Enjoy this spacious, contemporary Bala holiday cottage in a tranquil, rural location. Just 1 mile from the welcoming Welsh market town of Bala, it offers spectacular views over the Dee Valley and open countryside. An ideal base to explore Snowdonia and the wide range of North Wales attractions, this beautiful 5 star cottage is also the perfect retreat to relax in style.
Lounge - spacious room with oak flooring, leather suite and oak furniture. Stylish, flame effect electric fire along with a 40” TV and DVD player, selection of books and a lovely view through the patio doors to the garden and patio.
Kitchen - large contemporary kitchen with dining area, with open views through the patio door to open countryside, leading to the adjoining conservatory. The beautiful, fully equipped kitchen includes a fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, electric oven and hob.
Conservatory - spectacular views down the Dee Valley and 180 degree views to open farmland. Two piece leather sofas, coffee table and TV.
Bedroom 1 (ensuite) - king size bed and a stunning view down to the Dee valley. Oak furniture including a wardrobe, dressing table and mirror, chest of drawers and 2 bedside tables. TV also included.
Bathroom - a double access bathroom that can be used as an ensuite for bedroom 1 and / or a main bathroom. Spacious and fully tiled, it includes a bath, separate shower unit, wc and basin.
Bedroom 2 (ensuite) - two large single beds and the same oak furniture as bedroom 1 and its own TV. Ensuite includes a shower, basin and wc.
Spacious light hall and a separate utility room with a range of units, a sink, washing machine, tumble dryer and drying room.
Detached Bala holiday cottage with a large enclosed garden and stunning views over open farmland and down towards the Dee Valley. Garden furniture, timber table with 4 chairs, 2 benches, barbecue and clothes line.
- Welcome Pack on arrival includes bara brith and local biscuits, elderberry drink, Jones crisps, tea and coffee, sugar and milk
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 2 hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage please
- Plenty of private parking space outside the cottage
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
Information for Disabled and Less Abled People
This is a single storey property with all rooms on the ground floor
There is easy parking and the surface is slabb
There are no height restrictions for people over 6' 6"
The entrance has no steps and the door is 800mm wide
All interior doors and corridors are 750mm wide
There is space under the dining table for a wheelchair
The garden is fully accessible
Door handles and light switches are all accessible
Facilities for hearing and visually impaired people are available
There is a turning circle in the bedroom and bathroom of 1200mm and the bed can be accessed from the left by wheelchair
- The shower cubicle has a step in of 50mm
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Friday changeover
- 28 Miles from a beach
- 1 Mile from a pub
- 1 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No stairgate available
- No travel cot available
|Date Range||7 night price *||3 night price *|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£397||£298|
|22 Dec 17 - 29 Dec 17||£671||£503|
|29 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£726||£545|
|6 Jan 18 - 9 Feb 18||£391||£293|
|9 Feb 18 - 23 Feb 18||£416||£312|
|23 Feb 18 - 23 Mar 18||£391||£293|
|23 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£563||£422|
|13 Apr 18 - 4 May 18||£451||£338|
|4 May 18 - 11 May 18||£563||£422|
|11 May 18 - 25 May 18||£500||£375|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£726||£545|
|1 Jun 18 - 8 Jun 18||£563||£422|
|8 Jun 18 - 15 Jun 18||£605||£454|
|15 Jun 18 - 20 Jul 18||£563||£422|
|20 Jul 18 - 31 Aug 18||£726||£545|
|31 Aug 18 - 7 Sep 18||£605||£454|
|7 Sep 18 - 19 Oct 18||£480||£360|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£605||£454|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£397||£298|
|21 Dec 18 - 28 Dec 18||£671||£503|
|28 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£726||£545|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the countryside.Friends from Surrey - 26th July 2017
Fantastic accommodation in a beautiful setting.
Recommendations: Beddgelert is lovely. Zip Wire at Ffestiniog. Barmouth beach - beautiful setting. Eagle pub in Bala - great food.
Family from Suffolk - 3rd June 2017
Best 5* property ever.
Recommends: Roberts Butchers in Bala is great.Mike & Carol from Isle of Man - 21st May 2017
Birthday treat for my partner. Lovely holiday home and lovely owners. Would recommend visiting Barmouth beach. The beach is lovely and it has donkey rides and also arcades for the children. We like to travel out to Swallow Falls in Betws-y-Coed and also like to visit Beddgelert. Lovely little village tea shop with a great restaurants and a couple of pubs.Natalie from Liverpool - 25th April 2017
A beautifully maintained, modern and well presented cottage. Gwyn and Jane were very friendly owners who made us feel right at home. The property was comfortable, always warm after we came home (as we did see a fair bit of rain). The views whilst eating breakfast through the dining window were stunning. The scenery has been stunning - we will certainly be back. Thank you.Chris & Tracy Long - 20th March 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Enjoy tranquil, rural surroundings at this detached, contemporary cottage. Just 1 mile from the welcoming market town of Bala - home to the largest natural lake in Wales called Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) that can be seen from the elevated grounds surrounding your cottage. Bala also offers a whole range of amenities, including a variety of shops, a convenience store and small supermarket, banks and a garage. There is also a traditional cinema and a Leisure Centre which includes a fitness room, indoor swimming pool and a slide. Not to mention a steam train that runs along Bala Lake Railway through beautiful Snowdonia scenery.
The town of Bala offers numerous cafes, pubs and restaurants such as Plas yn Dre , White Lion Hotel, Plas Coch, Y Cwrt and Bala Spice. Amongst the best places to eat in the area is Pale Hall restaurant (3.5 miles) - an old stately home and a fantastic building, the Michelin star Tyddynllan restaurant in Llandrillo (6.5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy restaurant (14 miles along a scenic mountain road). For a really good village pub / restaurant, visit the Eagles Inn in Llanuwchllyn (5.5 miles), or Bryntirion Inn, Llandderfel (3.5 miles) for a real ale pub.
If you enjoy the outdoors, this is the area for you because Bala and the surrounding area is firmly establishing itself as the 'adventure' capital of Wales. From world class watersports provision on Bala Lake (canoeing, sailing, windsurfing and gorge walking) and the National White Water Centre (5 miles) to a high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles). You also have the famous Zip Wire and Bounce Below in Blaenau Ffestiniog (22 miles) and numerous other attractions such as Tree Tops Adventure in Betws y Coed and Coed y Brenin's world renowned Mountain Biking Centre all within easy reach.
If you prefer to relax on holiday, there are numerous picturesque mountain and lakeside walks nearby, not to mention the scenic cycle route along the shores of Llyn Tegid lake. And why not treat yourself to a night out with popcorn in the local cinema? Your Bala holiday cottage also provides a great central base to explore the whole of Snowdonia and North Wales. Llechwedd Slate Caverns (22 miles), Portmeirion (29 miles) and the Welsh Highland Railway (30 miles) are just some of many highly recommended days out.
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 1 mile from the cottage.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 5 miles
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5.5 miles.
- Aberhirnant Mountain Route - from the doorstep along a scenic country road.
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled - you can easily cycle to this route from your Bala holiday cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 5 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 22 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 24 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
- Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake). 1 mile
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 1 mile
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 5 miles
- Bala Golf Club - A 10 hole golf course with stunning views over the North Wales countryside. 2 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre. Suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 26 miles