Crud y Wennol provides stylish, idyllic and pet friendly accommodation for two in a new barn conversion. In a quiet yet accessible location within 5 miles of Bala’s famous lake and popular tourist attractions, Crud y Wennol offers a perfect base for relaxing holidays and short breaks for couples. Enjoy watersports, walking, exploring beautiful Welsh market towns, steam train and canal rides, plenty of good restaurants and much more.
Kitchen/diner and lounge area – this newly converted barn has retained many of its original beams and features.
The kitchen/diner has slate flooring, light modern fitted kitchen units with built in fridge with freezer compartment, microwave and cooker. The dining table seats three and there is additional relaxed seating for reading or watching television.
Modern illuminated oak stairs lead to the first floor and an open plan bedroom which is light and airy with high ceilings. The room benefits from solid oak flooring and doors together with traditional beams. There are side cabinets on both sides of the double bed and the additional benefit of a television.
A fully tiled en-suite bathroom with an over bath shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail.
As a cottage that provides holidays and short breaks for couples, there is also a lovely garden to relax and enjoy the calming countryside views. Situated at the back of the property, this is an enclosed garden area with patio furniture.
- Crud y Wennol is one of two semi-detached cottages and is next to Crud y Werin which sleeps 4. This would, if required, provide accommodation for 6 guests in total.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided.
- Heating and electricity included.
- Dog welcome – 1 small dog for an additional charge of £25 (payable on arrival).
- Cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer available in outside building (shared with cottage next door). £3 per hour wash and £3 per half hour dry.
- Short breaks for couples available all year round
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Parking spaces outside the cottage.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Accepts 1 pet
- Saturday changeover
- 32 Miles from a beach
- 3 Miles from a pub
- 2 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- No travel cot available
We enjoyed our stay though we didn't get the best of this summers weather. The owner was very helpful with any queries or questions. We liked the setting and the location. We enjoyed Sunday Lunch at the Gorwellin Visitor Centre outside Bala. The Mary Jones Story centre is worth a visit on Bala Lake. We had a good day in Llangollen. Visited Corwen, the Museum was open and very interesting.Couple from Gloucestershire - 29th August 2017
We enjoyed visiting Conwy and PortmerionPhilip from the Netherlands - 6th August 2017
Thoroughly enjoyable. We managed to spend quality time, exploring the beautiful countryside and the cottage was the icing on the cake.
Bala town offers a wide range of eateries. Climbing Snowdon is a great experience. Lots of lakes. Great cycling routes too. Portmeirion is also worth a visit.
It was perfect. Even the weather was perfect!Family form Llanelli - 7th May 2017
Very clean, friendly, quiet, quiant.
Recommendations: Swallow Falls. Colwyn Falls. Harlech Beach.Alan from Nottingham - 5th April 2017
Lovely time in lovely place.
Recommends: Barmouth, castles around, climbing Snowdon.Karolina from Birmingham - 22nd February 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Crud y Wennol enjoys a quiet, scenic setting within a short distance of a wide range of attractions. Whilst water sports, walking, golf, fishing, shopping and eating establishments are all available at the market town of Bala (5 miles) there is also a shop and garage within 2 miles at the village of Glanrafon. A pub which welcomes pets can be found in Llandderfel, 3 miles from the cottage and there are a number of excellent eating establishments all within ten miles.
From sailing and kayaking on Llyn Tegid (the largest natural lake in Wales) to zorbing, white water rafting and Go Karting on a championship course, there is plenty to get the adrenalin running in this area. There are also plenty of activities that can be enjoyed at a slower pace. From a leisurely ride on the Llangollen Canal to travelling on the narrow gauge steam train along the shores of Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) or cycling around its perimeter. And there are plenty of interesting shops and inviting cafes to visit as you explore the lovely surrounding Welsh towns.
Some of these include the medieval town of Ruthin, Dolgellau at the foot of Cader Idris and the popular tourist town of Betws y Coed the main tourism hub of Snowdonia National Park.
- The Old Railway line (1 mile) Caer Drewyn (2 miles) circular walks starting from Corwen. 5 miles from cottage.
- Other popular routes from Corwen include North Berwyn Way, Dee Valley Way and Clwydian Way. 5 miles from cottage.
- Bala offers a lovely, scenic route around its lake (Llyn Tegid). 5 miles away
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 10 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 11 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 5 miles
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 11 miles
- Llandegla Mountain Biking Centre 15 miles
- Bala Lake – Canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, raft building and power boating etc. 5 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 11 miles
Bala Golf Club - A 10 hole golf course located 1000 feet above sea level thus enjoying spectacular views of the mountains and of the lake below. 5 miles
Bala lake (5 miles) has 14 species of fish and in addition fly-fishing for salmon and trout is available on the river Dee and river Treweryn.
Nearest beaches found in Fairbourne and Barmouth. 31 miles