore the Llyn Peninsula - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - as well as nearby Snowdonia.
Spacious open plan kitchen/dining room/living area, featuring a panoramic view of the coast. Fully fitted kitchen with fridge (and freezer compartment), dishwasher, microwave, hob and oven and washing machine included.
Comfortable open plan lounge area with wood burner and large slate balcony offering stunning views of Cardigan Bay.
Master bedroom offering superb views from the patio doors opening onto the slate balcony. Double size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, mirror, and bed side tables with lamps.
Front double bedroom with comfortable double bed, chest of drawers, mirror, bedside tables and bedside lamps.
Twin bedroom with comfortable single beds, mirror, chest of drawers, bedside table and lamp
Bathroom comprising, separate bath and shower cubicle, wc and heated towel rail.
Large enclosed rear lawn with sea views. Large slate balcony with views of the coast which is less than a mile from your cottage. Front lawn with original pebbled path and flower borders.
- Welcome pack includes tea and coffee, sugar and milk as well as Prosecco / wine and chocolates
- Heating and electricity included. Starter pack of logs for the wood burner provided.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Travel cot and high chair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen with you.
- Wifi available
- Off road parking for up to three cars on the driveway.
- No smoking inside the cottage.
- No pets.
- Kitchen provisions: salt and pepper, tea, coffee, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, clothes washing tabs, new dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom provisions: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
- General cleaning products provided: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray & wipes, polish, dusters etc.
- If you would like to forget about the car during your stay at Awelfryn, Pwllheli can also be accessed by bus from Llwyn-hudol bus-stop, just round the corner.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Double beds
- 2 Single beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 1.3 Miles from a beach
- 1.5 Miles from a pub
- 1.3 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Wonderful stay, lovely bungalow and views, enjoyed sitting outside on the balcony watching time pass and days out. Hope to be back in the future. Many thanks. Mr B, Burton on Trent - 23rd September 2017
Wonderful week – beautiful beaches – stunning views, warm and welcoming people. Mrs S, Surrey - 9th September 2017
Lovely week – cottage is in a lovely location with stunning views. Diolch yn fawr. Mr B - 31st August 2017
Wythnos gwych, bwthyn mewn lleoliad da i gael mynd i bobman a golygfa bendigedig! Teulu o Sir Fflint - 24th August 2017
Had a lovely week- lovely bungalow. Wine, chocs and bag appreciated. Family from Derbyshire - 17th August 2017
Great spot. Loved history of house + recommendations and waking to the view. Thank you. Family from Bristol - 10th August 2017
Amazing stay, loved the deck, garden and deck chairs. Great location, perfect cottage. Thanks. Family from Preston - 3rd August 2017
I loved the cottage, best I’ve ever been to – thanks for a lovely week. Family from Manchester - 29th July 2017
Loved the view from the bedroom – looking at the sea. Thank you for the wine and chocs. Mr L - 15th July 2017
Thank you. We’ve had a wonderful week in your lovely cottage – lovely to come back to after a day sightseeing. Ms J, Llafaircareinion & Buckinghamshire - 8th July 2017
Mixed bag of weather but managed to fill the week with day trips and relaxing at the house. Ideal location for visiting local areas. Beautiful views from the house – all in all a lovely family holiday. The R family, Bolton - 30th June 2016
Lovely weather other than rain on Sunday. Had some wonderful days out on the beach. Aberdaron is a lovely place to stop for coffee and cake. Lovely bungalow and thank you for the gifts. The bag was very useful. Views from the bungalow glorious. Mrs C, Shrewsbury - 22nd June 2016
We’ve had a fantastic week. Loved the cottage, the amazing views and all the wonderful beaches. Thank you. Ms S, Lancashire - 12th June 2016
Very impressed by the cottage and views. We were let down by the very poor weather but managed to get out and visit most of the beautiful area. Thanks for the welcome pack and a lovely stay, just shame about the weather! Ms H, Chester - 4th June 2016
Fabulous views from cottage – really enjoyed our stay. Great meal at the Moorings! Mr A, Shrops - 12th March 2016
Incredibly homely and welcoming. The cottage is in a gorgeous area with stunning views. Great environment for kids and adults, loads to do around the area (Port Meirion, steam train, beaches etc.) Thank you for such a fab holiday! Mr H, Devon - 31st October 2015
Loved views and light open plan space. Excellent location. Spick and span clean cottage. Mrs H, Surrey - 17th October 2015
Lovely homely cottage. Thanks for the lovely gifts, had a wonderful week in this lovely part of Wales, we were fortunate to have a week of sunshine. Thank you. Mr F, Essex - 26th September 2015
Wow! What a fantastic little cottage – felt straight at home. So thoughtful with the lovely gifts and my lovely keepsake shopping bag! Our 2 children loved it here – lots of lovely days out incl. The rabbit farm. Puffin Island cruise and Caernarfon Castle. Definitely be back to visit in the near future! Stunning views! Thank you! The W family, Cheshire - 12th September 2015
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
This beautiful, eco friendly cottage is warm and welcoming, with wonderful sea views over Cardigan Bay. A great base for a relaxing break on the Llŷn Peninsula, with a large slate balcony to enjoy the wonderful scenery beyond.
Whilst enjoying a peaceful setting in a small hamlet of houses in Llwyn Hudol, the cottage also benefits from easy access to the Wales Coast Path, whilst the sandy beaches of Abererch and Pwllheli, small independent shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants are just 1 mile away. Considered to be the unofficial capital of the Llyn Peninsula, Pwllheli is also home to an impressive Marina where many watersports events and competitions are held throughout the year. Asda supermarket and multiple takeaways can also be found in town.
Amongst the best places to eat out are Whitehall Gastro Pub in Pwllheli, Twnti Seafood Restaurant at Rhydyclafdy (4 miles), Dylan’s Restaurant in Cricieth (8 miles) and The Ship Inn at Edern (8 miles). For a relaxing drink, Penlan Fawr Inn and Whitehall in Pwllheli are recommended, whilst a walk along the beach to Tŷ Coch Inn is a must with any holiday on the Llŷn.
The Llyn Peninsula is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish. Awelfryn cottage offers an ideal base to explore the area, as well as nearby Snowdonia, Anglesey and the beautiful North Wales coast. Popular attractions nearby includes the renowned Plas Glyn y Weddw in Llanbedrog (5.5 miles), a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and a tea room with sea views. Glasfryn Parc, 3.5 miles away is another great day out, offering a wide range of activities including bowling, go-carting, archery and wakeboarding and has an extensive farm shop, café and restaurant. Cricieth castle (7.5 miles), Ffestiniog Railway in Porthmadog (12 miles), and the Italian village of Portmeirion (15 miles) are all worth visiting as well.
- Abererch beach – enjoy a 3 mile stretch of sand all the way to Glandon, Pwllheli. 1.3 miles
- South Beach, Pwllheli - mainly shingle, Blue Flag beach. Stretches from Gimblet Rock, across the promenade, and around towards Llanbedrog. 1.7 mile
- View other beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Pwllheli Sailing Club, Pwllheli Marina – excellent facilities and possibly the best sailing waters in the U.K. 1.2 miles
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 8 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path – 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. Join the path 0.5 miles from the cottage in Abererch.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 7.5 miles from cottage.
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula – suitable options for all ages.
- Pwllheli Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, suitable for golfers of all ages and abilities. 1.5 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre – Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 3.5 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre – Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 10.5 miles
- Find out more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula